You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Interesting proposal

16 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

Sell Enterprise, portion of the proceeds go to support the Lexington Museum. 

I mean...WG gave out a bunch with those loot boxes...so offer it out right for those they made salty.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 4

[WOLF1]
Members
754 posts
6,255 battles

I bought Texas using my own money because the money was going to a good cause.

I would definitely buy Enterprise if the arrangement was similar. I think it's a brilliant idea.

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,088 posts
4,341 battles
10 minutes ago, HyperFish said:

I bought Texas using my own money because the money was going to a good cause.

So do you usually buy ships with other peoples' money?:Smile_amazed: Because if so I want to know how:Smile_teethhappy:

I do think selling historical ships to support their museum or related cause is a great idea (I was happy to buy Texas and several perma camoes for her). But I also think if WG thinks a ship is to broken to sell they shouldn't sell it. Yeah, I'm sure lootboxes make them a boatload of money, mostly because of the chance of getting OP ships (WG have effectively multiplied the purchase price for Missouri several times now). And I guess I'm OK with it on occasion. But I'm a person who likes to know what they're paying for. Personally I think they should fix the Enterprise (yes they may have to nerf it, oh well for the people who bought it, including me). Then sell it, it's WAY too historical of a ship to keep limited access. I don't blame WG for the lootboxes, they're just meeting demand. If people are dumb enough to shell out massively for what's essentially gambling, then can't really fault WG for profiting off it. But keeping such a historical ship as Enterprise locked behind such a mechanic is a bit much. I think part of it is the dumpster fire that is CVs in general right now, but IMO if WG is going to sell a ship, they should just sell it straight up.

[KWF]
Members
6,361 posts
7,145 battles

Or just make a Lexington camouflage and flag with most of the proceeds going to the ship itself.

Lesta's modelling department is pretty good, they could come up with something beautiful honoring the ship and it's history.

No reason to sell broken stuff to indulge power fantasies. There were air supply containers for that.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Thanks 1

[_BDA_]
Members
558 posts
8,887 battles
35 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

So do you usually buy ships with other peoples' money?:Smile_amazed: Because if so I want to know how:Smile_teethhappy:

You wait on a dark street corner in your trench coat, flash an unsuspecting victim and they pay you to go away.

[FORM]
Members
331 posts
2,362 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

If WG really wanted to impress me with the way they support causes, they wouldn't just sell some POS premium for it. They'd make a flat blanket offer like "this week only, 25% of all sales will go to ______ cause."

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,878 posts
22,424 battles
4 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

Sell Enterprise

If WG really wanted to impress me with the way they support causes, they wouldn't just sell some POS premium for it.

1. Enterprise is not a random made-up kitbash, it's a real ship, and one of the most famous at that.

2. It's not a POS in game either, it's a huge overperformer that led to its removal from the store.

7 minutes ago, Arctander2 said:

They'd make a flat blanket offer like "this week only, 25% of all sales will go to ______ cause.

3. Because it's removed from the store, a flat percent of all sales wouldn't include it anyway.

So while it would also be a meaningful gesture to dedicate a flat amount, you're both missing the point on why Enterprise would be especially effective and creating a false dichotomy saying they can't do both.

• Thanks 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,843 posts
31,482 battles
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Or just make a Lexington camouflage and flag with most of the proceeds going to the ship itself.

Lesta's modelling department is pretty good, they could come up with something beautiful honoring the ship and it's history.

No reason to sell broken stuff to indulge power fantasies. There were air supply containers for that.

Better yet, make the Essex-class Lexington a T9 Premium ship in 1944 garb and put her up in the Premium shop as a standalone and a bundle. Then replace the current Lexington in the tech tree by renaming her Saratoga (which is what the model is-just need a new paint job), supporting another great ship. Haven't spent much money on the game lately but I would spring for this in no time.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
674 posts
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I mean...WG gave out a bunch with those loot boxes...so offer it out right for those they made salty.

Don't worry, I'll buy you some Christmas crates to help you get those pesky T5s and T6s out of the way.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles

I would rather WG made a camo for the lex and sold that.  If WG wants to sell 'other' ships (or shop bundles) to support the lex, why limit it to just 1 prem (Enterprise)?

[WOLF1]
Members
754 posts
6,255 battles
10 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

So do you usually buy ships with other peoples' money?:Smile_amazed: Because if so I want to know how

All of my premiums apart from Texas were mission rewards, supercontainer rewards or competition prizes.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

Honestly the point was to make money for the ship itself. Yes Enterprise is probably broken, yes it's highly sought after...

Truth be told, it'd sell enough that WGing wouldn't even miss the proceeds to the museum.

I'd also be down for a Tier 8 Essex version of Lexington.

• Boring 1

[NES]
Members
234 posts
5,472 battles

I'd rather have a tier IX blue Ghost or a special camouflage for the "Lexington" (1944 Saratoga). We're still missing Wasp, Hornet, Yorktown, etc. So many famous US carriers that there should never be a need for fictitious ones. 

• Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles
23 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

It would only cause intense salt from the people who spent mucho $$$$ to get Enty from Santa crates last Christmas, not to mention the anti-CV crowd.

A special camo for the Lexington herself would be far more appropriate, especially if it had "National Camo"-level bonuses akin to those for Warspite, Shinonome and Graf Spee, or enhanced bonuses for Credits, Commander/Free XP.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,717 posts
11,219 battles
15 hours ago, jondoom said:

I'd rather have a tier IX blue Ghost or a special camouflage for the "Lexington" (1944 Saratoga). We're still missing Wasp, Hornet, Yorktown, etc. So many famous US carriers that there should never be a need for fictitidous ones. 

What fictitious carriers are you referring to?

Also, if we ever get an Essex class back in game, she will be tier VIII or X. Odd tier carriers are not likely to return, unfortunately.

Edited by Nevermore135