Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Proposal: Tier 8 Premium Standard Battleship USS Oregon

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles

So I had shown this to Lert as a potential tier 8. Lert expressed concern that it probably could only be tier 7 but I wanted to try and see if it could make the tier 8 cut. So here is my proposal for a Tier 8 Premium Standard Battleship.

 

The story

In the course of designing the new New Mexico class of standard battleships, many designs were submitted including this behemoth.

HaBCKtM.png

 

Q8cNJij.jpg

 

This was a New Mexico design featuring 10 - 16 inch main guns. The layout was incredibly similar to the New York class of battleships but the ship itself was incredibly large comparatively. It was 695 feet in length putting her almost 20 feet longer than the USS Massachusetts. However like many of the ships of her era, AA defense was not taken into account because the issues of needing air defense was not pronounced like they would be in later years. This design however was not to be as they went with a more traditional design with two turrets forward and two turrets aft with 12 guns but only 14 inches instead of 16 inches. There would be upgrades and future developments like the Pennsylvania Class and the Colorado class but even these ships would not have the same firepower as this proposed design. Even the powerful North Carolina Class and South Dakota Class had 9 - 16 inch guns compared to this ships 10 -16 inch broadside.

Now in some aspects with coming up with stats I had to take a few liberties with this design. I won't say any of it is outright fantasy, and it is possible that the ship may be under-powered for the tier but that's for you guys to decide.

 

The Ship

Lets talk about the ship. First the main armament.

Hitpoints - 59,500

Cost - 12,000 doubloons

 

Main Battery -

5x10 pcs, 406mm/45 Mk8

Rate of fire - 2 shots/min

Reload Time - 30 sec

Rotation Speed - 4 deg/sec

180 Degree Turn Time - 180 sec

Firing Range - 21km

Maximum Dispersion - 230m

HE Shell - 406 mm HE/HC Mk13

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 5,700

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 36%

Initial HE Shell Velocity - 803 m/s

HE Shell Weight - 861.8kg

AP Shell - 406mm AP Mk5

Maximum AP Shell Damage - 12,400

Initial AP Shell velocity - 768 m/s

AP Shell Weight - 1016kg

 

The main battery has very similar characteristics to the Colorado in terms of capability. The only exception being the firing range. I opted for the historical firing range of the gun, with it being 21km at optimal. This gives it a fair range for the ship and with a small dispersion makes her much more accurate at range. Everything else is the same so you can expect some similarities in gun handling, the primary being flight time to target. I opted for the mark 8 even though the characteristics are not really different from the mark 5 historically, just an excuse to have a greater range without conflicting with the Mark 5 statistics.

 

Secondary Armament #1 -

18x1 pcs, 127mm/51 Mk7

Firing Range - 5km

Rate of Fire - 8.57 Shots/min

Reload Time - 7 Sec

HE Shell - 127mm HE/HC Mk36

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1,800

Initial HE Shell velocity - 960 m/s

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 6%

 

Secondary Armament #2 -

4x1 pcs, 127mm/25 Mk19 Mod. 6

Firing Range - 5km

Rate of Fire - 13.33 Shots/min

Reload Time - 4.5 Sec

HE Shell - 127mm HE/HC Mk36

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1,800

Initial HE Shell velocity - 657 m/s

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 9%

 

The secondary armament is....there. It's not awful and has quite a bit but in reality it's nothing amazing. Like most American BB's of that range it is a short distance firing range, okay reload, and being casemate guns they are less accurate.

 

AA Defense

20mm Oerlikon m4 - 38x1 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 136.8

Firing Range - 2.01km

 

28mm/75 Mk2 mod.2 - 6x4 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 13.8

Firing Range - 2.4km

 

127mm/25 Mk19 mod.6 - 8x1 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 58.4

Firing Range - 4.2km

 

Okay this is the fantasy part. Because the ship was designed in 1910, there was no AA suite. However if you want a ship to sit at tier 8 it needs to have one. So what do you do? Well you assume that HAD the ship been built it would of eventually gotten AA guns like every other American battleship of that era. Well the closest in terms of capability without being ridiculous is the Colorado. So.....you have a Colorado AA loadout. This is the non upgraded suite which is slightly less strong. I think for the tier it will be fine and not ridiculous or anything, besides the fact the AA suite is not this ships best feature.

 

Maneuverability

Maximum Speed - 21 knots

Turning Circle Radius - 710m

Rudder Shift time - 15 sec


 

Concealment

Surface Detectability Range - 16.56 km

Air Detectability Range - 9.74 km

 

Maneuverability is good. While it is a slow ship, the rudder shift is actually very fast but the turning radius is similar to the Massachusettes battleship which makes sense for the similar sizes. However the rudder shift is between the West Virgina 1941 ship and the Massachusettes.

 

Armor

Main Belt - 254 to 406mm

Barbettes - 381mm

Turret - Front: 533mm, Sides: 279mm, Rear: 279mm, Roof: 152mm

Conning Tower: 406mm

Fire Control: 406mm

Conning Tower Tube - 152 to 406mm

Deck: 26mm

 

Now we get to the bread and butter of this ship. It is armored like crazy. Most of the West Virgina class and even Colorado class had their armor fall into the 13-13.5 in range at it's thickest. However for this design the original designer had envisioned the ship having Belt armor as thick as 16 inches. This gives it armor similar to the tier 10 USS Montana. This means, while she is slow, weak to plunging fire, and weak to HE; in a brawl or mid range fight she can hash it out with the best of them. High tier ships will be able to overmatch (just like they can the Montana) but at tier 8 she becomes a harder ship to deal with. The rest of the armor follows the same 16 inch guidelines save for places here and there, very in line with the all or nothing armor requirements of Standard Class Battleships.

 

Consumables

Damage Control Party

Repair Party

Spotting Aircraft/Catapault Fighter

 

Upgrades

5 Slots


 

Pros

- Excellent Main Battery Range

- All or nothing Armor Design reaching 406mm Thickness

- Tight Main Battery Spread

- 10 - 16” Main Battery Salvo

- Repair Party heals 0.65% of maximum hit points per second

- Quick response rudder

 

Cons

- Wide turning Circle

- 26mm plating easily overmatched by HE

- Poor Close quarters defense

- Slow top speed for tier

 

 

Final Thoughts

The ship is everything you would expect from a ship of it's tier. Slow, armored, heavy hitting, and just a classic look and feel of it's era. It's not a perfect ship by any stretch of the imagination but personally I feel like it could fit. Maybe I'm wrong and the ship would be hurt at tier 8, I'm not always the best at determining these things, but I do feel like this ship could definitely be an interesting design to have in game.

 

Also a call out to @Lert who wanted to see this concept and @LittleWhiteMouse who may find this interesting.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
887
[WOLFB]
Members
3,187 posts
8,191 battles

I just do not think this would work at teir 8. I also do not see WG giving the US a tight main battery spread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles
11 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I just do not think this would work at teir 8. I also do not see WG giving the US a tight main battery spread.

The dispersion is no different than Colorado. Any particular reason you don't think it would work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles

We're getting a @$#% ton of SLOW, Big gunned US BBs soon with an hilarious 40 second reload.  Why do you think they'd give this ship a 30 second reload?

If anything, they'd give it 40 second, which means no one would buy her.  End of story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles
13 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

We're getting a @$#% ton of SLOW, Big gunned US BBs soon with an hilarious 40 second reload.  Why do you think they'd give this ship a 30 second reload?

If anything, they'd give it 40 second, which means no one would buy her.  End of story.

I mean.....no?

North Carolina is a fast big gunned ship at the same tier with a 30 second reload. Those have 40 second reloads because they have Montana broadsides at tier 8. This proposal has almost the exact same broadside as the North Carolina but is slower but better armored. There's no reason to think that they would smack this with a 40 second reload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,736
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles
1 hour ago, SeaborneSumo said:

If anything, they'd give it 40 second, which means no one would buy her.  End of story.

Why? It has the same amount of guns as the much faster Ashitaka at tier 7, which also gets better shells.

@otakuben

Nice write-up. I like it. Not too sure about the shell choice, but if we're going with a 'what if' ship and giving her an AA suite to begin with I'm sure they could hoist in Mk5 shells as well instead of Mk3 ones, so that's not really a problem. Overall though with a slow speed, ok range, and bad turret angles I think it might need something more than you've given it, to give it an identity and a purpose at tier 8. It looks a bit weak now, and could use something from the box-o-gimmicks.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
922
[CAAT]
Members
1,670 posts
4,989 battles
2 hours ago, otakuben said:

So I had shown this to Lert as a potential tier 8. Lert expressed concern that it probably could only be tier 7 but I wanted to try and see if it could make the tier 8 cut. So here is my proposal for a Tier 8 Premium Standard Battleship.

 

The story

In the course of designing the new New Mexico class of standard battleships, many designs were submitted including this behemoth.

HaBCKtM.png

 

Q8cNJij.jpg

 

This was a New Mexico design featuring 10 - 16 inch main guns. The layout was incredibly similar to the New York class of battleships but the ship itself was incredibly large comparatively. It was 695 feet in length putting her almost 20 feet longer than the USS Massachusetts. However like many of the ships of her era, AA defense was not taken into account because the issues of needing air defense was not pronounced like they would be in later years. This design however was not to be as they went with a more traditional design with two turrets forward and two turrets aft with 12 guns but only 14 inches instead of 16 inches. There would be upgrades and future developments like the Pennsylvania Class and the Colorado class but even these ships would not have the same firepower as this proposed design. Even the powerful North Carolina Class and South Dakota Class had 9 - 16 inch guns compared to this ships 10 -16 inch broadside.

Now in some aspects with coming up with stats I had to take a few liberties with this design. I won't say any of it is outright fantasy, and it is possible that the ship may be under-powered for the tier but that's for you guys to decide.

 

The Ship

Lets talk about the ship. First the main armament.

Hitpoints - 59,500

Cost - 12,000 doubloons

 

Main Battery -

5x10 pcs, 406mm/45 Mk8

Rate of fire - 2 shots/min

Reload Time - 30 sec

Rotation Speed - 4 deg/sec

180 Degree Turn Time - 180 sec

Firing Range - 21km

Maximum Dispersion - 230m

HE Shell - 406 mm HE/HC Mk13

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 5,700

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 36%

Initial HE Shell Velocity - 803 m/s

HE Shell Weight - 861.8kg

AP Shell - 406mm AP Mk5

Maximum AP Shell Damage - 12,400

Initial AP Shell velocity - 768 m/s

AP Shell Weight - 1016kg

 

The main battery has very similar characteristics to the Colorado in terms of capability. The only exception being the firing range. I opted for the historical firing range of the gun, with it being 21km at optimal. This gives it a fair range for the ship and with a small dispersion makes her much more accurate at range. Everything else is the same so you can expect some similarities in gun handling, the primary being flight time to target. I opted for the mark 8 even though the characteristics are not really different from the mark 5 historically, just an excuse to have a greater range without conflicting with the Mark 5 statistics.

 

Secondary Armament #1 -

18x1 pcs, 127mm/51 Mk7

Firing Range - 5km

Rate of Fire - 8.57 Shots/min

Reload Time - 7 Sec

HE Shell - 127mm HE/HC Mk36

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1,800

Initial HE Shell velocity - 960 m/s

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 6%

 

Secondary Armament #2 -

4x1 pcs, 127mm/25 Mk19 Mod. 6

Firing Range - 5km

Rate of Fire - 13.33 Shots/min

Reload Time - 4.5 Sec

HE Shell - 127mm HE/HC Mk36

Maximum HE Shell Damage - 1,800

Initial HE Shell velocity - 657 m/s

Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell - 9%

 

The secondary armament is....there. It's not awful and has quite a bit but in reality it's nothing amazing. Like most American BB's of that range it is a short distance firing range, okay reload, and being casemate guns they are less accurate.

 

AA Defense

20mm Oerlikon m4 - 38x1 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 136.8

Firing Range - 2.01km

 

28mm/75 Mk2 mod.2 - 6x4 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 13.8

Firing Range - 2.4km

 

127mm/25 Mk19 mod.6 - 8x1 pcs

Average Damage per Second - 58.4

Firing Range - 4.2km

 

Okay this is the fantasy part. Because the ship was designed in 1910, there was no AA suite. However if you want a ship to sit at tier 8 it needs to have one. So what do you do? Well you assume that HAD the ship been built it would of eventually gotten AA guns like every other American battleship of that era. Well the closest in terms of capability without being ridiculous is the Colorado. So.....you have a Colorado AA loadout. This is the non upgraded suite which is slightly less strong. I think for the tier it will be fine and not ridiculous or anything, besides the fact the AA suite is not this ships best feature.

 

Maneuverability

Maximum Speed - 21 knots

Turning Circle Radius - 710m

Rudder Shift time - 15 sec


 

Concealment

Surface Detectability Range - 16.56 km

Air Detectability Range - 9.74 km

 

Maneuverability is good. While it is a slow ship, the rudder shift is actually very fast but the turning radius is similar to the Massachusettes battleship which makes sense for the similar sizes. However the rudder shift is between the West Virgina 1941 ship and the Massachusettes.

 

Armor

Main Belt - 254 to 406mm

Barbettes - 381mm

Turret - Front: 533mm, Sides: 279mm, Rear: 279mm, Roof: 152mm

Conning Tower: 406mm

Fire Control: 406mm

Conning Tower Tube - 152 to 406mm

Deck: 26mm

 

Now we get to the bread and butter of this ship. It is armored like crazy. Most of the West Virgina class and even Colorado class had their armor fall into the 13-13.5 in range at it's thickest. However for this design the original designer had envisioned the ship having Belt armor as thick as 16 inches. This gives it armor similar to the tier 10 USS Montana. This means, while she is slow, weak to plunging fire, and weak to HE; in a brawl or mid range fight she can hash it out with the best of them. High tier ships will be able to overmatch (just like they can the Montana) but at tier 8 she becomes a harder ship to deal with. The rest of the armor follows the same 16 inch guidelines save for places here and there, very in line with the all or nothing armor requirements of Standard Class Battleships.

 

Consumables

Damage Control Party

Repair Party

Spotting Aircraft/Catapault Fighter

 

Upgrades

5 Slots


 

Pros

- Excellent Main Battery Range

- All or nothing Armor Design reaching 406mm Thickness

- Tight Main Battery Spread

- 10 - 16” Main Battery Salvo

- Repair Party heals 0.65% of maximum hit points per second

- Quick response rudder

 

Cons

- Wide turning Circle

- 26mm plating easily overmatched by HE

- Poor Close quarters defense

- Slow top speed for tier

 

 

Final Thoughts

The ship is everything you would expect from a ship of it's tier. Slow, armored, heavy hitting, and just a classic look and feel of it's era. It's not a perfect ship by any stretch of the imagination but personally I feel like it could fit. Maybe I'm wrong and the ship would be hurt at tier 8, I'm not always the best at determining these things, but I do feel like this ship could definitely be an interesting design to have in game.

 

Also a call out to @Lert who wanted to see this concept and @LittleWhiteMouse who may find this interesting.

Definitely an interesting preliminary ship design and possible ingame stats, it's well thought-out and seems viable to me. However, I still personally feel that a real USN battleship like, say, West Virginia '44, will be far more sought-after in terms of a new Tier 7 or Tier 8 premium USN battleship than yet another preliminary design that was never built in steel. To be fair, we're already getting the new split-line USN BBs based off the old 1920s SoDak and the Tillmans coming, and granted, while their stats are immensely different from your ship, the overall design philosophy and overall style of the ship is quite similar. That said, I think you've done pretty well in balancing it for Tier 8, although without that heavier armor scheme, it'd probably fall into Tier 7, since it seems like just a 10-gunned Colorado, really.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Why? It has the same amount of guns as the much faster Ashitaka at tier 7, which also gets better shells.

@otakuben

Nice write-up. I like it. Not too sure about the shell choice, but if we're going with a 'what if' ship and giving her an AA suite to begin with I'm sure they could hoist in Mk5 shells as well instead of Mk3 ones, so that's not really a problem. Overall though with a slow speed, ok range, and bad turret angles I think it might need something more than you've given it, to give it an identity and a purpose at tier 8. It looks a bit weak now, and could use something from the box-o-gimmicks.

Glad you do. I agree I feel like it could use something else to push it over the edge and make it feel truly unique.

I briefly considered a consumable that for a short duration decreased the reload of her secondaries. She isn't a secondary ship by any measure but maybe a consumable like that could make her a bit more deadly if caught off guard by a close DD or cruiser.

Very similar to the DFA I would say.

 

2 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Definitely an interesting preliminary ship design and possible ingame stats, it's well thought-out and seems viable to me. However, I still personally feel that a real USN battleship like, say, West Virginia '44, will be far more sought-after in terms of a new Tier 7 or Tier 8 premium USN battleship than yet another preliminary design that was never built in steel. To be fair, we're already getting the new split-line USN BBs based off the old 1920s SoDak and the Tillmans coming, and granted, while their stats are immensely different from your ship, the overall design philosophy and overall style of the ship is quite similar. That said, I think you've done pretty well in balancing it for Tier 8, although without that heavier armor scheme, it'd probably fall into Tier 7, since it seems like just a 10-gunned Colorado, really.

Ironically part of the reason I considered this design was because of the Tilmans and the possibility that this could fit at tier 8 as a premium to compliment them. I do think that the Virginia 44' should go at tier 7 as that tier needs a good American Premium BB.

I do agree that without the armor the USS Oregon would fall into tier 7 but the fact it was designed with that armor is both really cool and historical. Imagine being top tier in that armored behemoth and just lol-deleting ships that try to brawl with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[PRVTR]
Members
1,139 posts
6,343 battles

You've done this proposal quite well. It's a fairly good concept for an American Amagi, as far as I can tell, though it has Colorado guns. 

To be honest, however, I would very much like to see the Modernised WeeVee '44 that @Lert came up with, due to it's historical significance.

Another potential problem that I see is that centerline turret. Assuming that you've modernized it as best as you can, that Q-turret looks to have a very limited firing arc, similar to the New York / Texas, which could leave it open to very easy reprisals should you choose to blow your load early.

Otherwise, good job. I rate 8 / 10

-Shrayes

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
922
[CAAT]
Members
1,670 posts
4,989 battles
1 hour ago, otakuben said:

I do think that the Virginia 44' should go at tier 7 as that tier needs a good American Premium BB.

It hurts that I agree, because California just isn't a good T7 premium ship right now (and I've now been playing/reviewing her for 258 matches and counting!). California REALLY needs her main battery reload lowered to 30s and maybe an armor buff, akin to what the split-line BBs got (so in the case of California, up the armor to 32mm). Or if Wargaming's feeling spicy, secondaries buff :P 

That aside, sorry for derailing a little, but in regards to Wee Vee, I think Wargaming should make West Virginia '44  the "Tier 7 secondaries-boosted counterpart" to the tech tree Colorado. So basically more AA, much better secondaries, but lesser accuracy/main battery range/sigma.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles
33 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

You've done this proposal quite well. It's a fairly good concept for an American Amagi, as far as I can tell, though it has Colorado guns. 

To be honest, however, I would very much like to see the Modernised WeeVee '44 that @Lert came up with, due to it's historical significance.

Another potential problem that I see is that centerline turret. Assuming that you've modernized it as best as you can, that Q-turret looks to have a very limited firing arc, similar to the New York / Texas, which could leave it open to very easy reprisals should you choose to blow your load early.

Otherwise, good job. I rate 8 / 10

-Shrayes

Glad you like it! Yes the centerline turret doesn't have an amazing firing arc but many of the ships of that era (IE New York, Texas) had that type of design made to utilize the turrets in a full broadside opposed to angling.

I consider the somewhat awkward turret and slightly lesser AA to be a trade-off for it's crazy good armor for the tier.

I do agree, I really want to see the modernized WV 44' but I feel that needs to be tier 7 for many reasons.

33 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

It hurts that I agree, because California just isn't a good T7 premium ship right now (and I've now been playing/reviewing her for 258 matches and counting!). California REALLY needs her main battery reload lowered to 30s and maybe an armor buff, akin to what the split-line BBs got (so in the case of California, up the armor to 32mm). Or if Wargaming's feeling spicy, secondaries buff :P 

That aside, sorry for derailing a little, but in regards to Wee Vee, I think Wargaming should make West Virginia '44  the "Tier 7 secondaries-boosted counterpart" to the tech tree Colorado. So basically more AA, much better secondaries, but lesser accuracy/main battery range/sigma.

California was immediately overshadowed and that was not good. She needs some TLC but I doubt WG will give it to her.

I understand the derailment lol. I could go on for hours about the lack of love the Roma has gotten but many others have done that already.

I would like to see WV in that type of situation at tier 7 with those trade offs.

I stand by my placement of this at tier 8 with it's armor scheme and firepower, even with it's downsides. Firing arcs may be a bit meh on the middle turret but having that type of armor protection allows you to be a little more reckless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles
22 hours ago, Lert said:

Why? It has the same amount of guns as the much faster Ashitaka at tier 7, which also gets better shells.

 

Why?  Look at the new USN BB Line.  All SLOW Standard BBs with 40 second reloads.  Why would they release another USN BB Standard at T8 with a 30 second reload?  They wouldn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles
23 hours ago, otakuben said:

I mean.....no?

North Carolina is a fast big gunned ship at the same tier with a 30 second reload. Those have 40 second reloads because they have Montana broadsides at tier 8. This proposal has almost the exact same broadside as the North Carolina but is slower but better armored. There's no reason to think that they would smack this with a 40 second reload.

Again,,, WHY would they give it a 30 second reload?  They are releasing 4-5 USN BB Standards T7-T10 with 40 second reloads. 

Why would WG build another USN BB Standard at T8?  And if they did, why would they give it 30 second reload when they didn't for these new BBs.

They also just released the T7 USS California - with 12 - 14" guns and a 35 second reload.  You think that WG is going to give a T8 with 10 - 16" guns a 30 second reload?

You can't compare this ship with N. Carolina, or those new USN BBs with Montana.  The new BBs, Gimped in speed, traverse, sigma and dispersion will be port queens just like California.  Just because a ship has a 12 gun broadside doesn't mean it can hit anything.   WG and many reviewers place too much value on potential DPM numbers.  Those 'assume' all the shells hit.  Not gonna be the case.

Anyway,,, I'd love to see a new ship.  WG just isn't gonna build this,,,, and if they do,,, it won't have 30 second reload.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,736
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles
38 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Why?  Look at the new USN BB Line.  All SLOW Standard BBs with 40 second reloads.  Why would they release another USN BB Standard at T8 with a 30 second reload?  They wouldn't. 

You can count, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

You can count, right?

Can you?

I love it when people try to post something they think is quick and clever but makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.   ROFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,093
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,409 posts
2,241 battles
44 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Again,,, WHY would they give it a 30 second reload?  They are releasing 4-5 USN BB Standards T7-T10 with 40 second reloads. 

Why would WG build another USN BB Standard at T8?  And if they did, why would they give it 30 second reload when they didn't for these new BBs.

They also just released the T7 USS California - with 12 - 14" guns and a 35 second reload.  You think that WG is going to give a T8 with 10 - 16" guns a 30 second reload?

You can't compare this ship with N. Carolina, or those new USN BBs with Montana.  The new BBs, Gimped in speed, traverse, sigma and dispersion will be port queens just like California.  Just because a ship has a 12 gun broadside doesn't mean it can hit anything.   WG and many reviewers place too much value on potential DPM numbers.  Those 'assume' all the shells hit.  Not gonna be the case.

Anyway,,, I'd love to see a new ship.  WG just isn't gonna build this,,,, and if they do,,, it won't have 30 second reload.

You are making of ton of assumptions of which have no basis. It's not just the montana broadside. It's the ABCD turret arrangement that allows for an easier broadside. It has fairly good AA, and really good upgraded range for the tier. Oh and it has better dispersion than the North Carolina.

My proposal has two less guns, 2 less km on range, less AA, less speed, and much worse firing arcs and you think that somehow it will have a 40 second reload because.....it's slow like the new line and has good dispersion.

Just because it's a standard battleship with 10-16" guns doesn't mean it will get lumped into the 40 second reload team. As was said by Lert, we have a 10 -16" gun ship at tier 7 as a Japanese premium and there doesn't seem to be a problem with that. And that ship compared to mine has worse armor, better speed, same firing range, similar AA, better rudder shift, better dispersion, better shell damage, similar secondaries, and doesn't have a fighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35,736
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles
18 minutes ago, SeaborneSumo said:

Can you?

I love it when people try to post something they think is quick and clever but makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.   ROFL

Yes, I can. But your arguments are so ludicrously, biblically idiotic I seriously wonder if you can.

Try it. It's not that difficult.

Edited by Lert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles
2 hours ago, otakuben said:

You are making of ton of assumptions of which have no basis. It's not just the montana broadside. It's the ABCD turret arrangement that allows for an easier broadside. It has fairly good AA, and really good upgraded range for the tier. Oh and it has better dispersion than the North Carolina.

My proposal has two less guns, 2 less km on range, less AA, less speed, and much worse firing arcs and you think that somehow it will have a 40 second reload because.....it's slow like the new line and has good dispersion.

Just because it's a standard battleship with 10-16" guns doesn't mean it will get lumped into the 40 second reload team. As was said by Lert, we have a 10 -16" gun ship at tier 7 as a Japanese premium and there doesn't seem to be a problem with that. And that ship compared to mine has worse armor, better speed, same firing range, similar AA, better rudder shift, better dispersion, better shell damage, similar secondaries, and doesn't have a fighter.

If you believe they will do it,,,, more power to you.

All I'm saying is,,, based on how they're treating the most recent US BBs,,,,, don't count on it.  You're arguing with logic.  WG doesn't know how to spell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
833
[--V--]
Members
1,538 posts
14,271 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Yes, I can. But your arguments are so ludicrously, biblically idiotic I seriously wonder if you can.

Try it. It's not that difficult.

Can you even spell?  I wonder if you can?

Try it.  It's not that difficult.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×