You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
poeticmotion

When a team is so hilariously bad people delete their account mid-game

20 comments in this topic

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles

I don't generally complain about my teams much, but it's been that kind of weekend. And this was the most hilariously bad team I've seen in close to 20k battles. Like, I can't even be mad,  it was that hilarious. 

I can show everything about this game in one single picture. (Note: The Kotovsky in lower right turned and ran to the strait in back of our side right after I took this, the Konig and I were the only two ships not hiding back there after that.) 

uOklY2k.png

Literally the ENTIRE team is trying to huddle in the strait in back of map, except for two of us. (the Trento started to leave and then backed up back into the cuddle puddle.) The Konig and I were literally the only two ships that would leave that back strait until the last couple minutes of the game. I've never seen anything like it. And we still almost won; we somehow had them down to 6 ships with having only lost two, mostly because I was in my Vasteras and killed a BB and two DDs early , plus racked up lots of spotting damage since Konig and I were the only ones not hiding. It was the most absolutely amazingly terrible game of all time. 

In fact, it was so bad the Konig apparently deleted his accont before the game even ended, hence him showing up on the results with 0 XP and 'deleted account' as his player name. Yes, this team was so bad it drove someone to delete their account. Ragequitting in the middle of a game sucks; play out the game and try to carry. But I can't even be mad when someone straight up ragedeletes their entire account. 

4B1OOni.png?1

So fear not, comrades: I played with the worst team in NA server history just so you didn't have to. <3

• Cool 2
  • Funny 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,954 battles
17 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

I don't generally complain about my teams much, but it's been that kind of weekend. And this was the most hilariously bad team I've seen in close to 20k battles. Like, I can't even be mad,  it was that hilarious. 

I can show everything about this game in one single picture. (Note: The Kotovsky in lower right turned and ran to the strait in back of our side right after I took this, the Konig and I were the only two ships not hiding back there after that.) 

uOklY2k.png

Literally the ENTIRE team is trying to huddle in the strait in back of map, except for two of us. (the Trento started to leave and then backed up back into the cuddle puddle.) The Konig and I were literally the only two ships that would leave that back strait until the last couple minutes of the game. I've never seen anything like it. And we still almost won; we somehow had them down to 6 ships with having only lost two, mostly because I was in my Vasteras and killed a BB and two DDs early , plus racked up lots of spotting damage since Konig and I were the only ones not hiding. It was the most absolutely amazingly terrible game of all time. 

In fact, it was so bad the Konig apparently deleted his accont before the game even ended, hence him showing up on the results with 0 XP and 'deleted account' as his player name. Yes, this team was so bad it drove someone to delete their account. Ragequitting in the middle of a game sucks; play out the game and try to carry. But I can't even be mad when someone straight up ragedeletes their entire account. 

4B1OOni.png?1

So fear not, comrades: I played with the worst team in NA server history just so you didn't have to. <3

He could have also been banned mid game as well.

• Meh 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

He could have also been banned mid game as well.

That's possible. I was really confused when I saw he had zero points until I noticed his name was 'deleted account'; I just assumed he rage quit. He didn't do much before he died but at least he was out there trying. 

[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles

May I recommend a possibility, the said player may not have loaded into the game at all ?

That is usually when an automatic zeros are given

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles
25 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

May I recommend a possibility, the said player may not have loaded into the game at all ?

That is usually when an automatic zeros are given

He was moving forward, so he definitely loaded in. 

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

I understand how people get 0 XP.

Have you seen 6XP before?  On a win....

image.thumb.png.afe721ca257790bde3da62bf34b64172.png

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
1 hour ago, poeticmotion said:

uOklY2k.png

4B1OOni.png?1

That’s awesome! Did he make an elaborate farewell speech in the tradition of Napoleon on the staircase at Fontainebleau (or our friends here in forum)?

• Boring 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,282 posts
15,974 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ah, the famed lemming train stall out.

I love being at the spear head of a lemmingtrain turned steam roll LOL 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
30,997 posts
26,056 battles

You ever got teammates so bad that 2 of them die to an AFK ship?  Especially after you specifically warn them about their low HP and AFK secondaries of the enemy BB?  This is very old, from 2017.  But it's funny still in 2020, IMO.

That was an AFK New Mexico, so it's not like you're dealing with long range secondaries from an AFK Massachusetts or something.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
3 hours ago, madgiecool said:

I understand how people get 0 XP.

image.thumb.png.afe721ca257790bde3da62bf34b64172.png

that picture sums up my opinion about roma.

• Haha 1

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,972 battles
6 hours ago, poeticmotion said:

uOklY2k.png

4B1OOni.png?1

I don't know anything about the guy with 0 points and the deleted account, but I DO know about the group that you call  hilariously bad I call that a corral, it makes me mad that anything above tier one cant figure out that to play the game you have to do something besides sit , case in point, last night coop I was in the Clemson I never got rid of, the entire team went B I went A alone ( as usual) the entire bot team went A, I got 5 kills in a destroyer I sand two battleships, one cruiser and two destroyers, then I got cussed out for stealing kills, LOL nobody else even fired until the bots came toward them, they all died after they died is when I got the last battleship :)

[ARGSY]
Members
24,500 posts
18,502 battles
5 hours ago, madgiecool said:

I've seen a couple close to that. I'm still not sure how it happens, although I see that this was a CV game so maybe his AA damaged some planes as they flew by and he got credit for that.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,341 posts
14,924 battles
11 hours ago, Salvo_Creative said:

I love being at the spear head of a lemmingtrain turned steam roll LOL 

When they don't stall they are awesome but they stall out far more often than they don't.

[HINON]
Members
9,008 posts
13,171 battles

jokes on them though, now theyll have to grind back to that ship if they ever decide to come back because of deleting their account

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

The essence of the lemming train is fear.

"I don't know what I'm doing so I'm going to go with the biggest group!" Followed by "Hey, now I'm here by myself. No bueno. Going with them instead!" Ad nauseam.

But fear rarely makes strong. The funniest thing to me is when the mighty lemming train of 9 or so ships is stopped dead in its tracks by a set of blind fired torps. They're all bunched behind a couple of islands shooting intermittently at targets they can't see since everyone is afraid.

The only logical thing for a stronger player to do is get out in front of the train and make it strong. But that's not always possible. I usually find out about the lemming train by realizing I'm the only green within 10km of me. (Yes, that's bad of me.)

The players make this game what it is.