Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
black_hull4

That 1 teammate who complains about the team being bad despite us winning.

28 comments in this topic

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles

Ever had one of those? They are going to get the win bonus anyways, so I don't understand why they have to complain. A lot of times it was their own fault for it. Here are my examples where things got out of hand. I won't "name an' shame," though in retrospect I should've probably taken some pictures of the chat box.

So it's a game on Neighbors, I'm in the Ryujo. Our team is winning 7-5, I'm capping A uncontested; the enemy has lost all their DD's, are surrounded, and yet to take any caps. Sounds good, right?

Then our Warspite puts THIS in the chat box: :etc_swear:you all 3 times straight I don't get any hits in until 70% of the game is over you sons of :etc_swear:

Which merits these responses:

1.  yikes why are you so salty
  2.  HUH?
  3.  we are winning tho

He starts saying that he never gets to hit anything which makes half the team tell him to aim better or be more productive earlier. His trash talking us backfires as everyone dead on the team immediately starts pointing out every time he misses for the rest of the match. And for someone who keeps missing at long range, he keeps kiting with a disturbing amount of HP left. And we win, by the way. I'm sure we could've done it with one less Warspite though.

A different ship, on Solomon Islands. This time the game could still go either way, and most of the team is either at C or pushing the enemy spawn. So at this point I take my Hosho down the central channel and start capping B. On the way there I notice that the southern flank has collapsed, the enemy has taken A and we are getting flanked by a Clemson and a Rhein. I report this to the team, as well as the HP of both as seen last. For some reason our Langley, THE SLOWEST SHIP IN THE GAME, is still back in the spawn. A friendly Borrasque goes back to help. I was going to tell the Langley to start moving but that's when a squadron of dive bombers makes a beeline for me and the Borrasque. :cap_rambo: I send some TB's back to spot. In the end, we end up losing the Borrasque(not that he was bad, just didn't have enough HP)as well as-unsurprisingly-the Langley. 

At which point the Langley starts screaming about how his team is so terrible in chat. Both me and the Borrasque started telling him that "Well, nobody told you to stay back there" to which he responded that we failed to protect him. Uh, hello, both of us were supporting you but you were no help! He then says that CV's shouldn't move because they have planes and it's the team's job to move. The rest of the team immediately jumps into this on our side. I mean, at the time he died, the team's other CV was sailing down the central channel at 25 knots, capping, launching A4N's, and shooting down planes! All he needed to do was look at my ship for an example. Then he starts saying that we'll lose. We are now winning 5-2. That Rhein and Clemson are the only ones left, and he thinks they'll win. Brain cells anyone? :fish_palm: :cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts

I was in a match yesterday where we lost but this guy kept armchair quarterbacking us.  I suck, finished 2nd on the team, he was bottom to last.  Sometimes it doesn't matter what you do.  He also reported me so I lost Karma but that's okay because i reported him back.

• Boring 1

Members
4,634 posts
45,353 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

Ever had one of those? They are going to get the win bonus anyways, so I don't understand why they have to complain. A lot of times it was their own fault for it. Here are my examples where things got out of hand. I won't "name an' shame," though in retrospect I should've probably taken some pictures of the chat box.

So it's a game on Neighbors, I'm in the Ryujo. Our team is winning 7-5, I'm capping A uncontested; the enemy has lost all their DD's, are surrounded, and yet to take any caps. Sounds good, right?

Then our Warspite puts THIS in the chat box: :etc_swear:you all 3 times straight I don't get any hits in until 70% of the game is over you sons of :etc_swear:

Which merits these responses:

1.  yikes why are you so salty
  2.  HUH?
  3.  we are winning tho

He starts saying that he never gets to hit anything which makes half the team tell him to aim better or be more productive earlier. His trash talking us backfires as everyone dead on the team immediately starts pointing out every time he misses for the rest of the match. And for someone who keeps missing at long range, he keeps kiting with a disturbing amount of HP left. And we win, by the way. I'm sure we could've done it with one less Warspite though.

A different ship, on Solomon Islands. This time the game could still go either way, and most of the team is either at C or pushing the enemy spawn. So at this point I take my Hosho down the central channel and start capping B. On the way there I notice that the southern flank has collapsed, the enemy has taken A and we are getting flanked by a Clemson and a Rhein. I report this to the team, as well as the HP of both as seen last. For some reason our Langley, THE SLOWEST SHIP IN THE GAME, is still back in the spawn. A friendly Borrasque goes back to help. I was going to tell the Langley to start moving but that's when a squadron of dive bombers makes a beeline for me and the Borrasque. :cap_rambo: I send some TB's back to spot. In the end, we end up losing the Borrasque(not that he was bad, just didn't have enough HP)as well as-unsurprisingly-the Langley. 

At which point the Langley starts screaming about how his team is so terrible in chat. Both me and the Borrasque started telling him that "Well, nobody told you to stay back there" to which he responded that we failed to protect him. Uh, hello, both of us were supporting you but you were no help! He then says that CV's shouldn't move because they have planes and it's the team's job to move. The rest of the team immediately jumps into this on our side. I mean, at the time he died, the team's other CV was sailing down the central channel at 25 knots, capping, launching A4N's, and shooting down planes! All he needed to do was look at my ship for an example. Then he starts saying that we'll lose. We are now winning 5-2. That Rhein and Clemson are the only ones left, and he thinks they'll win. Brain cells anyone? :fish_palm: :cap_horn:

There is a shortage of Snickers,so tread lightly.

• Funny 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
802 posts
6,307 battles
58 minutes ago, Don_Alvarez said:

In my experience the guy complaining about bad teams is usually the 1st or 2nd guy on your team killed. 

Dunno why you got a yawn, I agree. Even in Co-op this is starting to be a thing.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[COOP2]
Members
385 posts
10,098 battles

Don and Skull have nailed it. It's always the person who gets their ship shot out from under them 5 minutes in.

[REKTD]
Members
638 posts
11,254 battles

There are a lot of “entitled” people out there. There are also a lot of selfish, single point-of-view people out there. COVID lockdowns and the resultant job punting has seriously amplified this as well as the overall negativity amongst people in general. What we are seeing with the vitriol as well as the (2 Positive:15 negative) karma ratio lately is simply a symptom of this.

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
2 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Dunno why you got a yawn, I agree. Even in Co-op this is starting to be a thing.

I mean, I don't always like how Co-Op games end. Every now and then I screw up navigation or aiming and get a "No battle contribution." But if you hate on someone for being able to win without your help that's another matter altogether. 

Since you also got a yawn my guess is that somebody toxic is doing that to not be toxic in a toxicity thread(confused yet?). ♦

• Funny 1

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
3 hours ago, DWBGaming said:

I was in a match yesterday where we lost but this guy kept armchair quarterbacking us.

There are some good quarterbacks out there, but the most hated ones are those that give up on their team and give the enemy team advice.

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

Just because the other team played worse doesn't mean that your own team wasn't playing poorly in the first place.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,827 battles

Heh. I had a game a few days ago where three people on my team were yelling at me in chat for "hanging back" and "being a coward" and telling me to "get in the fight".

Thing is, I was never more than 7km from the enemy. In a battleship. And already had two kills when they started in on me, and got two dev strikes on cruisers with my next two volleys while they were complaining.

Some people just have no situational awareness, don't understand the game, and probably have never enlarged their minimap or played all the classes. Ignore them.

• Cool 1

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts
2 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

There are some good quarterbacks out there, but the most hated ones are those that give up on their team and give the enemy team advice.

I've recently experienced that too.  I was the last person left on my team in a random and there were 4 reds left.  My one teammate gives them my position and less then 30 seconds later game over.  I guess he was in a rush to play another match in the ship he was using...

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
1 hour ago, DWBGaming said:

I've recently experienced that too.  I was the last person left on my team in a random and there were 4 reds left.  My one teammate gives them my position and less then 30 seconds later game over.  I guess he was in a rush to play another match in the ship he was using...

Sigh...why is there no longer the "angry" reaction?

• Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts

Gotta love em...  I always feel like adding  "erm, how about looking at the score???  If we're so bad, why are we WINNING?"    But then they'd just whine and rage more, so I don't.   I do have a good laugh at their expense= esp when looking at the YOU WON!!! after action screen.

Whatever, man.  You being killed doesn't = a bad team.   It just means you got spanked by somebody with good aim, and/or good luck;  YOU blew it, and exposed yourself at the wrong time;  or you ran into a better player who outplayed you.

Is it just me, or is "that guy" usually the one with the least XP at the end?

[WOLFG]
Members
33,531 posts
10,430 battles

It's because they are the best player on the team, and they can't imagine their team not being doomed without their presence, or at least following their plan.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
14 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

It's not just you. That Warspite missed pretty much everything and ran away from every enemy.

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles

I've also see those who scream about the bad stats of the player that killed them. But if the other player was that bad, what does that make you? :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,579 posts
11,676 battles
14 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Gotta love em...  I always feel like adding  "erm, how about looking at the score???  If we're so bad, why are we WINNING?"    But then they'd just whine and rage more, so I don't.   I do have a good laugh at their expense= esp when looking at the YOU WON!!! after action screen.

Whatever, man.  You being killed doesn't = a bad team.   It just means you got spanked by somebody with good aim, and/or good luck;  YOU blew it, and exposed yourself at the wrong time;  or you ran into a better player who outplayed you.

A long time ago, I was playing the Omaha in a coop battle, and all of a sudden one of my teammates starts typing "SHOOT BETTER AFTHOLES" repeatedly.  Quick check, and hes dead in a DD on the opposite side of an island from the rest of the team.

I almost complimented him after the game because it was so funny.

• Funny 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,343 posts
13,766 battles

most of the time i respond with.. 

"stop adding salt, this win is tasty enough.." and it usually gets the job done. 

• Thanks 1

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles
On 9/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, black_hull4 said:

Since you also got a yawn my guess is that somebody toxic is doing that to not be toxic in a toxicity thread(confused yet?).

Either that or someone I was talking about ran into this thread & is angry because they know it's them.

♦

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,880 posts
11,999 battles

It's comical, to me at least.

I was derping around in the good old Arizona today farming BB main battery ribbons for the dockyard, and wound up last man standing with two bot Fusos still alive and 2/3 caps to the bots.

This grand exalted unicum from a **very respectable uber clan** was melting down in chat about me, the team, God, pineapple on pizza, and everything else as I calmly dispatched the last two toasters for the win.

I never bothered to reply, for fear of inducing a cerebral hemorrhage or a Great Rip in the space-time continuum.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PHD]
Members
271 posts
12,175 battles

Had two of these in the same team one day today. They just wouldn't stop complaining about how we were all crap, when we were 400 points and 3 ships up, ended up winning easily but my god some people just complain complain complain.

[-TKS-]
Members
278 posts
9,897 battles

i personally love when someone complains about your game play, and you either get top of team or do substantially better than said person. Also agree that some people do not have the spatial awareness to realize whose doing what, but complain anyways

Sign in to follow this