Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Gift vid for the CV haters

69 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,673
[CNO]
Members
6,594 posts
19,831 battles

Personally, I like CVs. I play 'em and I play against them.  When I play against them, I NEVER begin a game planning on hunting them down.  But as a game unfolds in its normal course of engagements, I go through a progression of strategic and tactical decisions.  Sometimes, the CV position, my position, and the enemy deployment scream....go get the CV!  And so I do.  Not just one...but in this case...two.  Enjoy.

 

 

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
398
[SPTR]
Members
4,021 posts
1,021 battles
3 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

There is no such thing as a "CV hater"

We are just normal logical people who see that CVs negatively affect the game, especially in regards to competitive.

I mean, shooting over islands with no chance of retaliatory fire also negatively affects the game, but people who hate on CVs don't ever seem to care about that... I mean, I remember when DDs could fire on other ships without being spotted and CVs still got the focus for supposedly ruining the game balance...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,397
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,109 battles

Wait. Can the opening post be from the real Soshi Stone? Because there's no mention of California.

Edited by Taichunger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
45 minutes ago, 6Xero9 said:

I mean, shooting over islands with no chance of retaliatory fire also negatively affects the game, but people who hate on CVs don't ever seem to care about that... I mean, I remember when DDs could fire on other ships without being spotted and CVs still got the focus for supposedly ruining the game balance...

The difference between a HE spammer hiding behind a rock or smoke is that he wont be able to spot you either. 

Spotting works both ways.

If you are still spotted then it means he had an ally to spot which means you walked into a 1v2.

That isnt true for CVs, as CVs can spot for themselves can deal damage not only from complete safety, but also without any assistance.

  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles
5 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

There is no such thing as a "CV hater"

We are just normal logical people who see that CVs negatively affect the game, especially in regards to competitive.

If you like CVs, good for you.

There is nothing wrong with players who like CVs for their historical value, their weeb avatars, or any reason they might have for simply enjoying the game.

 

The only thing we hate are the CV apologists who are devoid of logic and basic common sense

So when players open the chat with "report both CV because they suck" or "CV go [edited] yourself," you suggest it may actually be a form of love? 

In your unicum level circles, I'm sure people take a constructive approach to the conversation. Down here, it's not quite, "harmonious." 

The only thing I hate are the CV haters who are devoid of logic and basic common sense. 

Edited by Merc_R_Us
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
33 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

So when players open the chat with "report both CV because they suck" or "CV go [edited] yourself," you suggest it may actually be a form of love? 

In your unicum level circles, I'm sure people take a constructive approach to the conversation. Down here, it's not quite, "harmonious." 

The only thing I hate are the CV haters who are devoid of logic and basic common sense. 

 

So can you stop labeling us as "haters"? There are other things we hate, such as terrorism and murder.

Do you go around an call normal people "terrorism haters"?

If CV apologists continue to act like trolls and shows no sign of being a decent human being, then of course they will be hated upon.

If you want to play a CV, there is nothing wrong with that, its part of the game.

There is a difference between CV players and CV apologists.

Think about it, if unicums hate CV players, then what happens to the unicum CV player? Do they get kicked from top clans? Do they hate themselves? Of course not, because they understand that CVs are terrible for the game.

As for the player who wanted "people to report CVs on sight", he was already removed from the CC program.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,169 battles
5 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

There is no such thing as a "CV hater"

We are just normal logical people who see that CVs negatively affect the game, especially in regards to competitive.

If you like CVs, good for you.

There is nothing wrong with players who like CVs for their historical value, their weeb avatars, or any reason they might have for simply enjoying the game.

 

The only thing we hate are the CV apologists who are devoid of logic and basic common sense

Classic poisoning the well.

This post has almost NOTHING to do with the OP thread and is merely a thinly veiled excuse to rant against people playing a ship the 'wrong' way.

If you didnt want to be labeled a 'CV hater', you shouldnt have supported the group taking toxic chat actions against captains merely for playing CV.

Claiming no CV hate while actively hating CVs just makes you look like a [edited].

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
980
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles
15 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

 

So can you stop labeling us as "haters"? There are other things we hate, such as terrorism and murder.

Do you go around an call normal people "terrorism haters"?

If CV apologists continue to act like trolls and shows no sign of being a decent human being, then of course they will be hated upon.

If you want to play a CV, there is nothing wrong with that, its part of the game.

There is a difference between CV players and CV apologists.

Think about it, if unicums hate CV players, then what happens to the unicum CV player? Do they get kicked from top clans? Do they hate themselves? Of course not, because they understand that CVs are terrible for the game.

As for the player who wanted "people to report CVs on sight", he was already removed from the CC program.

Alright so let's get this straight. 

YOU are not being labeled a hater. The OP made a post "for CV haters' and you replied "there is no such thing as CV haters," "we are just normal logical people.."

The OP did not call you out directly, and you don't hate CVs, so it clearly wasn't directed at you. 

I got bamboozled that you actually sat there and denied that CV haters exist. That is absurd and you know it lol.  

Does that make sense?

There are CV haters , there are people who dislike CVs and will recommend fixes, there are people who like CVs and will recommend fixes, and there are CV apologists. 

 

Edited by Merc_R_Us
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Classic poisoning the well.

This post has almost NOTHING to do with the OP thread and is merely a thinly veiled excuse to rant against people playing a ship the 'wrong' way.

If you didnt want to be labeled a 'CV hater', you shouldnt have supported the group taking toxic chat actions against captains merely for playing CV.

Claiming no CV hate while actively hating CVs just makes you look like a [edited].

I'm sorry do you not find the fact that you called me toxic while being very toxic in your own post extremely ironic?

Group that are taking toxic chat actions? We have a name for those people, they are called CV apologists.

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,377 posts

Break out the popcorn this should be a good one LOL. ( if the mods don't kill it to quick that is)

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,169 battles
15 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I'm sorry do you not find the fact that you called me toxic while being very toxic in your own post extremely ironic?

Group that are taking toxic chat actions? We have a name for those people, they are called CV apologists.

When you outright deny that CV haters exist...while being closely associated with those who have been sanctioned by WG for excessive toxicity against CVs...

...there are consequences for such blatant hypocrisy.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,583
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,922 posts
10,311 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The difference between a HE spammer hiding behind a rock or smoke is that he wont be able to spot you either.

Plus the rock is stationary, so you can actually run away from the spammer / hide behind terrain.  Not so with CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

When you outright deny that CV haters exist...while being closely associated with those who have been sanctioned by WG for excessive toxicity against CVs...

...there are consequences for such blatant hypocrisy.

By that definition terrorism haters exist as well. As I hate terrorism.

But do you call people that? No, because thats the norm, its logical to hate on things that cause harm to others.

Yet people come up with the term "CV haters", which is nothing but a social construct describing players who hate CVs (not the player, the class) in the game.

How is that any different? At the end of the day, we all love world of warships the same as we love the gift of life. And its common sense to hate on things that cause harm to the things we love, be it acts of terror or carriers.

 

Please comprehend the topic before replying again. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,586 posts
4,655 battles

It is always a good feeling sinking CVs, especially if they have been pestering you all game. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
395
[WOLF1]
Members
754 posts
6,289 battles

When a DD that I can't see fires torpedoes at me I should be able to shoot at them and make the detonate before they hit me.

Same with battleship shells.

It's not fair that my Cruiser can be hit by something I can't fight back against.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,117
[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
3,169 battles
18 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

By that definition terrorism haters exist as well. As I hate terrorism.

But do you call people that? No, because thats the norm, its logical to hate on things that cause harm to others.

Yet people come up with the term "CV haters", which is nothing but a social construct describing players who hate CVs (not the player, the class) in the game.

How is that any different? At the end of the day, we all love world of warships the same as we love the gift of life. And its common sense to hate on things that cause harm to the things we love, be it acts of terror or carriers.

 

Please comprehend the topic before replying again. 

:cap_cool:

The topic at hand is how it feels good to sink the CV. Do you agree?

As for the rest of this post...you seem to be agreeing with me AND the OP that CV haters exist.

Care to take the honorable path and apologize for derailing the thread with such silly propaganda?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,736
[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,178 battles
2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

:cap_cool:

The topic at hand is how it feels good to sink the CV. Do you agree?

As for the rest of this post...you seem to be agreeing with me AND the OP that CV haters exist.

Care to take the honorable path and apologize for derailing the thread with such silly propaganda?

>Please comprehend the topic before replying again

Did you miss that part?

You are going around in circles here. 

As I repeat again, there is no such thing as a CV hater, that term is nothing but a social construct.

What does exist however, is players who love the game and does not want to see it ruined, you know, the normal and logical people.

I apologize for not making it clear to you after explaining it multiple times, hopefully you will understand it now.

Now its your turn, be honorable and apologize about your misunderstanding.

It happens, lets be done with it and move on.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
230
[D-H-O]
Beta Testers, Volunteer Moderator
330 posts
7,049 battles

DONE DONE DONE.

Why can't we leave the OP's thread alone without the trolling BOTH WAYS (pro/anti CV).   This thread has become toxic and non-constructive and off topic (not all posts... but the vast majority!).  The original discussion from the OP was getting lucky on team makeup/positioning and CV location to get a chance to sneak in on the CV.   It was not on whether we need to be pro/anti CV and how best to flesh out attacks on each other that hold that respective stance.   I am pretty sure you can find PLENTY of other threads to take that to (understanding that as you do, violations of the forum rules will be dealt with there also).

IN RESPECT for the OP I am not locking this thread and asking the community to get back on track.  I also am not handing out warnings/suspensions as it's morning for me and I don't want to start my day that way. 

This is the one chance I'm giving you, the community, to get back on topic and be respectful of the OP's thread.  If that cannot happen, the thread will be locked and sanctions/suspensions will start.   

THANKS! 
DEWEY- VOLUNTEER FORUM MODERATOR 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[DOG]
Members
1,301 posts
13,507 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Personally, I like CVs. I play 'em and I play against them.  When I play against them, I NEVER begin a game planning on hunting them down.  But as a game unfolds in its normal course of engagements, I go through a progression of strategic and tactical decisions.  Sometimes, the CV position, my position, and the enemy deployment scream....go get the CV!  And so I do.  Not just one...but in this case...two.  Enjoy.

 

 

Nice match.  Good job controlling the middle.  And that Duca d'Aosta looks like fun.  Maneuvers like a DD, and the AA seems decent.  I think I saw you get 3 citadels with one salvo against that second CV with what looked like HE shells.  I know Duca doesn't have SAP, so that was either HE, or some sort of special visual effect for the AP.  I might have to get one of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[DOG]
Members
1,301 posts
13,507 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Personally, I like CVs. I play 'em and I play against them.  When I play against them, I NEVER begin a game planning on hunting them down.  But as a game unfolds in its normal course of engagements, I go through a progression of strategic and tactical decisions.  Sometimes, the CV position, my position, and the enemy deployment scream....go get the CV!  And so I do.  Not just one...but in this case...two.  Enjoy.

 

 

Nice match.  Good job controlling the middle.  And that Duca d'Aosta looks like fun.  Maneuvers like a DD, and the AA seems decent.  I think I saw you get 3 citadels with one salvo against that second CV with what looked like HE shells.  I know Duca doesn't have SAP, so that was either HE, or some sort of special visual effect for the AP.  I might have to get one of those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,677
[WPORT]
Members
9,908 posts
14,401 battles

Well played, @Soshi_Sone

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,677
[WPORT]
Members
9,908 posts
14,401 battles
8 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Nice match.  Good job controlling the middle.  And that Duca d'Aosta looks like fun.  Maneuvers like a DD, and the AA seems decent.  I think I saw you get 3 citadels with one salvo against that second CV with what looked like HE shells.  I know Duca doesn't have SAP, so that was either HE, or some sort of special visual effect for the AP.  I might have to get one of those things.

It was HE.  Hit the right spot(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,397
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,109 battles
9 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

Nice match.  Good job controlling the middle.  And that Duca d'Aosta looks like fun.  Maneuvers like a DD, and the AA seems decent.  I think I saw you get 3 citadels with one salvo against that second CV with what looked like HE shells.  I know Duca doesn't have SAP, so that was either HE, or some sort of special visual effect for the AP.  I might have to get one of those things.

The second CV is a Ranger. It is easy to citadel with HE, even DD HE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
389 posts
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

 Sometimes, the CV position...

Yes, *especially* on that particular map.

Whether east or west, the strait is the absolute *worst* spot for a CV. And yet, very often they tend to go there and park, which is an incredibly poor decision. A carrier parked in the strait is just begging to be sunk.

My own mantra as a mid-tier DD main is "CAPS before carriers, always." Like the OP, I never start a match with the intention of hunting down one or both carriers, but sometimes the opportunity presents itself.

On the Strait, if two caps are green I'll usually work to secure the third before obliging a red CV parked back there, but it depends greatly on positioning.

If the green carrier(s) drop anchor in the strait, that's a bold indicator of inexperience and a sign that the match will be difficult to win. CVs parked in the strait are often picked off no later than mid-way through the match.

On that map, the single best strategy for a carrier is to *keep moving* in *open water* either to the north or south. The only time a carrier should ever go into the strait is for the purpose of passing through it completely, on out the other side, as in a standard match for base defense. In domination matches, carriers need to stay with their original groups unless or until they melt away.

It should be the most obvious and basic thing ever, except it isn't for some reason.

Thanks for posting, OP, and well done!

 

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×