Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaddogGT

FPS/Framerate Issue GTX 1070 8GB Video Card

6 comments in this topic

[EXP]
Members
108 posts
10,177 battles

Seems to be a bad FPS rate fluctuation since last patch effecting Nvidia GTX1070 cards.  I had no issues with fps running 120-200 plus FPS, now its jumping betwoeen 100 - 20 FPS and unplayable. Tried it all. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled Windows, reinstalled the Nvidia driver, even over clocked the video card to compensate. Nothing. Benching the card and other games are all fine. Running very fast on ultra settings fine. World of Warships, something is up since last patch. VERY BAD graphics issue.

On my main system, running a GTX 2070, issue is not as bad, though it does drop below 120FPS at times, but jumping is not as bad as the 1070 system.  Its nott he systems as they are 8 core (8 thread) and 12 core (24 thread) with 16GB and 32GB ram respectively. Both Windows 10. The GTX 2070 system is running on a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, so to have FPS issues should NOT be happening as it runs some high intense games over 300FPS plus on max settings. World of warships lately can bring it down. And the GTX1070 system, brings it to a crawl. Question is why? Was not an issue before. Benching the system, and video card and system is off the charts fantastic for any game out there.

Hopefully a fix will be in the next update. IT IS NOT YOUR SYSTEM. ITS THE GAME.

[WORX]
Members
13,307 posts
20,159 battles
6 minutes ago, MaddogGT said:

Seems to be a bad FPS rate fluctuation since last patch effecting Nvidia GTX1070 cards.  I had no issues with fps running 120-200 plus FPS, now its jumping betwoeen 100 - 20 FPS and unplayable. Tried it all. Reinstalled the game, reinstalled Windows, reinstalled the Nvidia driver, even over clocked the video card to compensate. Nothing. Benching the card and other games are all fine. Running very fast on ultra settings fine. World of Warships, something is up since last patch. VERY BAD graphics issue.

On my main system, running a GTX 2070, issue is not as bad, though it does drop below 120FPS at times, but jumping is not as bad as the 1070 system.  Its nott he systems as they are 8 core (8 thread) and 12 core (24 thread) with 16GB and 32GB ram respectively. Both Windows 10. The GTX 2070 system is running on a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, so to have FPS issues should NOT be happening as it runs some high intense games over 300FPS plus on max settings. World of warships lately can bring it down. And the GTX1070 system, brings it to a crawl. Question is why? Was not an issue before. Benching the system, and video card and system is off the charts fantastic for any game out there.

Hopefully a fix will be in the next update. IT IS NOT YOUR SYSTEM. ITS THE GAME.

Yikes,This one is complicated.,... Since you did more advance tinkering (must of it is not recommended unless you know what you're doing). I recommend to retrace your steps...

Sometimes its just as simple as a

• Tweak to the graphics settings in the game
  • Tweak to the graphics option in the Nvidia settings of your card...
  • Just changing the file in your WOWS root directory to the specified FPS settings (I forgot the file but someone will know).

Now, I can only recommend to reset everything graphics and CPU (if you tweaked your CPU settings as well) related... Back to its OEM configuration.

WOWS graphics settings wise are very picky and technical compared to other less GPU heavy game titles. As you do your reset, I recommend to install your drivers manually with the clean install option box checked...

Also, its summer in some areas... Heat will zap performance from your system as well...

GL

Members
38 posts
14,024 battles

This problem has already been documented by a bunch of us in different threads here since the last update.

A common theme seems to be NVIDIA cards...I am experiencing the same exact issues as you and have since 9.7 dropped.

Nothing I've tried has helped to date.

This includes dropping all settings to low...and everywhere in between.

I can only conclude that NOT ENOUGH of us are having this problem, or it would have been addressed already by WG, as they have done in the past when FPS problems have arisen.

I have my fingers crossed for the new update this week...maybe that will fix it?

Edited by PaceAdvantage_HB

[EXP]
Members
108 posts
10,177 battles
3 hours ago, PaceAdvantage_HB said:

This problem has already been documented by a bunch of us in different threads here since the last update.

A common theme seems to be NVIDIA cards...I am experiencing the same exact issues as you and have since 9.7 dropped.

Nothing I've tried has helped to date.

This includes dropping all settings to low...and everywhere in between.

I can only conclude that NOT ENOUGH of us are having this problem, or it would have been addressed already by WG, as they have done in the past when FPS problems have arisen.

I have my fingers crossed for the new update this week...maybe that will fix it?

hope so! Only happened since last update I noticed. Before that, card was hardly taxed. Now its like its struggling and something else I noticed. Both cards are 8GB, and the game used to use over 2GB ram, as it was 64 bit. Now it seems its always just using 2GB ram or below. Its like the game, even though running 64 bit client, is using 32 bit limit to addressing of video memory. Maybe thats the issue....or one of them. I dug out my very old GTX 660 system and hooked it up. Guess what? Perfect, albeit it can barley keep 65FPS due to its age and 2GB Vram, BUT it doesnt fall back at all. The GTX 1070 starts off high but can drop down to 20FPS and back up. 

[EXP]
Members
108 posts
10,177 battles
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Yikes,This one is complicated.,... Since you did more advance tinkering (must of it is not recommended unless you know what you're doing). I recommend to retrace your steps...

Sometimes its just as simple as a

• Tweak to the graphics settings in the game
  • Tweak to the graphics option in the Nvidia settings of your card...
  • Just changing the file in your WOWS root directory to the specified FPS settings (I forgot the file but someone will know).

Now, I can only recommend to reset everything graphics and CPU (if you tweaked your CPU settings as well) related... Back to its OEM configuration.

WOWS graphics settings wise are very picky and technical compared to other less GPU heavy game titles. As you do your reset, I recommend to install your drivers manually with the clean install option box checked...

Also, its summer in some areas... Heat will zap performance from your system as well...

GL

Liquid cooled. Lol.

Members
38 posts
14,024 battles

FOR ME, it was A MOD

it seems that any of the SIDE PANEL MODS, be it badobest or Autospy, wreak havoc on my frame rate.

Removing the side panel mod cured all of my FPS problems, including when you hold down the CTRL key....

May not work for all of you, but that's what was causing my problem.

BTW, it doesn't matter which modpak I use...both Aslain and WG Modstation cause the same problem when it comes to the side panel mods....

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this