You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

New proposed captain skills will kill secondaries -60% dispersion to -35% RIP german ships

138 comments in this topic

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,655 posts
21,583 battles

Need to fight this tooth and nail as it will absolutely murder secondary builds.

• Cool 15
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4

[PRVTR]
Members
1,139 posts
6,321 battles
48 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Need to fight this tooth and nail as it will absolutely murder secondary builds.

You know, I just want to laugh right now because this doesn't murder secondary builds in the slightest. 

If you read the fine print, you will have noticed that the Secondary Armament Expert skill states "Increases the accuracy of secondary guns when a target is manually selected". What this implies is that all battleships will have MFCSA built in, and using this skill improves the overall accuracy of the secondary guns when a target is selected

-Shrayes

Edit: A little red robot told me that all BBs will get baked in MFCSA, so there, that cements my point

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 7

[WOLF6]
Members
29 posts
6,752 battles

I guess the trade off is supposed to be that we now fire all the secondary guns on both sides? which generally we only have one target in range anyway...  Because German Secondaries needed to hit even less than they do already... 

At least we can in some situations fire at a second target.. but the one we select still only gets 35% bonus instead of 60%.

Edited by Olem
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,413 posts
12,651 battles
50 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

32 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

You know, I just want to laugh right now because this doesn't murder secondary builds in the slightest. 

If you read the fine print, you will have noticed that the Secondary Armament Expert skill states "Increases the accuracy of secondary guns when a target is manually selected". What this implies is that all battleships will have MFCSA built in, and using this skill improves the overall accuracy of the secondary guns when a target is selected

-Shrayes

Who is right this just shows that people aren’t really sure . Love the mass Hysteria from the usual suspects though !!! 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Meh 3

[-VT-]
Members
1,258 posts
29,955 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Also screws over any cruiser that used AFT. 

Good, the machine gun flame throwers should have shorter range

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, vikingno2 said:

Good, the machine gun flame throwers should have shorter range

Take a look at most of those cruisers, they're not the one or two cruisers that people are irrationally afraid of, they're utterly disarmed without the added range. 

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Apathy is a big reason why the game is what it is.

• Cool 1

[PRVTR]
Members
1,139 posts
6,321 battles
41 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Who is right this just shows that people aren’t really sure . Love the mass Hysteria from the usual suspects though !!! 

Wait, from who?

-Shrayes

Members
4,671 posts
45,422 battles
40 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Mass Hysteria, CVs and DDs living with each other!

It's only preliminary and still being tested. I am interested in the changes myself, but I also know that it's not final.

• Haha 2

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
5 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Mass Hysteria, CVs and DDs living with each other!

It's only preliminary and still being tested. I am interested in the changes myself, but I also know that it's not final.

CVs and DDs living together....MASS HYSTERIA!  (quote correction)

Overall it sounds to me like secondaries are getting some buffs overall, being able to fire them all while focusing them is great, they said ranges are probably increasing, skills that buff the primary gun firing rate while in secondary range, etc...seems to me like they are getting better, not worse, maybe slightly less accurate at worst.

[SALVO]
Members
26,305 posts
30,300 battles

You're missing the bigger picture.  This new version of ManSec appears to work equally well at all tiers, unlike the current ManSec which is only a 60% buff at tiers 7 and higher, but only 15% (?) at tiers 6 and below.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
Members
290 posts
10,273 battles

Shouldn't we wait and see what the captain, new 21 pt, restructure is gonna bring-either altering/adding/removing skills before starting the hype train on current commander skills that are (potentially) going to change.....?

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles

Secondary builds added to the problems of high tier matches... If they nerf the intensity and allow cruisers with torps to get close...

I see it as a win for the game..

Now if the nerf the other OP ordnance of high tier ships... Maybe high tier games can be saved in 2020...

Now that is progress.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 6

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,413 posts
12,651 battles
21 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Wait, from who?

-Shrayes

Just one person thinks it’s bad and one person thinks it good . I don’t know who is right was all I was saying though I lean towards your point of view . I have to read up on it more I’m at work . 

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles

Don't you complain enough on Twitch streams ? ahh after reading your location, you seem to be stuck in the mud a lot more than the BB in Wilmington.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,929 battles

My two questions are:

1. Will all current 19 pt commanders be required to grind to 21 pts or will they level them up as a part of this change?
  2. It requires 259,000 pts to go from 17 to 18 and 300,000 pts to go from 18 to 19.   What will be the XP requirements for getting to 20 and 21 points from the 19 and 20 point levels? 

This could be a huge grind.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
240 posts
14,248 battles

i think we should double the secondary range of all ships and make it realistic. 

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,305 posts
30,300 battles
13 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

i think we should double the secondary range of all ships and make it realistic. 

From the new skill system spreadsheet:

Read this closely, particularly the highlighted parts.    Take note of this, @Cit_the_bed  I think that this change is worth the decrease to the accuracy bonus for the single targeted enemy ship.

The mechanics of the Manual fire control for secondary armament skill were changed. Now, secondary guns fire all the time and in all directions. However, the bonus to the the accuracy from skills is applied only towards the target designated by the player.

Furthermore, we are planning to increase the base secondary armament firing range for the majority of battleships.  Detailed information will be announced at a later date.

• Cool 4

[SNGNS]
Members
610 posts
7,039 battles
12 minutes ago, Crucis said:

From the new skill system spreadsheet:

Read this closely, particularly the highlighted parts.    Take note of this, @Cit_the_bed  I think that this change is worth the decrease to the accuracy bonus for the single targeted enemy ship.

yeah, this is the interesting part for me too. the question is going to be are the Germans getting an increase? (doubtful because that would push some bbs into stealth sec fire range...) but im just hyped because other ships are going to be a bit more viable for sec spec!

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I don't think so at all.  To me this is a buff. I found old Man Secondaries a complete waste. Far too often I found that I needed secondaries on both sides to be firing when going into a brawl.  TBH i think its daft as hell and quite counter productive to use the old Man secondaries.  You got damn near 12km of secondaries range. When you go into a brawl it happens so often that you get ships on both sides.  This new version where both sides a firing is a clear improvement. 

Keep in mind that the document notes that many secondaries on BBs will get their range buffed. 

So anyway here is a new Massa spec for brawling:

T1:  1 PTS

- Pyrotechnist 

T2:  2 pts

-  AA gunners Training Expert +20% priority sector Reinforcement

(could swap it for Argus Eyed)

T3:  6 PTS

- Secondary Armament Ballistician  +20% secondary range

- Survivablity expert (if you picked argus eyed )  Or Expert AA gunners if you picted the AA skill on T2 

T4:  12 pTs 

- Secondary Armament Expert   -35% dispersion

- Straight A Artillerist  -10% Secondary reload time   - 10% MB reload time if enemy is in range. 

-  Fire Prevention (or concealment expert)

You can basically pull off a secondary spec while still doing a battleship survival or AA build. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 4

[SGSS]
Members
6,219 posts
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

This is the nerf to Mass. Instead of Nerf Mass they nerf everyone.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1