You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arclyte

Best DD to carry in?

10 comments in this topic

[Q50]
Beta Testers
147 posts
2,649 battles

I already have Grozovoi, Shimakaze and Halland.

I think the Halland's torps and guns are really weak, so I don't like playing it.

Shima's torps are great but games can be hit or miss. Also very weak v.s. other DDs, which is a big part of carrying from what I've seen.

Groz seems to be pretty good. Good balance between guns/torps. I like the russian railguns.

I heard Yueyang sucks after its nerf. I was debating between Daring, Gearing or Kleber.

[X-PN]
Members
1,776 posts
12,869 battles

The one that you are best at.

Looks like you are referring to T10 so if you made me pick one, I'd say Daring since it is a good all around boat.... can gun boat but also has decent torps.... if you include T9 then Kitakaze.

I like Groz a lot, but it can a be a little weak at cap contesting.... you generally don't want to CQC with other DDs in the Groz, that's not it's strength.

Edited by YouSatInGum

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles

I think daring and kitakaze (tier 9 if I recall but beast) are pretty solid carry options but, honestly it's more the captain than the ship imo. Just play your best, zone in and you should be able to do a lot in any.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,698 posts
23,796 battles
2 hours ago, Arclyte said:

I already have Grozovoi, Shimakaze and Halland.

I think the Halland's torps and guns are really weak, so I don't like playing it.

Shima's torps are great but games can be hit or miss. Also very weak v.s. other DDs, which is a big part of carrying from what I've seen.

Groz seems to be pretty good. Good balance between guns/torps. I like the russian railguns.

I heard Yueyang sucks after its nerf. I was debating between Daring, Gearing or Kleber.

HALLAND weak?????

A destroyer that can make cl players cry about their weak AA...

Has a built in no fly zone.

Can repeatedly stealth torp until a battleship sinks in frustration....

The HALLAND is the strongest Anti CV/BB ship in the game.

Those fast torps can catch many destroyers too.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,842 battles
3 hours ago, Arclyte said:

I like the russian railguns.

I would think the French DDs most closely resemble the Russian DDs, and you do very well in Russian DDs.

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

Benham is just nasty! Torp spitting areal denial DD with many outs 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,440 posts
14,180 battles

No DD can surely carry a match. It's all situational.

If you are the only DD left, facing cruisers with radar, or CV, or any ship with RDF, you will be lucky to survive, let lone to carry.

But among the 3 you have, Shimakaze has the alpha strike to dev strike any ship. In an end match situation facing superior number, I'll pick her over the other. 

Edited by chewonit