You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Question about dockyard

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,445 posts
5,464 battles

Ok i think the anchorage is pretty cool looking. I have really never participating in the dockyard events due to the grind. HOWEVER, if i spend the 8k doubloons to get the boost how much grinding must be done to finish it? I don't have much time as it these days and i'm looking for an honest answer. Thanks!

[WOLFC]
Members
2,728 posts
11,243 battles

If you purchase the 8k starter pack, you get 8 stages of 20, meaning you still have to grind 12. Think of “stages” as in-game currency (like tokens) that you earn through the directives. Each directive has 2 awarded for specific missions, and 1 for completing a certain number of missions of each directive (so 3 per week). There are 18 stages you can earn in this manner. If you purchase extra, and stages earned afterwards award 600 RP instead.

If you bought the 8k starter pack and still ground out all the rewards you would have the ship plus 3600 (600*6) RP at the end.

Edited by Nevermore135

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,079 battles

Just twelve (sections/stages?) worth.

Already did it. You jump to Completion/Reward stage 8, and need to complete 12 more. If you finish those, any others you finish are extra rewards.

Completion/Rewards and the (Directives?) are separate. You by the eight, but still have twenty (directives?) to potentially work on; it’s just that now you only need to complete 12 to finish.

(mostly ninja’d.)

[CO-OP]
Members
3,378 posts
30,059 battles

If you buy the starter for 8K, it will give you 8 levels toward completing the ship.  You need to get a total of 20 levels, so you would need to grind out 12 more.  There are a total of 6 directives, with several missions in each.  You need to complete at least 5 to move on to the next directive.  Two of the tasks in each directive will reward you with a level, completing the directive will give you an additional level.  This means that there are a total of 3 levels per directive or a total of 18 levels that you can get just playing.  You need to buy at least 2 levels to get the Anchorage.  If you buy 8, you can either skip the last 2 directives, or get research points for each additional level.

Ninja'd by @Nevermore135

Edited by HamptonRoads

[BUOY]
Members
1,335 posts
16,860 battles
11 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ok i think the anchorage is pretty cool looking. I have really never participating in the dockyard events due to the grind. HOWEVER, if i spend the 8k doubloons to get the boost how much grinding must be done to finish it? I don't have much time as it these days and i'm looking for an honest answer. Thanks!

If you buy the 8k pack you'll complete the dockyard in 4 directives instead of 6. The requirement are up in game so it's up to you to decide  if you can / want to grind those out over the next 8 weeks.

[WOLFG]
Members
12,591 posts
11,693 battles
7 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ok thanks. I will look into it. Hope it’s not grindy like PR was.

Its not as grindy as the PR event.  It still requires some time.

[PVE]
Members
8,500 posts
24,586 battles
5 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Ok thanks. I will look into it. Hope it’s not grindy like PR was.

PR was obtainable w/out needing to purchase anything so the grind was made excruciating...despite them making it sound like it wouldn't be so excruciating in the promos.

Now that you need to purchase to obtain the ship they make the grinds less excruciating...not easy...but at least less excruciating.

[WOLFC]
Members
543 posts
9,521 battles

The grind looks pretty reasonable for Anchorage, the only real potential speed bump is in Directive 5, with one of the dockyard tokens requiring 50,000 bxp. All of the rest look pretty easy.

[PVE]
Members
7,321 posts

8k doubloons is $32 USD, and that only buys you 40% completion.  There will still be a fair amount of grinding to do.  Remember the new directives unlock each week so you'll need to stretch out your playtime over weeks.  The upside is you do get some nice rewards for completing the stages, for example completing stage 10 gets you 100k FXP.  Most of the rewards aren't nearly as good, but it's "free" stuff. 

Personally, I think you shouldn't send any money yet.  Play as much as you can and see if you get close enough at the end of the event to buy your way to the finishline.  If your time doesn't allow you to get 12 stages done, then you didn't waste any money trying to buy the shortcut.  The downside to this approach is it will cost you more since there is a "discount" on buying the starter packs now. 

[LOU1]
Members
4,255 posts
12,840 battles

Having 12 Stages left means you do not have to complete the Directives.  You just have to complete the two Missions in each Directive, not all six.

[SPU]
[SPU]
Members
194 posts
19,428 battles

I have submitted a c/s ticket, but my problem that I read the in game news page for the starter packs, and it seems to imply that you can buy both, for 2+8 phases  (3k +8k = 11k doubloons), yet after clicking on and buying the 1st 3k one I am unable to purchase the second 8k one.

Spoiler

shot-20_09.02_19_16.26-0128.thumb.jpg.53eb1cf5fd38ef537e61251d18278a24.jpgshot-20_09.02_19_16.38-0678.thumb.jpg.1c93d05be207550505ebda64673cc483.jpg

It seems to say you can buy TWO, does not state 1 of 2 .   Also says you can purchase them anytime before 4 phases are completed.

[THREE]
Members
1 post
11,034 battles

I have the same issue.  How do I buy the second Starter Pack?

Just figured it out.  Had to Page Down with the mouse wheel to reveal the purchase button...

Edited by dlgilmer