You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pirate_Named_Sue

Asymmetrical Battles - Almost really fun?

25 comments in this topic

[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,289 battles

I had some time today and played 13 of them today as a tier VI. Won 11 of those 13. Maybe half of those were all bot teams we played against. The losses, the first was a solid human team and the second was mostly human. 

As co-op or randoms it seems they could be really fun but as it is, having bots fill in for the high tier team, does not seem to be a positive function. Maybe the token system they are using is more of a draw back than anything. Having to pay 500 tokens to be top tier, to play on a team that is probably going to lose ... ehhh not too appetizing. The few games that were 100% humans on both sides were a lot of fun. Vice versa it would be fun to seal club lower tier bots from a high tier boat. 

I did take advantage of the high win rate and blew through my tier VI Soviet cruiser grind. Threw on the signals and raked in the randoms level XP against mostly bots. It would have taken me a couple of weeks in randoms, took me a few hours in Asymmetrical. Too bad I don't have another tier v or vi to grind at the moment! 

I plan on having another go at it from the top next time. Maybe Mass or Mainz would be a lot of fun. 

• Cool 1

[BONKS]
Members
1,024 posts
9,033 battles

Thanks Wargaming.

Making a cool and fun game mode, but then introducing tokens to play the game which once everyone spends arent interested in it and then the players who want to play are paired with bots

Dang I wonder why new game modes arent very popular you know. I jumped into 1 tier 8 battle, got paired with 4 Bots and lost the battle. Thanks for pairing me with Bots Weegee. i had much fun

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
8 minutes ago, SternBonk said:

Thanks Wargaming.

Making a cool and fun game mode, but then introducing tokens to play the game which once everyone spends arent interested in it and then the players who want to play are paired with bots

Dang I wonder why new game modes arent very popular you know. I jumped into 1 tier 8 battle, got paired with 4 Bots and lost the battle. Thanks for pairing me with Bots Weegee. i had much fun

yup, same thing happened to me. No point in playing this mode if they're going to include bots. I have no idea why they would put in this token system that does nothing but prevent people from playing on the high tier team.

[X-PN]
Members
1,757 posts
12,838 battles
5 minutes ago, Harmonieux said:

Make players choose 2 ships: one low and one high tier. MM can slot them in where necessary. Problem solved.

Good idea, but that would probably involve more programming than they are willing to do for a temporary mode. 

At this point I think the problem is that people figure they will get paired up with bots, which sucks, so they pick the lower tier.

If they lose the tokens and the bots.... I think it will straighten itself out and be a fun additional mode.

[VORTX]
Members
659 posts
8,289 battles
4 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

If they lose the tokens and the bots.... I think it will straighten itself out and be a fun additional mode.

Agreeed. I hope that this fulfills it’s purpose as a larger market “test” and bring it back on the future with some fixes in place. 

[HEROS]
Members
2,086 posts
18,839 battles

Tokens..

And I can't help but think of the scene out of the Star Trek-III Search for Spock as Scotty drops a hand full of Isolinear Chips into the Bone's hands and says something along the lines of "the fanceir they make the machinery the easier it is to foul it up"   Didn't need a token system and I was really hoping to go take my Umikaze into a tier X fight  just to torture me some me some BB's but nawww don't dare let me or any of the rest of the DD experts and near experts go and do something like THAT.

*TSKS for a moment*  Yep, back in the day some of my favorite fun was taking my tier II to a tier X "Fail" div and then ending up at the top of the score board... oh the salt the salt!  The screams of angry frustration was to me the sweet voices of angels raised in joyus triumph.

**GRIN!**

Edited by TL_Warlord_Roff
  • Meh 2

[X-PN]
Members
1,757 posts
12,838 battles
13 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

The two times I queued with a tier 8 CV, all bots. Never again lol

if you drop right now during prime time you will probably get a human team......of course that doesn't mean they will necessarily be better...

I just got a 6 v 12 game with no bots.  Went down to last 2 ships but we (t7/8 side) won.

[RAZE]
Alpha Tester
243 posts
7,002 battles
5 hours ago, Harmonieux said:

Make players choose 2 ships: one low and one high tier. MM can slot them in where necessary. Problem solved.

good idea~  i like it ~

0 posts

Putting bots in asymmetrical battles is a huge buzz kill. Not fun at all. If you are T7 or 8 and get paired with bots it's really hard to win. If you are on T5/6 and get bots on the other team, it's like coop with less bots to farm. 

This game mode has so much potential to be fun. Either reduce the cost of playing T7/8 or incentivize T7/8 more. right now pretty much everyone is on T5/6. If you fix this problem, I think the mode will be very popular. I'd play it more. As it is, It's like playing coop. Pretty boring.

0 posts
14 hours ago, Harmonieux said:

This is a good solution.

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles
1 hour ago, mrieder79 said:

Putting bots in asymmetrical battles is a huge buzz kill. Not fun at all. If you are T7 or 8 and get paired with bots it's really hard to win. If you are on T5/6 and get bots on the other team, it's like coop with less bots to farm. 

This game mode has so much potential to be fun. Either reduce the cost of playing T7/8 or incentivize T7/8 more. right now pretty much everyone is on T5/6. If you fix this problem, I think the mode will be very popular. I'd play it more. As it is, It's like playing coop. Pretty boring.

People aren't as inclined to play Tier VII/VIII right now because you're unlikely to win or even live particularly long and both the flake event, the asymmetric event and the Dockyard go better with good, winning games.

Offering some reward to the high tier ships for playing matches would help.

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts

I've only played one battle in it so far and it was terrible.  I decided to take a Sims.  Big mistake...the rest of my team were all bots against a full team of real players.  Was a blowout...I did manage to get 2 kills but it was 5 on 1 at the end...next time i'll try one of the lower tiered ships and see how that goes.

Beta Testers
970 posts
11,945 battles
17 hours ago, Fifi_Macaffee said:

I had some time today and played 13 of them today as a tier VI. Won 11 of those 13. Maybe half of those were all bot teams we played against. The losses, the first was a solid human team and the second was mostly human. 

As co-op or randoms it seems they could be really fun but as it is, having bots fill in for the high tier team, does not seem to be a positive function. Maybe the token system they are using is more of a draw back than anything. Having to pay 500 tokens to be top tier, to play on a team that is probably going to lose ... ehhh not too appetizing. The few games that were 100% humans on both sides were a lot of fun. Vice versa it would be fun to seal club lower tier bots from a high tier boat. 

I did take advantage of the high win rate and blew through my tier VI Soviet cruiser grind. Threw on the signals and raked in the randoms level XP against mostly bots. It would have taken me a couple of weeks in randoms, took me a few hours in Asymmetrical. Too bad I don't have another tier v or vi to grind at the moment! 

I plan on having another go at it from the top next time. Maybe Mass or Mainz would be a lot of fun. 

I had a match this morning.... queued up my derpitz and got a battle of me and 4 bots against 9 humans.... I would have to say its dumb as hell, and not even almost fun.

[H2O]
Members
57 posts
11,778 battles

My first game today had all DDs on the low team except me in a cruiser. The all bot high team had 2 carriers and a BB and a CA. It wasn't much of a game except it was fun seeing 2 carriers trying to attack a swarm of DDs flak a flying.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
22 hours ago, SternBonk said:

Thanks Wargaming.

Oink! Prove that you are not a bot. Thx. Goltz.

[TF16A]
Modder
690 posts
864 battles

Finally won one on tier VIII! We all survived too! Won by points but there were still quite a few ships still afloat on their team.

Members
722 posts
5,698 battles

the only way to play as a t8 is if you cant kill 6+ ships by yourself and hope the bots kill 1 or 2.

honestly thats dumb, either remove the tokens or make it 9 low tiers vs 3 human t10 

[WOLF9]
Members
1,304 posts
24,574 battles

I have been playing some on both sides ... my observations:

1) whichever team has a solid plan will win.  I had potato low tier (LT) teams and we crumbled.  Same with high tier (HT) teams.  If you scatter all around you will die one by one.

2) on HT with bots, forget it.  The bots play like the potato bots in coop.  One game today we were down 2 bots in like 4 minutes.  10 against 3 is really hard.

3)  The cost to play on a HT team is too much.  When you get bots regularly, then that should tell you something.  If you need to lower the amount of tokens given per win and/or daily, then do it.  I pay 500 tokens and I only get 25 back?  Something is out of whack.

4)  It is something different, interesting, and fun.  They need to make this happen more often (maybe not permanent, but regular at least).