You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

World of Warships Anniversary!

92 comments in this topic

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,607 battles

World of Warships is celebrating its Fifth Anniversary. A new Campaign, collection, first-win bonuses, and a new temporary battle type await you!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1

Members
1,405 posts
1,852 battles

So apparently that time I got an Anniversary camo supercontainer wasn't the Anniversary? Interesting...

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,860 posts
27,122 battles

While I'm excited to replenish my flags and camos, I must say WoT is way more generous. Awarding 7 premium low tier tanks for just logging on. Just saying, hint hint.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
817 posts
10,856 battles
24 minutes ago, danbuter said:

You guys need to do an event for tier 2-4 only.

I agree with this.  Even if the event is modest by upper tier standards, a low tier event could be encouraging for those players who are newer or lack the mid to upper tier vessels required for most events but will stick around to play those.

• Cool 4

[BOFS]
Members
2 posts
140 battles

like looks of the campaign,, but did Gaijin buy the company? the rewards have gotten cheesy cheap over the years,,,,,,

• Cool 6
  • Haha 1

[-N-]
Members
308 posts
18,074 battles

So do we get rewards for T10s that we had but whose lines we have reset and are currently regrinding? I seem to remember that being the case last year.

• Cool 1

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,514 posts
16,710 battles
43 minutes ago, danbuter said:

You guys need to do an event for tier 2-4 only.

Check out the campaign!

• Cool 1

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,514 posts
16,710 battles
5 minutes ago, Nine_Lives_ said:

So do we get rewards for T10s that we had but whose lines we have reset and are currently regrinding? I seem to remember that being the case last year.

Yes, as with previous years, those with T10s need only play a match, any game mode, to receive a Supercontainer.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
817 posts
10,856 battles
4 minutes ago, clikclikpow said:

like looks of the campaign,, but did Gaijin buy the company? the rewards have gotten cheesy cheap over the years,,,,,,

Yeah, it's not exactly an extravaganza is it?  Gift containers with a set of 5 special signals doesn't exactly encompass the word amazing.   So while it doesn't exactly measure up to a snowflake event, it isn't a kick in the butt or a slap in the face and it does benefit players so.....yeah.

Campaign looks to be somewhat entertaining with its lower tiers though so there's that.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
604 posts
15,342 battles

So why is the patch so large at 8GB? Isn't a normal patch 2-3GB? And the patch notes don't normally come out on Monday. These patch notes are not even complete as they are now. 

[OO7]
Supertester
131 posts
17,499 battles
12 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

So why is the patch so large at 8GB? Isn't a normal patch 2-3GB? And the patch notes don't normally come out on Monday. These patch notes are not even complete as they are now. 

This isn't the patch notes.  Only the anniversary event details.  Patch notes normally come out on Tuesday.  

[KWF]
Members
6,359 posts
7,145 battles
14 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

My guess Dockyard takes alot of size.

Alpha Tester
604 posts
15,342 battles
4 minutes ago, MegaZao said:

This isn't the patch notes.  Only the anniversary event details.  Patch notes normally come out on Tuesday.  

That explains it. It's early. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

So apparently that time I got an Anniversary camo supercontainer wasn't the Anniversary? Interesting...

I believe this will be the 4th or 5th anniversary so that camo would likely be for a prior anniversary. 

[ARC]
Members
1,077 posts
11,580 battles
22 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

I believe this will be the 4th or 5th anniversary so that camo would likely be for a prior anniversary. 

The Anniversary camo went out for the 3rd anniversary (2 years ago). They have not made another one since then, and I don't feel the need they do so. I always use camos, so that reward truly is welcomed (I get almost 200 camos just for playing my ships).

50 minutes ago, saintsfan1622000 said:

Probably the combination of Dockyard, Campaign, Assymetric Battles and Collection, not including the models of more Test Ships and the tier IX permacamo.

Edited by hanesco

Alpha Tester
604 posts
15,342 battles
3 minutes ago, hanesco said:

The Anniversary camo went out for the 3rd anniversary (2 years ago). They have not made another one since then, and I don't feel the need they do so. I always use camos, so that reward truly is welcomed (I get almost 200 camos just for playing my ships).

Probably the combination of Dockyard, Campaign, Assymetric Battles and Collection, not including the models of more Test Ships and the tier IX permacamo.

Right. I forgot about the dockyard.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,185 posts
8,161 battles

Wow I do not care about anything in this set. Nice job making each Anniversary less interesting each year. 

• Cool 6
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[DOG]
Members
1,296 posts
13,464 battles

Curious about super containers.  I've got 16 tier X ships, plus the ability to get at least 3 more before the end of the month.  So that's 19 super containers.  I'm wondering if all super containers are created equally, with exactly the same chance to be blessed by RNGesus to contain any possible reward.  Or do super containers earned from this event have a higher or lower chance (or maybe no chance at all) of containing ships, coal, or steel?  I recently got around to completing the Yamamoto compaign, and I'm working on the Halsey campaign.  Each of those has something like 8-10 super containers, but so far not a single ship.  Does anyone who's completed those campaigns remember getting a ship from any of those containers?  It's not a large enough number for one individual to rule out luck-of-the-draw.  But if no one can remember getting any, then they are probably a different variety of container.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not really complaining, and I'll be sure to play all my tier X ships this month regardless.  But before I put in the time and effort to grind the XP and credits to get those other 3 tier X ships before the deadline, I want to know if it's worth it, or if I'm just going the get a bunch of free XP, temporary camos, and flags.  Not that any of those things are bad, but I'm not going to put in as much effort for them if the end of the month starts approaching and I haven't played enough to maximize the number of containers I get.

• Cool 3

[BUOY]
Members
1,326 posts
16,828 battles
1 hour ago, Altwar said:

Yeah, it's not exactly an extravaganza is it?  Gift containers with a set of 5 special signals doesn't exactly encompass the word amazing.   So while it doesn't exactly measure up to a snowflake event, it isn't a kick in the butt or a slap in the face and it does benefit players so.....yeah.

Campaign looks to be somewhat entertaining with its lower tiers though so there's that.

The anniversary flakes are the same as last year's event aside from two changes.

1. Instead of T2-4 premiums and T5 awarding 1x camo, T2-4 award no camos but T5 awards 2x camos. The net result is probably positive for most players.

2. No automatic or potential for double rewards for RB reset lines. This is disappointing I'll agree.

Other differences from last year that we know about.

1. No T6 container, instead we get a new permanent campaign and collection, each of which reward a linkable T9 permaflage. Personally I like this award more than last year's both in the sense that it's new permanent content and 2xT9 permas are worth 8k dubs and can be used on any T9 for grinding / RB purposes or you love the ship but hate the TT T9 economy, but of course YMMV.

2. Instead of Anniversary directives we're getting the Anchorage dockyard. YMMV.

[WOLF4]
Members
290 posts
10,248 battles
9 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Curious about super containers.  I've got 16 tier X ships, plus the ability to get at least 3 more before the end of the month.  So that's 19 super containers.  I'm wondering if all super containers are created equally, with exactly the same chance to be blessed by RNGesus to contain any possible reward.  Or do super containers earned from this event have a higher or lower chance (or maybe no chance at all) of containing ships, coal, or steel?  I recently got around to completing the Yamamoto compaign, and I'm working on the Halsey campaign.  Each of those has something like 8-10 super containers, but so far not a single ship.  Does anyone who's completed those campaigns remember getting a ship from any of those containers?  It's not a large enough number for one individual to rule out luck-of-the-draw.  But if no one can remember getting any, then they are probably a different variety of container.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not really complaining, and I'll be sure to play all my tier X ships this month regardless.  But before I put in the time and effort to grind the XP and credits to get those other 3 tier X ships before the deadline, I want to know if it's worth it, or if I'm just going the get a bunch of free XP, temporary camos, and flags.  Not that any of those things are bad, but I'm not going to put in as much effort for them if the end of the month starts approaching and I haven't played enough to maximize the number of containers I get.

The game isn’t supposed to be a job. Every user needs to figure out if much they would like to participate to their own accord.....a super container is a super container. I would hope WG would otherwise discern any discrepancies with “campaign” super containers and “anniversary” super containers.

Even if they are different, we don’t have official drop rates for any container either, other than community created stats, which can only be relied on from X users sharing details and not the official spreadsheet of total users and official % drop chance.  

I’m looking forward to the event and it gives me a break from the Tallinn grind for awhile :)

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles
14 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Good chance that 95% of the SC for this event will contain flags so don't hold your breath lol.  

I'm excited for the Asymmetric Battles mode. The rest is just bonus.  

• Cool 1

Members
131 posts
12,448 battles

Wait a second Ultimate Frontier is still here and you HAVEN'T put in the Operation? 

Oh yeah sure that's fine, don't put in an Operation that people enjoy, but work on that GameMode that'll only be here a month.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1