Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet_Eagle

Massachusetts help?

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,803 posts
21,705 battles

Do you have manual secondaries trained on your captain?

[TIMT]
Members
1,740 posts
5,623 battles

A few things to keep in mind about secondaries:

• they can be switched off together with AA ('p' is the standard key for that, look for the icon in the lower mid-left of the screen )
  • Check the range on your secondaries, they might simply not reach
  • they have firing arcs and usually cant fire straight forward or backwards so you will have to angle
  • it will take a few seconds for the guns to turn and lock on a target, so if it only shows up briefly they won't fire
  • secondaries are not always good at firing over islands even though they could. never understood quite why, so check for line-of-sight

If all of this does not help provide a screenshot or replay so we help more.

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
9,162 battles

Doh and double doh!!!

The first bullet point did it.

Man this is embarrassing.

Thank you.

Edited by Scarlet_Eagle
  • Cool 1

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles
1 hour ago, Scarlet_Eagle said:

Doh and double doh!!!

The first bullet point did it.

Man this is embarrassing.

Thank you.

I have sailed my GK in a furball of BBs with accidentally turned off secbats before. My team thought I was crazy. But alas no, just had a brain fart and hit the P key by accident.

What became a fat finger moment became a Butterfingers event.

0 posts

Equally bad are the times when I'm playing BB and I try to press the ` key to focus my AA but end up pressing 1 by accident without noticing. Next thing your know a perfect dead-broadside cruiser pops up at 9 km and I blast him with a full salvo of HE. DOH! It's happened more than once. 

• Funny 1

[V1-PI]
Members
78 posts
9,162 battles
20 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I have sailed my GK in a furball of BBs with accidentally turned off secbats before. My team thought I was crazy. But alas no, just had a brain fart and hit the P key by accident.

What became a fat finger moment became a Butterfingers event.

About 70-75% of my battles and in USN DDs. I associate that key strongly with AA.

I only play Massa occasionally. You hear all the time to go into battle with AA turned off. I didn't even think about it.

Nice to know I'm not the only old fart in the game.

Members
4,682 posts
45,595 battles
3 hours ago, Scarlet_Eagle said:

About 70-75% of my battles and in USN DDs. I associate that key strongly with AA.

I only play Massa occasionally. You hear all the time to go into battle with AA turned off. I didn't even think about it.

Nice to know I'm not the only old fart in the game.

"That's odd Steel, you don't look old."

"I wear it well. Although, many think I am really old on account of the stuff I know in history. Sure, Napoleon had eczema. Stalin liked his westerns. Putin is actually a William Shatner fan, but that is an obvious one with him taking his shirts off all the time. I know that WG RNG works like (redacted) and you factor in (redacted), mix in the 12 sided dice for Freddy. Yeah, I can honestly say I may be older. But can you prove it?" 

Sign in to follow this