Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
King_Garbo

A Tale of Terrible Customer Service

11 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
316 battles

A couple of friends recently started playing WoWS.  They recommended it, and a few years ago I tried World of Tanks.  I was not a big fan of World of Tanks.  I decided to give this a try, and a friend sent an invite link to me in Discord for the Recruiting Station.  "SWEET! I'll get a ship, a commander, and my friend will get some kickbacks."  I click the link, and it asks me to create an account or login.  I click "Create New Account."  I enter my e-mail address, only to discover that the address was already linked to a Wargaming account.  I had forgotten that I used this address to try WoT back in the day. 

No matter, the promotion said it was for new players, or old players returning after a long period of inactivity.  I track down my old login info, and go through the link after logging in.  I decided to buy some doubloons to change my name, as I hadn't used that old WoT handle in a long time.  Hell, I decided to buy premium ship while I was at it.  I started playing the game, and really enjoyed it, but still hadn't received my rewards for the Recruiting Station, and my friend wasn't receiving any credit for having recruited me.  I decided to submit a ticket.  ...and so begins the adventures of Yauheni the Clown and the Denial of Errors.

754498910_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService1.thumb.png.7856cc8b2649c1642fc9f147e8ce0934.png

Fair enough.  Here are the screenshots I submitted to show the issue I was having.

27350955_RecruitingStationIssue1.thumb.png.9d4871a580e76a53ab89a5a7eabdaafa.png

698017815_RSIssue2.thumb.png.a05d047a5a47fffb701d2ad29a9059b0.png

1822808649_RSIssue3.thumb.png.5faf08f0ae66163dfb13106defc66922.png

"Okay!  I've got some screenshots, hopefully this will help them find and fix the issue!"  ...and then the denial, deflection, and excuses started.

963645937_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService2.thumb.png.18a1500b4cd73305ad5fd94f35dfd757.png

So despite the fact that the system should have been working before I became a Veteran, Yauheni had to step in a point out that it was no longer the "recruiting program" but the "Recruiting Station."  ...and that the rules had changed.  Real helpful...and it doesn't change the fact that when I was still eligible for the rewards, the system didn't work.  It's now denied both myself and my friend who invited me from receiving the benefits promised in the promotion.  No matter, they still needed to change the reasons for why the program didn't work, and it's my fault.

588860880_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService3.thumb.png.725cc7ac932196fd87a2bae164fc4e0a.png

I probably would have dropped it were it not for Yauheni continuing to deny and deflect.  He gave me an axe to grind, and while I WAS ELIGIBLE, the system didn't work.

441142204_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService4.thumb.png.c84000d8b08905b1a199641e4689c21e.png

142560295_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService5.thumb.png.bc26bde9d1734193486cba4de75a24ed.png

Okay, I get that they can't get their Recruiting Program to work, and supposedly they can do nothing to help me.  Yet in these forums, I've seen people talk about the "great customer service" they've received from Wargaming, and being credited free doubloons or other kickbacks for their issues.  I don't believe that they "can't help me."  But Yauheni isn't done yet.
349354664_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService6.thumb.png.98beed5a9039c09be7547fb2939c1ce7.png

1451854377_ATaleofTerribleCustomerService7.thumb.png.6e286dd0e0c5616d67951d1ca0b0d928.png

...but now I'm being reassured that "the system works corrrectly without any mistakes."  Despite being told it was because I was a Veteran at the time I submitted the ticket, but that it didn't work before then.  When it should have.  Then Yauheni had to clarify that it didn't work because it's now "Recruiting Station" and not "recruiting program."  So out of excuses, he tells me it was because I clicked a link before I logged in.  The same link that would tell you create an account if you didn't have one, or to login if you had an account.  How would people be able to login before creating an account if they didn't have one already?  

...but the real kicker is that Yauheni insists "the system works correctly without any mistakes."

I'd like to bring the attention back to this message the system gave me.:
1822808649_RSIssue3.thumb.png.5faf08f0ae66163dfb13106defc66922.png

"You have already accepted the invitation from *UNKNOWN USER.*"

Apparently it's a feature, not a bug...

At this point I don't care if they can't link me to the Recruiting Station rewards.  It would be nice if they admitted there's an issue with their system, the fault is on their end, instead of blaming me for the problems after changing their reasons and excuses.  I'd already dropped some money on this game.  It's a little ridiculous that this is how they treat a paying customer.  If they admit their system didn't work, apologize, maybe throw a little something my way like other players have reportedly received for their issues, I would likely continue to play and support this game.

Regardless, any decent manager should look at Yauheni and realize that he's not fit for the job, or seriously needs some remedial training.  My ticket is still unanswered at this time.  If they wanna pretend there isn't an issue, and don't want to/can't honor their promotions, and turn around and blame me for this, I'm happy to get my money back and play a different game.

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,105 posts
4,342 battles

First, as the CS rep said, the program has changed. It's possible the link your friend sent you was an old one, that either doesn't work or caused issues with the system. You probably should have tried getting him to find and send you an up to date link.

Second, the rewards are not credited to your account until you reach T5. If you haven't reached that tier yet then no rewards.

If you have an issue talking with one of the admins here such as @Hapa_Fodder is going to be far more productive.

Members
6 posts
316 battles

This is game support, is it not?  I'm pointing out very real issues with their system.

Now how am I supposed to get to Tier 5, but can't be a Veteran, for the rewards to work?  I passed Tier 5.  The link shows it's correctly called the "Recruiting Station."  The link he sent is the up to date promotion.

Got anything productive to say, or you just gonna be a wannabe hall monitor?

...and guess what?  I'm not the only person with these issues.:

If their system is broken, and I'm not supposed to raise game support issues on the "game support" forums, what makes you think harassing a moderator is going to change anything?  Or are valid complaints and issues "whining" in your book?

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
Members
232 posts
9,364 battles

This reminds me of those surveys they send you through email asking about World of Warships and when you click the link, it goes to a dead site.

I hope this gets resolved for you OP.

• Cool 1

Members
6 posts
316 battles

Thank you, sir!  I know it's not just me.  One of the friends that told me to start playing this had a similar issue, but felt he was too far in to start a new account or abandon the game altogether.

[WOLF6]
Members
232 posts
9,364 battles
2 minutes ago, King_Garbo said:

Thank you, sir!  I know it's not just me.  One of the friends that told me to start playing this had a similar issue, but felt he was too far in to start a new account or abandon the game altogether.

@Hapa_Fodder is really good at helping out with this sort of thing. If he doesn't fix it, he'll at least shed some light on why it is happening... I hope :).

[DTM]
Members
95 posts
1,988 battles

When I started back on Aug. 10th 2020, I ran into this same issue.

But lucky I was told how to correct it. Make your account first and what ever invite code you got and create your account. then click your link for the referral.

It goes thru with no problems.

But it's something that needs to be corrected, cause it wont work if someone follows my link posted on facebook. Needs to be when person clicks the link and then accepts it should go straight to create account...but sadly it doesn't, which is another flaw in wargaming

Edited by MillenniumDuck

Members
6 posts
316 battles

Well, the Customer Support group has gotten back to me, and they still don't see their problem, and it's still my fault.  Despite having logged in even though the portal doesn't say I have.  Despite having cleared cookies.  ...and now that my account is well ranked up from when the problems were first documented, and because I had invited a friend, or because it's now called "Recruiting Station" and not "recruiting program," now when I try to replicate the original issue, it tells me I'm already a player and not eligible for the promotion.  A group of these people can't seem accept or identify the reality that their system is broken.
197430313_Part9.thumb.png.2cf406c0704bba208367e1d8b8648110.png

59725831_Part10.thumb.png.8cc63ad67ae91368c2aba1c115c2f3ab.png

512857606_Part11.thumb.png.692da04fdb0d85ec032d81458b7a5d6c.png

But don't worry, I'm being assured that "the system works correctly with no mistakes."  ...and it's my fault because I didn't login, even though I did, but their system is so broken it doesn't say that I did in the top right corner despite the fact that it can identify that I've already clicked a link and has listed the invite as being sent from *UNKNOWN USER.*

The circular illogic from the support team is frustrating.

Members
6 posts
316 battles

So @foodprinter was able to come through and made an effort to make things right.  That's all I wanted.  After being run around in circles and blamed for something that didn't work the way it was supposed to, foodprinter got in contact with me and was able to reward me with some of the stuff that was supposed to have been granted initially.  While the Customer Service portal and staff were problematic, foodprinter himself addressed the issue.  High marks for @foodprinter!

1784190958_ForumModeratorResponse1.thumb.png.058e684c6e7105cb4c16f087bedea70e.png

I still have to disagree that the system worked the way it was supposed to, since I was logging in and still receiving an error.  The portal didn't register that I had logged in, even though it delivered an error message and the web address indicated that my profile "already existed."  It could very well be a cookie or browser issue, but the system did not function properly.

118025650_ForumModResponse2.thumb.png.d1e55f09ab8298733ad379f4eb1b40a3.png

Regardless, someone was finally able to step up and try to make things right.  My advice to anyone who reads this:
If you are getting headaches and run around by the CS ticket, come to the forums and try to contact @foodprinter or another admin.  Thanks again, you've successfully kept a customer.

Sign in to follow this