Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JimmyTheRealPirate

Siegfried vs. Slava vs. Georgia

13 comments in this topic

Members
208 posts
6,052 battles

I'm working towards a Siegfried, but obviously these things are not quick to get and I want to make sure I am making the right choice before getting it. I thought I would ask you all what your opinions on the matter is.

Right, so to the point with 2 questions:

1. Is Siegfried worth getting for the cost, or is it better to save up for the Slava? Basically is Slava a better investment or Siegfried. Not only is Siegfried cheaper, but it is t9 whereas Slava is t10. I'm sure many of you have noticed that t10 gameplay has really taken a turn for the worst over the last couple of months, but maybe being a specialized back liner the Slava won't be affected by that to much?

2. Is it worth getting a Siegfried when I already have the Georgia? I've heard good things about Siegfried, but honestly what does it have over the Georgia? Its guns are a bit more accurate, little bit faster reload, maybe little bit better concealment and turning circle? Otherwise the Georgia has much larger guns, is faster, better AA(?), and better secondaries. Also it is much tanker with BB HP and armor (although on the lower end of BB armor) What benefit does the Siegfried have over the Georgia other than being a CA?

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,495 battles
22 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

I'm working towards a Siegfried, but obviously these things are not quick to get and I want to make sure I am making the right choice before getting it. I thought I would ask you all what your opinions on the matter is.

Right, so to the point with 2 questions:

1. Is Siegfried worth getting for the cost, or is it better to save up for the Slava? Basically is Slava a better investment or Siegfried. Not only is Siegfried cheaper, but it is t9 whereas Slava is t10. I'm sure many of you have noticed that t10 gameplay has really taken a turn for the worst over the last couple of months, but maybe being a specialized back liner the Slava won't be affected by that to much?

2. Is it worth getting a Siegfried when I already have the Georgia? I've heard good things about Siegfried, but honestly what does it have over the Georgia? Its guns are a bit more accurate, little bit faster reload, maybe little bit better concealment and turning circle? Otherwise the Georgia has much larger guns, is faster, better AA(?), and better secondaries. Also it is much tanker with BB HP and armor (although on the lower end of BB armor) What benefit does the Siegfried have over the Georgia other than being a CA?

I have Slava. I don't have Siegfried, but I do have the Alaska, which is very similar to the Agir.

First there is the tiers just as you mentioned. Premium T9 gameplay is just more enjoyable than T10, and T9 premiums make you a lot more coin. Obviously, T10 is the archetypal reason to play a line, but it's quickly becoming more of a way to just get free Santa Crates at the end of the year, and that's about it.

Then there is the Slava. Is it a good ship? Of course it is. But Slava isn't on its own island doing it's own thing. It's just a battleship built for long range combat, and it does it in Russian style, which is low DPM, but high efficiency if application. Because it's not on its own island, it has other ships it competes with. Those ships are the Yamato, Shikishima, Thunderer, and Republique. And of these, the Slava is the least versatile in it's gameplay. This makes for a much more one-dimensional playstyle. It's extremely good in this role, but once outside that, it's actually a pretty poor ship.

Supercruisers like the Siegfried are a lot more versatile in their playstyle, and this versatility makes more a lot more fun over time. You've got good medium and long range performance with your main battery, and good secondaries and torpedoes to cover the rest. Sure, you won't be able to hang as long as even a Slava, but at least you can compete where the Slava can't. 

Knowing what I know now, I would have gotten the Siegfried instead. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[CRUEL]
Members
549 posts
10,125 battles

I have sigfried and it is a really fun ship. I've cit a slava at 15k and a montana at 16km with it. Its armor is strong like bb level and probably better than the georgia. I've taken I've full point blank broadside from an izumo and lived. It also has torps and 6km hydro. I think you would be happy with it. As it is a tier 9 but can hold it's own against tier 10s. Its stronger than a zao, Petro, moskva etc in my opinion. However it burns for 60 seconds so it has problems with fire breathers. 

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,204 battles

Don't have Slava, Siegfried is fun though, I myself have been having a blast in Pommern. I did really good with Georgia in her first battle, I don't think I have played her but that once. I of course have only played them in Co op, if you value a Co op opinion. I chose Siegfried over Ohio.

• Thanks 1

[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles

I dont have any of the three, I can tell you as an opposition player though I find the Georgia and Slava are much more difficult to play against.  The Seigfried burns like all German ships and burns constantly. They don't bring the pain of Georgia or have the weird armor of the soviet ship without the fire factor.

Edited by Concept6
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,138 posts
4,345 battles

Well Slava is going to be better than Siegfried because it's T10. It's really going to come down to whether you want to snipe from long range or kind of brawl.

Georgia IMO is better than Siegfried. Accurate guns, bigger guns, faster, better armor, secondaries. GA is definitely leaning toward OP status, this Ranked Sprint season just confirmed that. Siegfried is good, but as long as you don't get torpedoed I'd always rather have a GA. GA is a blast to play anyway, if you don't have her I absolutely recommend getting her.

Edit: Didn't read thoroughly and didn't see you already have GA. The two are different, GA is definitely a BB, Siegfried is on the border. See my first point about which playstyle you prefer.

Edited by AJTP89
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles

I don't have a Slava. They seem OK for players who like that playstyle, but I don't. I like to get up close and brawl and Slava's a sniper.

Siegfried is the best close-in cruiser in the game, tier-for-tier. She does have a very high skill floor to play aggressively; she may be comfortable at knife range, but she's still a cruiser and if you try to be as aggressive in her early-game as you can be in a Pommern or GK, you're going to die quickly and badly. While they're completely different ships and do it in different ways, what her ideal playstyle reminds me of is pre-nerf Alsace.

No, really, hear me out. 

When you combine her long-range and laser accuracy with her brawl capabilities, you get a ship that rewards a patient player who wants to brawl but is smart enough to pick her spots. German BBs tend to be pure brawlers, but Siegfried, like pre-nerf Alsace, was more of what I term a lancer. She is a ship where you wait patiently for your opening, taking long-range shots and helping whittle the red team down while maintaining a good position to capitalize on opportunities. As the game progresses to mid-game, you take advantage of mismatches or isolation to charge in and finish red ships at knife range. Her accuracy and spotter plane at long-range and her killer secondaries, hydro, torpedoes, and large HP pool/good armor (for a cruiser) mean you're equally adept in both phases; the smart player knows when and how to transition between them. 

With Alsace, you used her huge number of less-accurate guns to be effective at long-range and her speed to charge in for the brawl; Siegfried does it with cruiser agility  (well, maybe not quite, she's very chonky) and being insanely accurate with the six main guns she has. But both ships excelled in that lancer role of serving as long-range fire support or close-range brawling depending on the situation at the moment. 

Georgia is similar, but she tends to be most effective at mid-range for me. I use her speed more for flexing across the map and repositioning; she's tankier when angled than Siegfried, with better secondaries, but she doesn't feel as accurate out at the edge of her range. Her guns hit super hard and her secondary output is insane, but I generally try to stay around the edge of her secondary range most of the game. I rarely am trying to get closer than 9 km or farther away than 12-13 km in early to mid game. With Siegfried, it varies based on the game and the situation, but I tend to be either back at sniper range, close-in at 5-7km knife-fighting, or transitioning between the two. 

I love Siegfried and thought she was well-worth the Research Points. If you prefer a sniper style, you'll probably like Slava better. If you want a tanky, fast midrange fighter, drop some coal on Georgia. But if you like/are good at reading and reacting to the flow of the game and the minimap, having a set of tools for any game situation, and like charging into brawl when you can but prefer being patient and being able to contribute even when having to hang back, Siegfried's a beast. 

Edited by poeticmotion
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,505 posts
24,649 battles
3 hours ago, Ranari said:

...T9 premiums make you a lot more coin.

Not if the T10 is an armory "special" ship...those have a baked in 50% post battle cost & w/the camo they get an additional 50% post battle cost reducing T10 from 180k ÷ 2 = 90k ÷ 2 = 45k post battle cost + ammo.

[UN1]
Members
1,386 posts
4,495 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Not if the T10 is an armory "special" ship...those have a baked in 50% post battle cost & w/the camo they get an additional 50% post battle cost reducing T10 from 180k ÷ 2 = 90k ÷ 2 = 45k post battle cost + ammo.

They don't have the credit earning modifier that T9 premiums do. 

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,922 posts
10,311 battles
10 hours ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Is Siegfried worth getting for the cost, or is it better to save up for the Slava?

It really depends on the kind of ships and gameplay you like.

[SCK]
Members
196 posts
24,901 battles

Do you have Ohio yet? Or is Slava and Siegfried ranked above Ohio for you? I went Ohio before Slava was released, but after Siegfried was available. I definitely considered the german ship, but I think I made the right choice with the Ohio. Now Slava vs Ohio, that's another topic. Ohio is a tank and can surely beat the Slava 1v1. But our matches aren't played that way. I think Slava will come before Siegfried for me.   

Sign in to follow this