Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Connorray1234

75th aniversery

12 comments in this topic

[HFNP]
Members
80 posts
3,809 battles

Today is the 75th anversery of the signing of the treaty that ended Offically ended wwii. This all took place on t9 missouri as the fleet of 10 battleships BB- 40 New Mexico 

BB-41 Mississippi BB-42 IDAHO BB 63 MISSOURI on wich the treaty was signed

As the ships sailed into tokyo bay small cutters were sent to rescue the pows that were waiting on shore

• Cool 4

[FTY]
Members
208 posts
8,005 battles

What a great indeed day indeed!
Such a great event that took place on the beautiful BB Missouri, as a celebration I think WG should gift each player a Missouri in game:Smile-_tongue::Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles

The in game Missouri commemorates the occasion with the table that the signing occurred. You can see it in port only though. At Pearl Harbor, where she is moored, there is a medallion plaque on the deck for visitors to see.

When this ship came out in game, I wanted her just for the history. I really didn't care for the Steven Seagal thing because he was a bit of a loon. And rightly so, WG ended their relationship with him after his recent issues with his reputation. I was glad they replaced him with the dough character. Otherwise, I would have to dismiss him. 

I am however disappointed that some more streamers were not added to the captains roster. Because I would like to have all of them. Except Flaming mustach--err-- Flamu.

Not to attempt to tangent this topic, but history is amazingly beautiful in that it teaches you what to do and what not to do.

Nobody is perfect, but if you just try to be the best that you can be, then that is good enough for me.

WG should reconsider the importance of streamers as year 5 is here. So many we have to thank for passionately supporting the game and helping us have fun, laugh, learn, and bringing a sense of community. Get them all in game. It's not rocket science. Just release a few at a time over the course of this year and next. This is the best time to get the audio and other stuff like pictures. Jingles and that other guy should have just been the tip of the iceberg to a titanic and epic rollout of epic proportions. It will change the game and solidify the player base. 

Okay 👌, back to history.

Remember those that have fallen to preserve the peace and vanquish tyrrany. The only price for freedom is vigilance to ensure that this never happens again. Champion civil rights and uphold the principle that the law applies to everyone. Let no government, agency, or institution be not held accountable. Public service starts with serving the public and not special interests. This is not a party issue it's a worldwide issue.

For humanity's sake, preserve life above the needs of oneself. Take care ❤️

[AK-49]
Members
448 posts
10,055 battles
15 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

Such a great event that took place on the beautiful BB Missouri, as a celebration I think WG should gift each player a Missouri in game:Smile-_tongue::Smile_veryhappy:

Hear! Hear!

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles
15 minutes ago, CptRemy said:

I think so too.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,496 posts
23,959 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

The in game Missouri commemorates the occasion with the table that the signing occurred. You can see it in port only though. At Pearl Harbor, where she is moored, there is a medallion plaque on the deck for visitors to see.

That medallion plaque is "used" by many service men and women for reenlistments. Both Missouri and Arizona open early on Fridays to allow a number or reenlisment ceremonies. I've had the pleasure to take part in that and even raised my grandfather's 48 star flag on the Missouri during the ceremony. That ship still serves...

• Cool 1

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles
25 minutes ago, Khafni said:

That medallion plaque is "used" by many service men and women for reenlistments. Both Missouri and Arizona open early on Fridays to allow a number or reenlisment ceremonies. I've had the pleasure to take part in that and even raised my grandfather's 48 star flag on the Missouri during the ceremony. That ship still serves...

True, she still serves. By act of Congress, she is always in a preserved state should the need arise again.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
48 minutes ago, Khafni said:

22 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

True, she still serves. By act of Congress, she is always in a preserved state should the need arise again.

I had heard of the fact that it could be recommissioned in the fire support role, as it was during the early 90s, though didn't know it was used for such ceremonies.

I was on exchange at Hickam AFB in 2012 and was fortunate enough for one of the curators to give me a brief tour of the Missouri. They were replacing the stern decking at the time. 

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,980 battles

The one thing I find funny is the salt in the wound move of displaying Commodore Matthew Perry's US flag at the signing.  I mean it's just reasserting their dominance.  We forced you to do what we wanted once (note the flag) and we're forcing you to do what we want again.

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles
23 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

The one thing I find funny is the salt in the wound move of displaying Commodore Matthew Perry's US flag at the signing.  I mean it's just reasserting their dominance.  We forced you to do what we wanted once (note the flag) and we're forcing you to do what we want again.

Well, a lot of US Navy BB captains were probably in on that consensus. Attacking Battleship Row has its consequences. 

• Boring 1

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
239 posts
8,364 battles

Yes, 75 years since the Colonel Musgrave (Canada) signed the Japanese copy in the wrong place. :Smile_trollface:

Edited by utgotye

Sign in to follow this