You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_djv4ZCNmZ56F

Obligatory bi-annual un-nerf-khaba thread

9 comments in this topic

Members
648 posts

Usually these threads are met with derision and declarations that the ship needs to be nerfed, not buffed. But, at this point, I don't think anyone seriously thinks that Khaba is relevant anymore. There's even talk of the new RU DD replacing it. I don't really think Khab needs to be replaces. Simply un-nerf gun range and rudder shift and she'll be fine in the current meta. 

Back when she got the nerfs, there were only a few ships with gun velocities high enough to reliably hit such a fast ship and players weren't used to aiming at such fast targets. Now we have dds who are faster, more maneuverable, and which dont eat full BB AP pens. The playerbase has had years to learn to shoot fast DDs, and there are a whole host of BBs and cruisers with muzzle velocities that can easily peg a khab at range. 

Bringing back the rudder shift and gun range will allow Khab to once again fulfill its role as a viable open-water gunboat, and, more importantly, it will be fun to play again. 

Heck, who knows, people might even start playing the ship again. I've seen like, one khab this month and that was in Coop on the bot team when I took out my khab (for the first time since I reground the line for RB points) to get a SC. 

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

I have to agree the Khaba can use some love.

I have fond memories, sailing her around dodging incoming fire and getting surprise torp hits.

If I remember correct she had 10km torps maybe even more.

Being cross dropped by a CV in the good old RTS days was a true test of skill for both players

Some of these guys were so good that you would always eat 1 torp no mater how good you wiggled.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
15 minutes ago, Learux said:

If I remember correct she had 10km torps maybe even more.

By the time I came in- which wasn't the very beginning but not too long after- they were 10km. Not sure if it had already been nerfed by then but 10km is plenty. 

[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,926 battles

Played a coop game to get the reward and the Bots lit me up at full speed.  I’d hate the play against a buffed Khab but it does need it.

Hopefully the R10 in testing is for a Khab buff.

Edited by BarneyStyle

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Khab is fine. Ridiculous speed. Ridiculous armor. Ridiculous guns.  It's a shadow of its former self but the broken monster it used to be should have never been in the game to begin with. 

Edited by thebigblue
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,808 posts
11,345 battles
18 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

To be honest I'm of the hope that Khaba gets outright replaced by R-10, the tier X Tashkent that's now in testing.

This is what I suspect as well. The new DD seems like it would fit better as a progression from Tashkent. I would not be surprised if WG follows the same plan they did for Moskva and make Khab a special ship while substituting it for a new ship that better fits the line.

I just hope that regardless of how she is implemented, the new ship gets a better name before it is finalized. We see a lot of such names in the German DD line, but the same pattern doesn’t exist in the Soviet tree.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,464 posts
10,717 battles
2 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Usually these threads are met with derision and declarations that the ship needs to be nerfed, not buffed. But, at this point, I don't think anyone seriously thinks that Khaba is relevant anymore. There's even talk of the new RU DD replacing it. I don't really think Khab needs to be replaces. Simply un-nerf gun range and rudder shift and she'll be fine in the current meta. 

Back when she got the nerfs, there were only a few ships with gun velocities high enough to reliably hit such a fast ship and players weren't used to aiming at such fast targets. Now we have dds who are faster, more maneuverable, and which dont eat full BB AP pens. The playerbase has had years to learn to shoot fast DDs, and there are a whole host of BBs and cruisers with muzzle velocities that can easily peg a khab at range. 

Bringing back the rudder shift and gun range will allow Khab to once again fulfill its role as a viable open-water gunboat, and, more importantly, it will be fun to play again. 

Heck, who knows, people might even start playing the ship again. I've seen like, one khab this month and that was in Coop on the bot team when I took out my khab (for the first time since I reground the line for RB points) to get a SC. 

Khaba is still able to gun down a BB on its own even while multiple other ships are shooting at it... and its able to easily dodge all that incoming fire as long as khaba keeps its distance. Why? Because of the soviet bias ability to stop the ship on a dime and accelerate it on a dime. Rudder and gun range didn't change squat about khaba vs non-DD ships... all it did was make it less dominant vs other DDs it encountered. Meanwhile, IJN DD receives the same AP penalty khaba gets due to its 50mm armor plate..while Harugumo has no armor, no heal and no super-speed/superengines. BALANZ KOMRADE. 

• Funny 1