You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cmjohnson207

Could we have US BB Radar?

13 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
4,886 battles

hi

so i have been noticing that the US BBs have no radar, but other trees have other gimmicks

like for instance Russians have faster but limited dcp, British have rebuildable ship health regen, Germans have hydro, French have speed boost (on a side note i know I left out Japan and Italy because idk if the spooter plane for japan is better than regular spotter and Italy don't have much to bring (sorry Italy lovers))

since ex Missouri had radar, Iowa could have Nearly the same radar and a better one for Montana and a worse one for North Carolina

what are our thoughts on this?

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,196 posts
5,913 battles

Too late and far too controversial to add it now. The Russian BBs were initially tested with a radar that could detect Bbs and CVs, but the idea was dropped in development. Ive always liked the idea, but its too sore a subject to fully implement imo. Perhaps a short burst radar or something would be fun

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,332 battles

The ''fast bb line'' shouldn't have radar.

But the next line... with their speed and fire rate they wouldn't be able to use it themselves really so maybe it could be balanced.

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
39 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

The ''fast bb line'' shouldn't have radar.

Outside Willis Lee, USS Washington’s CMOA is all about Radar.

If we get one that isn’t the 12 x 14” OG version, then it had better have Radar, or its effectively nothing more than an NC clone. (Kinda like the whole Litorio/Roma thing.)

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

(Kinda like the whole Litorio/Roma thing.)

Well WG certainly had no problems cloning there, did they?

3 hours ago, cmjohnson207 said:

so i have been noticing that the US BBs have no radar, but other trees have other gimmicks

The USN BBs gimmick was supposed to be AA; are ya seeing a lot of that? 

since ex Missouri had radar

which is a premium, and also no longer sold, and was the ONLY BB to ever have radar .....

Iowa could have Nearly the same radar and a better one for Montana and a worse one for North Carolina

Why would ships that spend all their lives at the back of the map need radar?

My thoughts are it's never going to happen.

[RLGN]
Members
16,225 posts
28,105 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Well WG certainly had no problems cloning there, did they?

True enough; and certainly believable in that WG actually would.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
4,371 battles
3 hours ago, _BBaby said:

Too late and far too controversial to add it now. The Russian BBs were initially tested with a radar that could detect Bbs and CVs, but the idea was dropped in development. Ive always liked the idea, but its too sore a subject to fully implement imo. Perhaps a short burst radar or something would be fun

The ultimate problem with deepwater radar was both that it was kinda pointless (with most BBs being nearly constantly detected) and also that it gave an already incredibly strong BB line a genuinely unfair advantage in cyclones. Cyclone is already incredibly unfun, being radared by an invisible Kremlin who chunks off your HP pool from 10km while you're unable to retaliate or even effectively angle against him until he fires his first salvo definitely would not help things.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

True enough; and certainly believable in that WG actually would.

If they can make a buck, we should see it tomorrow.

[SPTR]
Members
27,594 posts
17,883 battles

Not a consumable I would be asking to be put onto the US BBs

[WOLF1]
Members
1,121 posts
2,183 battles
4 hours ago, cmjohnson207 said:

hi

like for instance Russians have faster but limited dcp, British have rebuildable ship health regen, Germans have hydro, French have speed boost (on a side note i know I left out Japan and Italy because idk if the spooter plane for japan is better than regular spotter and Italy don't have much to bring (sorry Italy lovers))

since ex Missouri had radar, Iowa could have Nearly the same radar and a better one for Montana and a worse one for North Carolina

I think USS Missouri has radar?

[PD-73]
Members
30 posts

I Was hoping they would bring back Missouri, its been two years.  They are adding some new slow bb's instead.  WG just working on demand for Missouri and will bring it back for billions and billions and billions of Dubloons.

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,495 battles

I'd rather take improved penetration angles on US battleships than radar. 

[SCREW]
Members
435 posts
20,758 battles

The American line does have the fastest ships, and they are more versatile than the other lines. Really what they need is a good buff to their AA to bring them back in line with what they used to be good at.

I don't think more radar is a good idea, especially not on BBs that play best at around 12-15km. Having played the missouri for a couple of years now, I can tell you that the radar just doesn't come into play all that often. It's more of a dd deterent than anything. Sure, you catch the occasional dd or smoke cruiser by surprise if they don't know you're there, but otherwise you're just an iowa with a pretty redundant consumable, like a cruiser that brings defaa and there's no CV.