You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Epic_Baller

I do love that Musashi angled citadel

13 comments in this topic

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles

This is one of the best dev strikes I've had yet. Couldn't resist sharing:

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles

Imagine if she didn't have that weakness.  She already outright breaks Tier IX Battleship balance, making Jean Bart and Georgia look weak.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/na/ship_20200829.html

I still remember the criticism Musashi had when she first came out because she didn't have Yamato's 2.1 Sigma.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles
5 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Imagine if she didn't have that weakness.  She already outright breaks Tier IX Battleship balance, making Jean Bart and Georgia look weak.

I still remember the criticism Musashi had when she first came out because she didn't have Yamato's 2.1 Sigma.

She's a great boat, no doubt about it - especially with how frequent all-T9 matches are with no CVs. Although I'd say nothing makes a well-captained Jean Bart look weak. Both JB and Georgia have much higher skill floors than Musashi, but I don't think they're necessarily lesser boats.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,420 posts
12,667 battles

He was showing some broadside not really angled to good . But that ship is a beast but I can’t seem to win in her . 

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles
6 minutes ago, clammboy said:

He was showing some broadside not really angled to good . But that ship is a beast but I can’t seem to win in her . 

Not really broadside, that was definitely a hit on the angled citadel bulkhead. Main belt shots would have likely autobounced. He was at about 30 degrees.

yamcit.thumb.jpg.8e58033e77276c4d9578333b8af3bab5.jpg

musashicheek.thumb.jpg.0cccfc701c211927ad6b9b8196f7e672.jpg

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles
2 hours ago, Epic_Baller said:

She's a great boat, no doubt about it - especially with how frequent all-T9 matches are with no CVs. Although I'd say nothing makes a well-captained Jean Bart look weak. Both JB and Georgia have much higher skill floors than Musashi, but I don't think they're necessarily lesser boats.

It was kind of funny, knowing how bad Musashi's AA was even in the RTS CV days with a fantastic AA system, she was super vulnerable to air attacks.  Yamato was never known for her AA and Musashi was even worse off with an older refit.

Before the CV Rework, I imagined if Carriers became more common that Musashi would become obsolete.  Then:

- Finding out there are no longer Tier IX CVs like Taiho and Essex anymore.

- Ranked this tier has no Carriers to make Musashi worry.

Musashi even in the CV Rebork era still dominates.  Real funny circumstances with that boat.

26 minutes ago, Epic_Baller said:

Not really broadside, that was definitely a hit on the angled citadel bulkhead. Main belt shots would have likely autobounced. He was at about 30 degrees.

yamcit.thumb.jpg.8e58033e77276c4d9578333b8af3bab5.jpg

musashicheek.thumb.jpg.0cccfc701c211927ad6b9b8196f7e672.jpg

When I was new, Yamato was my first Tier X BB.  I committed every possible idiotic sin you could as a Tier X BB, even finding ways on getting killed first before anyone.  But one of the worst things I did was trying to brawl with Yamato and having zero clue about that "cheek."  I remember specifically rounding a corner trying to brawl a Montana.  One of my teammates warned me about going around that island.  Monty was waiting right there and hit me right on the cheek.  I had a lot of HP, and it all evaporated.

Only way I got better was getting spanked hard like that to learn my lessons :Smile_teethhappy:

My harsh schooling with Yamato made me understand how to be a Tier X Battleship a lot more as my subsequent BBs there performed much better.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

top tier against 7s she is a s.o.b to take down due to her health and armor.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,919 posts
26,019 battles
20 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

top tier against 7s she is a s.o.b to take down due to her health and armor.

Yep.  And even in a Tier X game, she still has Yamato HP, Yamato Armor, and Yamato 460mm AP Overmatch.  She may not have Yamato's turret traverse nor 2.1 Sigma, but she has most of Yamato's other characteristics.  Her 460mm guns means that she still must be respected even by Tier X Battleships.

Members
948 posts
3 hours ago, Epic_Baller said:

This is one of the best dev strikes I've had yet. Couldn't resist sharing:

Mmmmmm champagne citadels right there. 

A side question, how do you play with Alternative Battle Interface turned off?  Ouch!

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles
Just now, Snarky_Wombat said:

Mmmmmm champagne citadels right there. 

A side question, how do you play with Alternative Battle Interface turned off?  Ouch!

I got like a patch behind on Aslain's and I'm too lazy to update :Smile_teethhappy:

Like every battle for 200 matches I'm like, "Gah, this is so ******, I gotta fix this before the next match!"