Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Too many ships?

17 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,436 posts
19,996 battles

Due to limited port slots, I used to dump ships that I played and didn't think were great or just redundant when I moved up. I tended to go up lines slowly. Lately I have been accumulating port slots much faster than I get new ships so I am keeping almost everything. Great for snowflake events but a major side effect I noticed is I have a lot of ships with half-trained captains. And I am perpetually low on XP to boost new captains up to get thru the painful first 10 pt training (save my FXP for ships).

Anyone else have this "problem"?

Side note: I'm mostly   FTP so won't spend gold to convert XP . Don't generally run premium or buy flags.

Edited by Sabot_100

[CO-OP]
Members
3,377 posts
30,059 battles

Don't have that problem.  I've found the best solution to half-trained captains is to move them to premium ships.  

• Cool 1

[GOCRY]
Members
966 posts

I move my captains to the new ship I unlocked. That way, I have a 19 pt. Captain by the time I get to tier 10.  If there’s a tech tree ship I really like, I’ll train up a new captain for it.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
33,555 posts
10,430 battles

I have the same issue, but generally, if a ship has less than a 10-point captain, I either don't play it enough to worry, or it's got a new captain, because the previous one moved to a different ship.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,311 posts
28,682 battles

When you bring in the next tier ship you should move your captain to that ship, and as said above you will get a 19pt by the time you get to t10. Once you get your first 19pt Captain they tend to breed like bunnies.

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,331 posts
23,669 battles
4 minutes ago, Efros said:

When you bring in the next tier ship you should move your captain to that ship, and as said above you will get a 19pt by the time you get to t10. Once you get your first 19pt Captain they tend to breed like bunnies.

Pretty much this.  Those 19 pt captains then move up and down the line to the related premiums and next thing you know you have 1 million+ Elite Capt XP.  You dump that on an older tech tree capt and keep on going.

[CVA16]
Members
6,436 posts
19,996 battles
1 hour ago, SeaGladius said:

I move my captains to the new ship I unlocked. That way, I have a 19 pt. Captain by the time I get to tier 10.  If there’s a tech tree ship I really like, I’ll train up a new captain for it.

Typically do that unless I really like the ship and think I keep playing it. I liked the Lightening for example and may want to keep playing the Jutland. Low skill captains can make some ships (mostly DDs) almost painful to play so I end up not playing them much if left with a half baked captain.

Banned
1,684 posts

I have 19 .... 19 point captains i play coop only and when I play all 19 I get around 130k elite captain exp a day.

from those captains in about a week of playing {if i play them all every day}{{ not always}} I can make around 600k elite exp for my lesser captains.

Lately I haven't played WoWs at all. WG hasn't Given me reason to play.The game has become SO BORING.

WG has let the player base down to many times.

At one point my wife said I played too much and was about to file..... "I didn't care" WG had my attention with exciting game play and great art.

I am still with her and WG doesn't stand a chance to get my money. I am filing against WG.... And I will let them have full custody of their wonky ship game.

• Meh 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,970 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Lately I haven't played WoWs at all. WG hasn't Given me reason to play.The game has become SO BORING.

Because you play nothing but co-op.  I don't know how people do that.  The AI does the same predictable "CHARGE!" crap every time.  It's a snooze fest.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,365 posts

If I do not already get a 10pt captian or better, it gets dumped. The captian that is.

Ive got about 10 ships give or take and another 36 or so slots. Plenty of room for good ships. And about 20 commanders, most of whom are 10 points ready to assign.

[PHD]
Members
1,930 posts
7,425 battles
3 hours ago, ithekro said:

"Too many ships"?   Is that like "too much chocolate"?

For me it seems more like too many empty wrappers. 

Oh, ships, I go up the tech tree rather slowly. But I do have premium ships, but many I got in things like Santa Crates that were not exactly wanted. 

I don't think I have gotten rid of any of my ships. 

My original captains I moved up in the next ship leaving to old ship with no captain, unless I park one in a ship for a place to keep them. I currently have one 5 pointer in my Yubari that I  use as my first battle of the day ship. He is also the Kuma captain. 

[CO-OP]
Members
2,311 posts
28,682 battles

With a fully signalled (all economic and specials) Pommern with a 19pt Capt. in Ranked Sprint yesterday morning I made 167k Elite Commander XP in five games, 3 wins 1 saved star and a loss.

[WOLFG]
Members
1,135 posts
15 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Because you play nothing but co-op.  I don't know how people do that.  The AI does the same predictable "CHARGE!" crap every time.  It's a snooze fest.

I don't mind CoOP play.  For one, I can watch  TV while I do it.  The competition is with your teammates for exp, kills, credits etc.  If you blow it....next.  I usually only play Randoms when I want to really pay attention and actually 'care' about winning.  CoOP has it's place.  Don't want to derail this though.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[VOP]
Members
1,018 posts
18 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

Due to limited port slots, I used to dump ships that I played and didn't think were great or just redundant when I moved up. I tended to go up lines slowly. Lately I have been accumulating port slots much faster than I get new ships so I am keeping almost everything. Great for snowflake events but a major side effect I noticed is I have a lot of ships with half-trained captains. And I am perpetually low on XP to boost new captains up to get thru the painful first 10 pt training (save my FXP for ships).

Anyone else have this "problem"?

Side note: I'm mostly   FTP so won't spend gold to convert XP . Don't generally run premium or buy flags.

If the main reason for keeping them is snowflake events, why bother grinding xp on the captain? Play the ship, get the win and flake, and put the tarp back over it until next time.

Also some of the combat missions include port slots as a reward.

Edited by Airjellyfish

[CVA16]
Members
6,436 posts
19,996 battles
1 hour ago, Airjellyfish said:

Also some of the combat missions include port slots as a reward.

Definite change in WG marketing strategy. Used to have to decide whether to dump a ship or buy another slot when I wanted a new ship. I'd sometimes buy a few when they were on "sale".  Now I have about 25 empty slots.

[WOLF1]
Members
754 posts
6,255 battles

I tend to keep ships, but always have a few spare port slots in case something interesting comes along.

I'll only move captains 10pts and above to the next ships in the line. I feel that, after 10 points, the time it takes to train that captain up to the next ship takes much longer than a new captain making level 10. But that theory may be bollocks though.

Sign in to follow this