Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Thanagor_

Audacious rocket planes

4 comments in this topic

[386LV]
Members
82 posts
11,867 battles

Am I the only one who feels the rocket planes of Audacious are over-nerfed? I thought you should be able to deal more damage against a dd showing broadside after the patch, but it turns out it is not the case. With the old rocket planes, I usually do 5k dmg regardless the angle; now even the dd is showing perfect broadside, I do 2k to 3k. Why?

[RLGN]
Members
16,203 posts
28,082 battles

I seem to recall something about fewer rockets per flight, but not sure if that was supposed to be this update or not.

[PVE]
Members
8,504 posts
24,614 battles
1 hour ago, _Thanagor_ said:

Am I the only one who feels the rocket planes of Audacious are over-nerfed? I thought you should be able to deal more damage against a dd showing broadside after the patch, but it turns out it is not the case. With the old rocket planes, I usually do 5k dmg regardless the angle; now even the dd is showing perfect broadside, I do 2k to 3k. Why?

Think the idea is CVs (despite the obvious imbalance after the rework) were never intended to be DD hunters so they balanced it out so CVs will either start attacking the big ships they were intended to or get less damage for farming DDs.

Members
87 posts
3,700 battles

Gonna have to agree with you, this is at minimum about a 25% damage nerf against any target broadside or not. Simply put there are less things that you can hit and penetrate with a horizontal spread than a vertical one. You will find a lot more success outright not using them, I mean they aren’t really faster than your other planes. The damn things need so much space as well, they are at best flak fodder.

Sign in to follow this