Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mikebiang

Momentum Mechanic?

13 comments in this topic

[GCCN]
[GCCN]
Members
27 posts
4,520 battles

Everyone once in awhile, I have on of those matches where it seems like you are unstoppable and you are mowing down ships left and right.  Is this a just a lucky match? It obviously isn't skill, otherwise I'd have more of these types of matches, and a much better win rate.   :).   I'm wondering if there's some sort of game mechanic in play that allows a player to build up momentum in a match, or "get on a roll".   Has anyone else experienced this?

Members
4,157 posts
14,857 battles

There isnt anything like that in this game. Some special capts have perks, but nothing really game breaking.

Just some good matches, playing well, or enemy collapses. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,727 posts
22,442 battles
15 minutes ago, mikebiang said:

Everyone once in awhile, I have on of those matches where it seems like you are unstoppable and you are mowing down ships left and right.  Is this a just a lucky match? It obviously isn't skill, otherwise I'd have more of these types of matches, and a much better win rate.   :).   I'm wondering if there's some sort of game mechanic in play that allows a player to build up momentum in a match, or "get on a roll".   Has anyone else experienced this?

RNG is why these things occur, it is just luck.

[GT3]
Members
200 posts
7,813 battles

The game is 50% skill / experience.

And 50% RNG / luck

Sometimes u get laser cannons and other times cant damage a rowboat.

Edit: also sometimes the enemies play badly and make ez kills.. While other times they play well and dont give you much of a target.

Edited by Mego_Splat
More thoughts

[SALVO]
Members
8,277 posts
6,158 battles
13 minutes ago, mikebiang said:

I have my personal tin foil hat theory about a match seed modifier for RNG. Sometimes your dispersion is consistently amazing and you hit everything you aim at, sometimes you can't seem able to land a single shot in a volley of 16. Tho, to be honest it falls into what is perfectly possible for random values too.

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
19,978 battles
27 minutes ago, mikebiang said:

I have those games occasionally. I’ve noticed recently that this goes really well if the enemy is ignoring me while shooting at my teammates. 

Members
772 posts
10,172 battles

No specific individual mechanic, but snowball effect in matches is very real - if your team is whole and the enemy team loses 2-3 ships quickly, then the chances of a rout(and your ability to farm easier damage and kills) are greatly increased.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[SYN]
Members
15,971 posts
12,803 battles

You may not realize it, but you are probably doing something correctly to initiate the snowball effect in your favor.

Of course, RNG being RNG, this may also be you rolling ⚅ twenty times in a row

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,446 posts

Momentum does not exist in this game.

With that said, it's a beeeyoitch stopping whoa nellie a fat cruiser that has been tooling along at 35 knots. Almost like a Gremlin or something got between your keyboard and game,

[WOLFG]
Members
33,671 posts
10,453 battles
3 hours ago, Mego_Splat said:

also sometimes the enemies play badly and make ez kills.. While other times they play well and dont give you much of a target.

Yep, and the funny thing is, sometimes when they play well and don't give you much of a target, one of your teammates gets into a position to mow them down lol.

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
642 posts
11,269 battles
7 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I have my personal tin foil hat theory about a match seed modifier for RNG. Sometimes your dispersion is consistently amazing and you hit everything you aim at, sometimes you can't seem able to land a single shot in a volley of 16. Tho, to be honest it falls into what is perfectly possible for random values too.

I have a similar theory. Landing 7 of 9 Musashi shells on a cruiser at 17km on a winning streak only serves to reinforce this notion. Similar to a losing streak when FdG misses all shells at 4km...oh...wait, that’s normal for the now improved German dispersion!

Sign in to follow this