You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Asymetrical battles- The Zerg meta

25 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts

from what I can see so far it will be a zerg fest for the lower tiers.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,240 posts
20,513 battles

I thought if battle tokens could buy things like camo, signals, etc, I’d be playing it non stop.  It helps when you put a carrot at the end of the stick, WG :cap_old:

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,201 posts
28,082 battles
27 minutes ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Have you played one yet?

In PT, low tiers won every game. I heard of the opposite, but never witnessed any such myself.

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts
41 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

In PT, low tiers won every game. I heard of the opposite, but never witnessed any such myself.

It's to be expected for the lower tier, given the numbers of ships favor early engagement- even if they have to ram. Add in experienced players who figure its probably the easiest way to make tokens faster and that's all it will be.

Time is on the side of the higher tier and numbers are on the side of the lower. Lower tiers cannot afford a a protracted battle.- so they have to rush.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Thanks 1

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts

Can we get her as a 10 pt captain at the end of the season for tokens?

latest?cb=20100906202000

Beats adolescent anime girls hands down.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,310 posts
11,530 battles

I think its an interesting concept and have watched a few of the test battles.

My issue is it will become specific with certain ships and you won't just drag any high tier BB into this or low tier cruiser.

Low tier DDs will have no room for error. 

Members
713 posts
57 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Not always. I was high tier running a cv and we won a few. Nuke the mass of dd's spamming torps and it's over for them.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles

To me it sounds like the lower tiers will have more guns going and more guns going with HE will be interesting. And by interesting i mean a BBQ. 

This game tends to favor numbers over power so it should be interesting. 

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts

Personally I think certain ships at lower tier will be used and others will not see the light of day when players figure the optimal or best ship performance for the class.

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts
4 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

Not always. I was high tier running a cv and we won a few. Nuke the mass of dd's spamming torps and it's over for them.

Including cv's is just going to generate a lot of hate for this type of battle. - It was a dumb decision.

• Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,201 posts
28,082 battles
8 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

12 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

I think its an interesting concept and have watched a few of the test battles.

My issue is it will become specific with certain ships and you won't just drag any high tier BB into this or low tier cruiser.

Low tier DDs will have no room for error. 

25 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

It's to be expected for the lower tier, given the numbers of ships favor early engagement- even if they have to ram. Add in experienced players who figure its probably the easiest way to make tokens faster and that's all it will be.

Time is on the side of the higher tier and numbers are on the side of the lower. Lower tiers cannot afford a a protracted battle.- so they have to rush.

Played all my PT games in Mutsuki. A destroyer I love, and generally do well in.

(Had some bot CVs, but pretty much all humans in every game.Surprised me for PT.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Beta Testers
1,830 posts

I played about 40 rounds of it, of all 4 types of ships, high and low sides, and saw the zerg swarm lose only three times.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

Are you serious?

Nah. I was at university/academy during 1998-2000.

South Koreans were my nemesis. 'Zerg Rush! kekekek'. Then they ran into a supply depot with marines behind it. Not so 'kek'.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
131 posts
20,607 battles

I wonder if WG is just hoping to shut people up about how fun this could be by being rigid about it.

Instead of 4v8 they should do a bunch of different spreads and you dont know what you are gonna get going in...1v3, 2v4, 3v6, 5v8, 5v10, 7v11, 9v12

they could also just do 7v7 (or other combos) with one team being one tier higher.

As others have noted having more numbers is much stronger than having a higher tier (though some jumps in tier are pretty noteworthy like tier 1 to 2, tier 3 to 4, tier 7 to 8, and tier 9 to 10)

If only we could have a battle space where there was a timer to pick your ship and your "side" and adjust rewards accordingly (where you could actually get more rewards on the losing side if you outperformed what might be expected).  what is 100% for sure is this game has a lot more potential than what is realized by its current monetization (though at the end of the day it is a business_ 

Right now you can do this in training rooms for no rewards, and it is a blast.

Umikaze versus Yamato, etc...

[TF-64]
Members
564 posts
20,560 battles
10 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I won some high tier in my Cleveland. While BBs are fun for blapping things, they seemed to make the least difference for the high tier matches. But PT and live servers are different arenas so I expect different outcomes as people try it out and learn what works best for them. 

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts
4 hours ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

I won some high tier in my Cleveland. While BBs are fun for blapping things, they seemed to make the least difference for the high tier matches. But PT and live servers are different arenas so I expect different outcomes as people try it out and learn what works best for them. 

As long as the zerg works more often than not it will be a standard play in these matches.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles
14 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Including cv's is just going to generate a lot of hate for this type of battle. - It was a dumb decision.

Yeah, that'll be completely different from every other match CVs play in.  :cap_hmm:

[46856]
Members
2,040 posts
3 minutes ago, SonicAnatidae said:

Yeah, that'll be completely different from every other match CVs play in.  :cap_hmm:

Glad you agree with me -thx for the support.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
166 posts
3,589 battles
3 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Glad you agree with me -thx for the support.

Not really, but I know that'll be a dramatic waste of everyone's time, soooo

To be clear, I don't think CVs should be in small team games, but as far as salt, yeah.. that's "common" for CV mains. 

Edited by SonicAnatidae

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,605 posts
23,077 battles
19 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I had  60% lower, 40% higher WR. If the lower tier team has balls to attack is relatively easy to win. If they Chicken, then the higher tier wins taking them 1 by 1