Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SuperUnicumInBed

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

So remove a ship just because it's op meta? To me it's stupid to remove ships like Mo and yet players still have to face it that will never get it " unless" they want to gamble for it, wait and see if they don't remove Georgia because it's too popular.

IS CB really that big that filthy casuals like myself need to have ships taken away and yet we still have to face in Randoms, Ranked or whatever else? and no I don't want to play Random CB's just to get a ship I can earn over time by playing Ranked and whatever else that rewards steel.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[GGBOY]
Members
386 posts
1,619 battles
On 9/3/2020 at 1:12 PM, khorender_1 said:

So remove a ship just because it's op meta? To me it's stupid to remove ships like Mo and yet players still have to face it that will never get it " unless" they want to gamble for it, wait and see if they don't remove Georgia because it's too popular.

IS CB really that big that filthy casuals like myself need to have ships taken away and yet we still have to face in Randoms, Ranked or whatever else? and no I don't want to play Random CB's just to get a ship I can earn over time by playing Ranked and whatever else that rewards steel.

Edited by YAMATO_DIFFERENCE

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,954 battles

Stalingrad is not OP. Take it from a guy who was the Stalingrad main for a hurricane clan. 

You depend on people to show you broadside. You can't over match things like a BB and your he dpm is awful. 

It's strong when played properly but in an average players hands it's not strong at all. 

• Cool 3

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,490 battles

If you watched the last KoTS you would have seen an Iron curtain comp get beat by an none one so as ducky said its only op in curtain situations.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
19,363 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

its only op in curtain situations.

lemme be a little more direct here

stalingrad is only OP against bad players

if you got stomped by a stlg comp, and enemy has enough steel to pull several stlgs in a lineup

chances are they are just better than you and will stomp you regardless, stlg comp just makes sealclubbing easier for them

what you dont see is that the stlg comp will make them lose to teams they would otherwise win against had they brought their normal non-sealclubbing comp

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertester
425 posts
13,542 battles

Stalingrad is powerful in a CB setting as it allows teams to circumvent the BB limit with a psuedo-BB that can threaten crossfires.

In randoms, Stalin is good at punishing noobs that show broadsides, but she is a lot less special as BBs can already do everything that Stalin does except radar.

I would argue Stalingrad is OP in the CB meta, but not in randoms.

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
1 hour ago, CHAOS_in_the_N1GHT said:

You do have a strong point there and I don't have Stalingrad.

I get how this is a ftp game and they have to make their money, yet removing pixels and introducing a false sense of "rare" is as bad as charging a dollar for a red pixel, but I'm off topic, no ship released should be removed because it's " too popular".

Looking forward to more elitist down votes..

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

I'll echo what a few others have said...the Stalingrad isn't OP, and certainly not in a competitive setting.  It has exploitable weaknesses and a wide variety of hard counter play options.  

Edited by yashma

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,022 posts
7,858 battles

I'd say Stalingrad's importance in clan battle/competitive meta's is what it brings to table as a cruisers classification.   I don't find them to be that much of a concern in random battles  except that a whole lot of the players that have them are very good players...  I personally don't own one, but would suspect that essentially being able to bring a BBs armor (in good hands) and a BBs firepower into matches as a cruiser is why it is a meta that must be matched.    

Sign in to follow this