You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zaikadi

Question about Possible Changes for Permacamo

9 comments in this topic

Members
148 posts
2,885 battles

I'm a very aesthetic person, and I love to decorate my ships, especially a few favorites. I see players with a lot of great camos, some perhaps permanent. I read an older thread saying that it's impossible to buy permacamo with cash, the game currencies, and resources. It appears that WoWs is a lot stingier about camo than WoT. Is there a way to buy it now? I saw in chat someone mention "anniversary permacamo". How does one get that?

[-AFK-]
Members
1,277 posts
15,937 battles
Just now, Zaikadi said:

I'm a very aesthetic person, and I love to decorate my ships, especially a few favorites. I see players with a lot of great camos, some perhaps permanent. I read an older thread saying that it's impossible to buy permacamo with cash, the game currencies, and resources. It appears that WoWs is a lot stingier about camo than WoT. Is there a way to buy it now? I saw in chat someone mention "anniversary permacamo". How does one get that?

That cammo has to be earnt from what I have read.

If you wait till halloween a lot of the camo's en up in the port under the camo section of the individual ships. 

and you can get them for doubloons, 

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,029 posts
13,140 battles

There's plenty of ways to buy permacamo, but only certain ships have access to them. For the anniversary permacamo for a T9 ship, it's 5000 doubloons in the armory, or through the new campaign.

Members
148 posts
2,885 battles
18 hours ago, Compassghost said:

There's plenty of ways to buy permacamo, but only certain ships have access to them. For the anniversary permacamo for a T9 ship, it's 5000 doubloons in the armory, or through the new campaign.

I just saw that. Sadly, I have no Tier IXs.

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles
11 minutes ago, Zaikadi said:

I just saw that. Sadly, I have no Tier IXs.

You can still try to earn it... it will wait for you in your inventory.

And yeah, some permacamos are availability-limited in time/events but usually the find a way to come back later. Other permacamos can be bought with doubloons/resources.

Edited by CO_Valle

Members
148 posts
2,885 battles
11 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

Other permacamos can be bought with doubloons/resources.

Is this usually around special events and holidays? I haven't see any recently.

Edited by Zaikadi

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles

Almost every ship tier 6 and up has a permacamo available for doubloons. They're at the top of the list in the camo section of the exterior tab in your port.

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles
30 minutes ago, Zaikadi said:

Is this usually around special events and holidays? I haven't see any recently.

12 minutes ago, Epic_Baller said:

Almost every ship tier 6 and up has a permacamo available for doubloons. They're at the top of the list in the camo section of the exterior tab in your port.

^^ This, you can preview them before buying. Some other permacamos might be available in the armory.

Edited by CO_Valle

Members
148 posts
2,885 battles

I have those, but thanks for pointing it out.

I was looking for something special. My Gadjah Mada's permacamo has only some wavy turquoise and azure bands, and it's 2000 doubloons! That's why I asked now. I didn't want to pay 2000 for the GM permacamo and find out the next day I could have spent a similar amount and gotten something more interesting.

What shame WoWs is so stingy with decorations! In contrast, WoT has a flexible custom camo, insignia, and decal facility.