You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

Interim Grinding: RN or French Cruisers

9 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
1,299 posts
10,748 battles

With the RN dd line finished and the USN BB line split on the horizon, I have two ship lines I can grind casually in the meantime. Both are sitting at tier 8 though one is much closer to tier 9, that being the French line. Which of these two lines would you recommend to casually grind while I wait for the American split? Or should I regrind my IJN gunboat line again to get Ohio?

[REKTD]
Members
642 posts
11,269 battles

I like the French line a touch more, but I like the kiting style. Just got Charles Martel and Fiji, so I do not know that my opinion is helpful for the OP’s dilemma,  but appreciate this post and look forward to the advice posted.

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
239 posts
8,330 battles

British CLs are fairly consistent gameplay throughout.  French get a bit of a flavor change at tier 7 and again with the Henri.

[META_]
Members
1,831 posts
18,967 battles

Most of the time its hard questions but this one you'll answer yourself.....Do you want an open water shooter or a sit by caps and in smoke shooter....french open water...RN stagnet but by caps with smoke.

[TDRB]
Members
5,325 posts
13,743 battles

I at T9 on both French & the RN light cruiser lines. The only RN cruiser I've really liked so far is the Fiji. I will play my 1st battle in the Neptune today.

As far as regrinding for the Ohio, is it worth the regrind? If your answer is yes, go for it.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,478 posts
18,475 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

Both are sitting at tier 8 though one is much closer to tier 9, that being the French line. Which of these two lines would you recommend to casually grind while I wait for the American split?

Did you get the Tier 9 camo for the Saint-Louis in the Space Battles event last year? If so, that should be a factor to take into consideration.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,299 posts
10,748 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Did you get the Tier 9 camo for the Saint-Louis in the Space Battles event last year? If so, that should be a factor to take into consideration.

I did not, no. I’m currently using the Winter camo on my Charles Martel.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,438 posts
30,203 battles

Which RN cruiser line are you grinding, heavy or light?  If RN heavies, I'd go for Henri, if RN CLs, I'd go for the Minotaur.

Re-grinding the IJN line for the Ohio is an option, if you think you can finish before the end of the anniversary event, but I would still recommend you go for the easier task of finishing from t8+.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,299 posts
10,748 battles
2 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Which RN cruiser line are you grinding, heavy or light?  If RN heavies, I'd go for Henri, if RN CLs, I'd go for the Minotaur.

Re-grinding the IJN line for the Ohio is an option, if you think you can finish before the end of the anniversary event, but I would still recommend you go for the easier task of finishing from t8+.

It would be the Minotaur. Not gonna bother with the CAs; not my cup of tea.

As for regrinding I plan on getting Haragumo’s supercontainer and then resetting the line as I’ll be getting fxp from the dockyard event.