You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Graf Spee should be buffed

23 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles

The Graf Spee has 11" guns. These are guns should out range the T6 guns of 6" & 8" on cruisers. If you must nerf something reduce the range of the torpedoes.  Just my opinion.

• Meh 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,238 posts
20,494 battles

It’s got a lot of hp, a heal, awesome torp angles - something has to give.  I’d honestly trade the torp characteristics for better guns characteristics but it’s not going to happen.  Maybe if they had a Deutschland/Lutzow premium they could give it better guns at the cost of something else to distinguish it from the Graf Spee.

[TDRB]
Members
5,313 posts
13,743 battles
41 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

It’s got a lot of hp, a heal, awesome torp angles - something has to give.  I’d honestly trade the torp characteristics for better guns characteristics but it’s not going to happen.  Maybe if they had a Deutschland/Lutzow premium they could give it better guns at the cost of something else to distinguish it from the Graf Spee.

It is unlikely to happen but I wanted to offer my opinion.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles

Graf Spee has a lot of other gimmicks going for her.  The fact she has Repair Party when almost all Cruisers this tier don't have it is a significant perk already.

Meanwhile all the other non-Repair Party capable Cruisers this tier are highly prone to attrition, even against other Cruisers.

[SGSS]
Members
6,215 posts
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

The Graf Spee has 11" guns. These are guns should out range the T6 guns of 6" & 8" on cruisers. If you must nerf something reduce the range of the torpedoes.  Just my opinion.

It does not need range it needs to be able to hit things

• Cool 5
  • Meh 2

[FUNNY]
Members
52 posts
3,833 battles
6 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

It does not need range it needs to be able to hit things

I'm on board with this, move it from BB dispersion to CA dispersion would help greatly.

The only other thing I'd really love is just to get her over that 30knt hump.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles
3 minutes ago, metus_regem said:

I'm on board with this, move it from BB dispersion to CA dispersion would help greatly.

The only other thing I'd really love is just to get her over that 30knt hump.

No.

Considering she has Repair Party, long range torpedoes, large 283mm guns, she doesn't rate having more accurate guns.

28.5kts is her historical speed.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,291 posts
8,467 battles
16 minutes ago, metus_regem said:

It has supercruiser dispersion, not BB dispersion.

If it had CA dispersion it's be ridiculous.

[-H-]
Members
213 posts
6,448 battles

I agree. My stats in my Graf Spee are horrendous. Outside of the game, I have no idea how to look at them but I'm sure they're pitiful.

[PISD]
Members
1,921 posts
6,308 battles

It's a ship that I still wonder why it was place a tier 6. It would have fitted more naturally ate tier 7 imo.

[KILL]
Members
1,073 posts
12,332 battles

this should be a fun ship to play.  It's just not because the guns are too few, too inaccruate, and fire too slowly.  They do nothing that any other ship at the tier with 8 inch guns can't.   They gave it repair party to cover it's short comings but all it does is help it survive the punishment a little longer from being outclassed.  And that ultimately why it's still not fun.

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,902 battles

Is that why i've seen so many this CB season? 

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,418 battles

Graf Spee is fine at tier 6. She's got a huge toolbox; her range is fine and her dispersion, while wonky, is to be expected as a balance thing because 283mm guns + heals on a t6 cruiser. 

I'd be totally OK with a version that had longer range and better dispersion...at tier 7.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
313 posts
4,732 battles

The Graf Spee is an excellent ship, a blast to play and very effective at what she is designed for. She punishes poor map awareness and complacency with tremendous damage numbers. 

She is the original supercruiser in this game I believe, and she has a very unique style of play. Those guns can hit tremendously hard if you get a good hit in with them. Any more accurate and they would be borderline OP. Catch a cruiser broadside in her. If your aim is on you can obliterate them with hilarious ease. 

She is meant to punish cruisers and any broadsides you can get, or force. Getting close to her is suicidal for most botes because she has German Hydro AND great torpedos. Even BB's can take a serious hit from her if they ignore her guns. 

Spee is easily one of my favourite ships in this game, purely because her playstyle is so different from the other ships in her tier. She is an Assassin. 

[SYN]
Members
15,968 posts
12,803 battles

If you think Graf spee is weak, it's 100% the captain not playing the ship correctly.

Because, seriously, the only thing Graf spee lacks is DPM.

All the other T6 cruisers are equally as miserable, if not more so.

Graf Spee is also one of the best cruisers when playing bottom tier.

Literally, the only other T6 cruiser that I think is better than Graf Spee would by Budyonney

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Thanks 2

Members
32 posts
9 battles

THe other day in clan battle I had a DD sit broadside with a broken engine, 3 salvo of HE only one or two hit each every time. The guns cant hit a non moving target

[WOLFG]
Members
33,556 posts
10,430 battles

IMO, Spee is pretty versatile, but, if the enemy ship has a clear advantage in one area, it's often hard to offset with Spee's other tools.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,365 posts

I just came out of two clan battles in which its nothing but spees.

I am working to recover my spee that I sold off. Ive got work for it to do as long Weegee wallows in unmotivating hide and seek within the VI CB section

[X-PN]
Members
1,758 posts
12,849 battles

I wish they would remove Spee from the game...  at least for a month or two....need to recover from CB Spee overload.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
584 posts
13,174 battles

IF Graf Spee is so terrible why am I so sick of seeing them?  In Clan Battles there were usually 4 to 6 of of them on the enemy team.