You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Best Special Commanders?

11 comments in this topic

Members
108 posts
16,439 battles

I have plenty of T9 & 10 ships across several nations - Moskva, Nevsky, Petropavlosk, Khabi, Grozovoi, Kremlin, HIndy, Grosser Kurfurst, Jean Bart, Marceau, Minotaur, Thunderer, Jutland. I have some coal to spend too. I opted not to get Pommern (have GKF, had FDG, Biz) and am starting to think instead of getting another ship, why not be better with the ships I have. Special commanders are over-priced, but I have several questions to those who own them:

• Which of the four do you feel is the best? Kuznetzov? Lutjens?
  • How do they work? I"m assuming you can add them to any ship of the same nation without retraining them? But what happens to the captain that is removed, if there is one? Does he go to reserve - then do you have to retrain that captain if you ever put him back on the same ship? I'm trying to understand what are the retraining penalties for captains that are taken off ships, to instal the special commander - and then reverted back to that ship at some point? Make sense?

Thanks very much!

• Cool 1

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Isoroku followed by Halsey are by far the worst unique commanders and Kutnezov is one of the best. I don't know what you are smoking.

• Meh 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,188 posts
28,079 battles

Best commander?

The one in your head?

Every one of the listed commanders is no better than any other generic commander, (outside a few paltry bonuses,) if the user can’t do the things needed to activate their actually meaningful bonuses.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Boring 2

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

Isoroku followed by Halsey are by far the worst unique commanders and Kutnezov is one of the best. I don't know what you are smoking.

I think he means to be using arrows, and doesnt mean to be using greater than signs, so kuzy is the best...?

Edited by monpetitloup

[O7]
Members
1,037 posts
6,161 battles
4 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

I think he means to be using arrows, and doesnt mean to be using greater than signs, so kuzy is the best...?

Why in the world would Kutnezov be the best?

The commander is literally a joke, its the only commander that does not have a direct boost to your ship.

On top of that, to activate its will to victory, you literally have to be near dead, why would any player in their right mind want to be near dead?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The commander is literally a joke, its the only commander that does not have a direct boost to your ship.

On top of that, to activate its will to victory, you literally have to be near dead, why would any player in their right mind want to be near dead?

Because people think: I'm nearly dead after I'm 5 min into the game, I must be good.

I testet him on several ships and agree that the Stalingrad (and maybe the Grozovoi) are the best choice, because of the chance to earn the "First Blood" and get the extra consumables.

If you are that low on health, so that the second skill starts, you have a good chance, that you are dead before it ends.

As for the others:

While you can get a double strike on a USN BB, DM is the easiest to earn it. That's why I had choosen this ship for Halsey.

Sansonetti seems to be made for the Italian crusiers, same as RN DD are the best choice for Cunningham. 

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Everytime i see him its in ranked and he prevents some krmlin from getting sunk by rehealing it. To me that seems more op than getting kraks, confederates etc.

[SCK]
Members
195 posts
24,827 battles

What ship do you use Cunningham on? That's the issue with me, I'm always moving the premium commander around based on that the ranked season is of the month and clan battles.....But not really sure where they're best served since their talents can be used on all the ships, including CVs

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
527 posts
6,880 battles

Kuznetsov is strong on ranked battles, for randoms not so much.