You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

almost quit a few months ago but........

28 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles

The fun was gone & I was on the verge of quitting a couple of months back. My attitude has improved and I wondered why.

There hasn't been any great improvements, events or changes WG has made that perked me up. But there is one change I made.

I was grinding campaigns, much of which requires high tiered random battles.

I stopped grinding those campaigns and my son ran out of premium days. (We play together on nights he has a few free minutes.) He prefers PVP but without the premium days it cost too much to run top tiers.

I'm playing mostly coops & ops and a very few mid tiered randoms scattered in.

I'll go back to the campaigns later but will play limited high tiered randoms to avoid a hard grind. It's been 2 & a half years since I started, I think I can wait a little longer to complete the campaigns.

• Cool 2

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
11 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

The fun was gone & I was on the verge of quitting a couple of months back. My attitude has improved and I wondered why.

There hasn't been any great improvements, events or changes WG has made that perked me up. But there is one change I made.

I stopped grinding those campaigns and my son ran out of premium days. (We play together on nights he has a few free minutes.) He prefers PVP but without the premium days it cost too much to run top tiers.

I'll go back to the campaigns later but will play limited high tiered randoms to avoid a hard grind. It's been 2 & a half years since I started, I think I can wait a little longer to complete the campaigns.

Limiting your randoms probably did it. 

Randoms have made me want to quit more times than i can count. So i stay away from them and do other things.

The salt diminishes.

I usually play Ops/COOP now to avoid stressing out over the game.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,087 posts
4,341 battles

I have long since stopped worrying about grinding campaigns, daily missions, etc. Sure I still have campaigns, but I'm not going to go out of my way to complete them. I just log in, see what I'm in the mood for, and play it. Grind out a couple games in the lines I'm working on, maybe play my favorite ship, play an old one that caught my eye in port, if I want to stress myself out there are plenty of other (and cheaper) options. Only if I really want the reward do I try to complete things. Anchorage looks pretty good, if I have time I'll try and do the dockyard grind. But trying to complete every mission, yeah I have plenty of other deadlines to stress me out, don't need another one.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
27 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Limiting your randoms probably did it. 

Randoms have made me want to quit more times than i can count. So i stay away from them and do other things.

The salt diminishes.

The salt doesn't bother me in the slightest, at least compared to the "quality" of the salt in WoT where members of some unicum clans would trash anyone who wasn't a unicum.  Over here in WoWS, it vastly more tame than in WoT.

Seriously, you guys who can't play Randoms because of the salt must be real snowflakes IRL who can't take the slightest ribbing.  Come on!  It's just not that bad!!!  

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[CNO]
Members
6,565 posts
19,740 battles

The key to WOWS.  Find YOUR fun.  Play for fun.  Recognize YOUR fun isn't everyone else's fun.  Have fun.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The salt doesn't bother me in the slightest, at least compared to the "quality" of the salt in WoT where members of some unicum clans would trash anyone who wasn't a unicum.  Over here in WoWS, it vastly more tame than in WoT.

Seriously, you guys who can't play Randoms because of the salt must be real snowflakes IRL who can't take the slightest ribbing.  Come on!  It's just not that bad!!!  

The salt never bothered me about Randoms, it's just the crappy team play. I don't know how, but I still have more Random battles than Co op battles, even though I don't think I have played but 10 randoms in a couple of years now. I must have played a lot more when I was doing random battles. If teams were more coordinated in randoms I would probably still be playing them.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
55 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I burned out pretty much this time in 2018, and was ready to go to low-tier co-op as my happy hunting ground.

Fortunately, this was the time at which the Cossack/British DD pre-release came in, with directives that could be done extensively in co-op. YES PLEASE, and I have only returned to even semi-regular Random play this year.

So yeah, rather than burn yourself out, chill where the killing is easy and the losses are few and far between.

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

Coop is just fun. Its hard with CV because you need that long game to make it work.

But yea coop is alot more fun

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,762 posts
25,516 battles

What Soshi said is right on the mark. I always laugh at people who put down co-op players and that it is easy mode. IMHO, unless you are signing my paychecks, making me a sandwich, or are a relative, I really don't care about your opinion about the things I do in my free time. If I find enjoyment playing Chutes and Ladders, that is my business. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles
41 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

The key to WOWS.  Find YOUR fun.  Play for fun.  Recognize YOUR fun isn't everyone else's fun.  Have fun.

This many times over. Find your corner and enjoy it. For my self the current dry dock event really doesn't appeal to me because tier 8 is out side of the range that I enjoy in randoms, up to tier 7 so I will not push on it at all.

Edited by BrushWolf

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
36 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The salt never bothered me about Randoms, it's just the crappy team play. I don't know how, but I still have more Random battles than Co op battles, even though I don't think I have played but 10 randoms in a couple of years now. I must have played a lot more when I was doing random battles. If teams were more coordinated in randoms I would probably still be playing them.

The problem I have with in game salt is it clutters up the chat box making it very difficult to see the very, very few messages that are important to the battle.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,318 posts
50 minutes ago, Crucis said:

So, because you are willing to put up with it, everyone else is supposed to as well? Has anyone ever explained the concept of leisure time to you? 

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
50 minutes ago, Crucis said:

It's not the salt persay its the losing due to bad teams that did it for me. 

When i play i want to have fun and i honestly don't find randoms really fun anymore just rather frustrating. Frustration isn't why i play games.

Hey man if you still like randoms all the power to you. 

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
45 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Well said Soshi.

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
30 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

What Soshi said is right on the mark. I always laugh at people who put down co-op players and that it is easy mode. IMHO, unless you are signing my paychecks, making me a sandwich, or are a relative, I really don't care about your opinion about the things I do in my free time. If I find enjoyment playing Chutes and Ladders, that is my business. 

Grand kids can change you attitude about chutes & ladders. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

I just play what I want and let campaigns or whatever event is going on complete on its own.

I only change to full grind mode if the event is time gated an it really interest me.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Lol I'm halfway through 70+ ships, and I can't wait to have a little more stress.

More power to Co-op players for playing a mode they like, but I don't know how they do it. I'm about ready to say screw the reward camo, and just play regular games again lol.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
18 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

I just play what I want and let campaigns or whatever event is going on complete on its own.

I only change to full grind mode if the event is time gated an it really interest me.

Me too, but I figure I'll grind all my flakes, and then use the rewards to boost my reward gains.

Although I might try and grind to Nevsky and Zao before the event ends, for a couple more SCs, even if I have to finish up with FXP.

[CNO]
Members
6,565 posts
19,740 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The problem I have with in game salt is it clutters up the chat box making it very difficult to see the very, very few messages that are important to the battle.

One person's curse is another person's nirvana.  My curse is once a battle gets underway, chat seldom gets my attention...so I often (very often if things are really wild) never see some of the important messages.  I'm just SOOOO focused on the battle, the chat box goes to nigh nothing in my attention focus.   This curse becomes my nirvana in that I also never see all the salty chat...I don't see that either.

And for all those friends that say "hi" to me or give me a salute...if you don't get one in return....99% of the time it's because I'm just too into the game to see it.

All said above, in the early game, before I get too involved, I'll often see the strategy flow by.  If someone is spamming too much, often a red, I'll mute them. I give greens a bit of leeway on spam early game, but if they keep it up, they'll get the mute too. 

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
47 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Lol I'm halfway through 70+ ships, and I can't wait to have a little more stress.

More power to Co-op players for playing a mode they like, but I don't know how they do it. I'm about ready to say screw the reward camo, and just play regular games again lol.

I don't do it all the time. Its something i do in between CB and ranked sprints. And if i get bored enough i just play something else until the next patch or sprint.

I have 600+ steam games so options are never far.

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
58 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

One person's curse is another person's nirvana.  My curse is once a battle gets underway, chat seldom gets my attention...so I often (very often if things are really wild) never see some of the important messages.  I'm just SOOOO focused on the battle, the chat box goes to nigh nothing in my attention focus.   This curse becomes my nirvana in that I also never see all the salty chat...I don't see that either.

And for all those friends that say "hi" to me or give me a salute...if you don't get one in return....99% of the time it's because I'm just too into the game to see it.

All said above, in the early game, before I get too involved, I'll often see the strategy flow by.  If someone is spamming too much, often a red, I'll mute them. I give greens a bit of leeway on spam early game, but if they keep it up, they'll get the mute too. 

Yes, I mute those spamming the F key or using language I'd rather not hear.

I do wish I could remove the chat box altogether.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

I don't do it all the time. Its something i do in between CB and ranked sprints. And if i get bored enough i just play something else until the next patch or sprint.

I have 600+ steam games so options are never far.

I don't have that many, but I still seem to buy them faster than I can play them lol.

I'm always playing 1 or 2 other games besides WoWS, it just goes in cycles what I "binge" on. For example, I played Far Cry 4&5 back to back, without a single WoWS match in that time. Now I'm playing Just Cause 3 and Divinity, but I'm in the mood the last few days for nothing but WoWS.

[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

It's not the salt persay its the losing due to bad teams that did it for me. 

When i play i want to have fun and i honestly don't find randoms really fun anymore just rather frustrating. Frustration isn't why i play games.

Hey man if you still like randoms all the power to you. 

Just a little FYI, xalmgrey.  It's "per se", not "persay".

I understand what you're saying about fun and bad teams and all.  But I find that coop can get boring at times because there's next to no challenge in coop, because the bots are too predictable.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,304 posts
30,247 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I don't know why people think that teams would EVER be coordinated.  They're not coordinated in WoT.  I play Crossout occasionally and there's no coordination there either.  

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles
37 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Just a little FYI, xalmgrey.  It's "per se", not "persay".

I understand what you're saying about fun and bad teams and all.  But I find that coop can get boring at times because there's next to no challenge in coop, because the bots are too predictable.

Ah, thanks for the correction.

I do ranked/sprints which keeps it fresh.

Ops i do for daily crates unless its an awful op like New Port. Narai i save flags and the such for.

COOP i mix in there. I couldn't do it long term because like you said the bots are predictable. Its good for a few casual rounds. Great for knocking flakes out.

Edited by xalmgrey