You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven2303

New Commander skills

8 comments in this topic

Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

I am genuinely frustrated that even the thought of this is being pushed through, it was annoying enough the last 2 times. For the love of god please dont push this into the game, it will literally make every video on captain skills useless to follow. Seoncdary builds now get a huge chunk missing out of their accuracy (25% gone on Manual Secondaries). The names are confusing and in my opinion should stay the same names they are now. 21 points seems too much. Too many skills are trade-offs rather than acutally helping you preform. I dislike this as much as the AA changes that are coming. Who even asked for this?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,446 posts
10,669 battles

While man secs are gone with their hefty accuracy bonus of -60% dispersion, in exchange we gain a modified version of it where it increases the accuracy by -35% (a buff for tiers under 7) and the secondaries are now able to fire on both sides even if you designate a target for that -35% dispersion boost.

We lose something, but also gain something. Personally I'd like to keep the -60% dispersion accuracy on the other hand having the secondaries fire on both sides is nice.

[RLGN]
Members
16,173 posts
28,066 battles
21 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

While man secs are gone with their hefty accuracy bonus of -60% dispersion, in exchange we gain a modified version of it where it increases the accuracy by -35% (a buff for tiers under 7) and the secondaries are now able to fire on both sides even if you designate a target for that -35% dispersion boost.

We lose something, but also gain something. Personally I'd like to keep the -60% dispersion accuracy on the other hand having the secondaries fire on both sides is nice.

Being the Negative Nelly that I am, combined with general life experience; I see it more as unnecessary change, simply for its own sake.

To put it crudely; IT/Dev personal changing things, for no better reason than to justify their continued employment.

• Cool 3

[WKY04]
Members
4,047 posts
25,721 battles

There is already an 11 page thread on this that just started today. 

Consolidate. 

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles
37 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Many higher tier German BBs have secondary builds. The entire point of this build is the manual secondary guns. Nerfing them by 25% has no upside at all. It's just one more nerf for German BBs. Ships like Bismarck that are brawlers and have very accurate main gins are now going to be neutered.

As usual they keep fixing things that aren't broken and to screw things up. Why couldn't they just leave it alone?  

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,446 posts
10,669 battles

The other 4 pt skill reduces the reload on secondaries as well as main batteries if the enemy is within secondary range might prove to be useful if you're in a brawling situation.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,286 posts
4,773 battles
5 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The other 4 pt skill reduces the reload on secondaries as well as main batteries if the enemy is within secondary range might prove to be useful if you're in a brawling situation.

That one looks very nice.  And the totally broken AA skills, MFAA and the AA side of AR are gone.  It's going to take a while to digest all of these.

One think I don't like, though, is making IFHE (Threshing) a three-point skill for fire-breathing DDs.

Edited by iDuckman

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
29 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Being the Negative Nelly that I am, combined with general life experience; I see it more as unnecessary change, simply for its own sake.

To put it crudely; IT/Dev personal changing things, for no better reason than to justify their continued employment.

But to get their inspiration from the WOT team is telling.