You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

My CV best

12 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,311 posts
13,743 battles

I got 6 rocket hits, 4 torpedo hits & did over 20k damage in a single battle. Yes, this is my best. Yes, this why CV's are a snowflake only ship.

This is not an I hate CV post. It is a I suck playing CV's post.

Edited by kgh52
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,065 posts
19,412 battles
9 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

That’s me with cruisers

[TDRB]
Members
5,311 posts
13,743 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

That’s me with cruisers

Most have one class they do poorly in, compared to their performance in other classes. This was the 1st time I was not at the bottom of the scoreboard in a CV. I still have one more to go. I've picked up six CV's in events. The 10pt commanders I got with a few have migrated to more useful ships.

[RAIN]
Members
284 posts
9,617 battles

CV is way more RNG dependent then any other class all you can do is hope its your lucky day sometimes

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[SGSS]
Members
6,212 posts
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I got 6 rocket hits, 4 torpedo hits & did over 20k damage in a single battle. Yes, this is my best. Yes, this why CV's are a snowflake only ship.

The my BB experience  I sail around fire every 30 sec and bounce and over pen everything get made and turn it off for a week:)

[TDRB]
Members
5,311 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

The my BB experience  I sail around fire every 30 sec and bounce and over pen everything get made and turn it off for a week:)

It seems if the BB AP mechanic works in reverse of how WG says it should. I get bounces off DD's broadsides up close & overpens on BB at maximum ranges. I believe WG unintentionally screwed up the BB AP mechanic when they nerfed it for DD's. 

Don't misunderstand me. I agree AP was doing more damage to DD than what was good for the game. But since that point the AP mechanic has been erratic and sometimes does things that fall into the explainable phenomenon category because it should be impossible to happen.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,946 battles
5 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I used to suck at CV. 

Then I sold my soul to Satan, bought some monsters, and away we go!

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
6 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Wow! Pyg!?!!! How can you be so bad? Me, I, Goltz, I never under 100k dmg, any class, tier...

... My favorite ships are cruisers, I never understood what to do with them, very often I'm the first sunk.

Goltz

[TDRB]
Members
5,311 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Wow! Pyg!?!!! How can you be so bad? Me, I, Goltz, I never under 100k dmg, any class, tier...

... My favorite ships are cruisers, I never understood what to do with them, very often I'm the first sunk.

Goltz

1st, it is wooooo PIG! Sooie! You can't be a Hawg fan without knowing that.

It takes a lot of practice driving ships for more fun to play than CV's :Smile_trollface:

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

I know those feels, kgh. With every other class I aim for six digit damage, with CVs I just try to get over four. :Smile-_tongue:

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
10 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It seems if the BB AP mechanic works in reverse of how WG says it should. I get bounces off DD's broadsides up close & overpens on BB at maximum ranges. I believe WG unintentionally screwed up the BB AP mechanic when they nerfed it for DD's. 

Don't misunderstand me. I agree AP was doing more damage to DD than what was good for the game. But since that point the AP mechanic has been erratic and sometimes does things that fall into the explainable phenomenon category because it should be impossible to happen.

That makes me feel better. Until now I just figured Musashi hated me.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,815 posts
14,329 battles
14 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Contrary to some *propaganda*, this result is fairly common.
At least you knocked off the snowflake or camo-token, or whatever.  :-)

• Cool 1