Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Condor_Legion

Pace and legnth

2 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
13,661 battles

Instead of posting in general chat I wanted to clarify specifics for falling out of love with this game. 

There used to be depth to the game that allowed a player to find their way. Allowed them to experience the grind of understanding ship lines by enjoying uniqueness that was offered. 

Many players have expressed concerns for the "over content" the mobile phone game feel the game is becoming. Moving away from what separates this from other Wargaming titles to has become less and less apparent.

The slow stripping away of the giving spirit the game once had that creates that original solidarity from other games. Made players feel appreciated and we loved it. 

Now that you are removing that spirit and not replacing it with anything other than grinds and events constantly its not a wonder of why so many veterans have left.

You also devalued our investment into the game by allowing players who have not invested the time to know the game to get ships and content beyond their scope. This may be true for other games as well but the ease at which this can be done in this game is far easier than it should be.

The constant content line releases has also removed the value of playing lower tiers to move up and this is destroying the quality of players we are hoping will fill the ranks from all the veteran players leaving. 

They are playing against bots and players who are obviously padding stats with lower tier CVs because of the catastrophe that is the CV rework.

You have failed to address the AA issues which only adds salt to the game play issues and fail to publicly admit when you have made poor game play decisions. 

Your inability to address such fundamental issues only adds insults to the players who are relying on you to deal with gameplay quality control.

The play tests are a failure on your part to do quality control checks that have caused gameplay issues patch after patch.

Even when players inform you of the issues you fail to admit them or address them until a CC calls you out and you even turn your backs on them now 

If the only thing to look forward is constant new content you run the risk of failing to meet those standards because you are rushing it out for us to play.

When you rely on constant content to keep people playing you run the risk of creating things you can not undo because you have not thought out the longterm consequences of that content. 

All of these things along with consistent specific country based nerfs on ships before they are released make it seem that you value only specific content without making it equal in all various countries. 

This is only my opinion and I believe it needs to be said. I can not waste anymore time on writing how I feel about this because it has so apparent in the forums and the information here has been presented so many ways. 

Edited by Condor_Legion
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WSU]
Members
40 posts
9,388 battles
10 hours ago, Condor_Legion said:

Instead of posting in general chat I wanted to clarify specifics for falling out of love with this game. 

There used to be depth to the game that allowed a player to find their way. Allowed them to experience the grind of understanding ship lines by enjoying uniqueness that was offered. 

Many players have expressed concerns for the "over content" the mobile phone game feel the game is becoming. Moving away from what separates this from other Wargaming titles to has become less and less apparent.

The slow stripping away of the giving spirit the game once had that creates that original solidarity from other games. Made players feel appreciated and we loved it. 

Now that you are removing that spirit and not replacing it with anything other than grinds and events constantly its not a wonder of why so many veterans have left.

You also devalued our investment into the game by allowing players who have not invested the time to know the game to get ships and content beyond their scope. This may be true for other games as well but the ease at which this can be done in this game is far easier than it should be.

The constant content line releases has also removed the value of playing lower tiers to move up and this is destroying the quality of players we are hoping will fill the ranks from all the veteran players leaving. 

They are playing against bots and players who are obviously padding stats with lower tier CVs because of the catastrophe that is the CV rework.

You have failed to address the AA issues which only adds salt to the game play issues and fail to publicly admit when you have made poor game play decisions. 

Your inability to address such fundamental issues only adds insults to the players who are relying on you to deal with gameplay quality control.

The play tests are a failure on your part to do quality control checks that have caused gameplay issues patch after patch.

Even when players inform you of the issues you fail to admit them or address them until a CC calls you out and you even turn your backs on them now 

If the only thing to look forward is constant new content you run the risk of failing to meet those standards because you are rushing it out for us to play.

When you rely on constant content to keep people playing you run the risk of creating things you can not undo because you have not thought out the longterm consequences of that content. 

All of these things along with consistent specific country based nerfs on ships before they are released make it seem that you value only specific content without making it equal in all various countries. 

This is only my opinion and I believe it needs to be said. I can not waste anymore time on writing how I feel about this because it has so apparent in the forums and the information here has been presented so many ways. 

The CV debacle is just that. I cannot see them either going back to the old system or removing CVs from the game again for another rework. Like it or not, what you see is what we're getting. I hope that the incorporation of submarines does not prove to be as unbalanced when they arrive.

New content is how you keep players long term. If you stagnate, folks max out, get bored, and leave. If you don't play CBs, what reason is there to play the same lines at T10 over and over again? The game has to remain fresh. New premium ships is how they make money. The game is free to play, but the developers aren't working on charity and hardware to support the game isn't free.

They make balance changes based on data gathered during testing and monitor performance as time goes on. From what I've experienced during my 5 years of this game is that changes are generally small to maintain balance. There has been some power creep to this game, relegating older powerful classes not nearly as powerful as they once were (see Khaborovsk and Yue Yang), but there aren't any ships that are unplayable due to being so badly overmatched at their tier compared to others at that same tier.

So WG is providing new content for those who desire such and they are maintaining existing content to provide for the long term health of the game. That's pretty much exactly what I would expect them to do. Unfortunately they cannot make everyone happy, so changes are going to occur that some disagree with, but I challenge anyone to make the perfect game without any negative feedback.

If you want to see the effect of power creep in an extreme enviroment, look at WoT prior to the latest tech tree revision. They removed probably two dozen tanks that were totally made obselete by new lines and premiums. WoWS, imo, has done a remarkable job in minimizing this problem.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this