You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

This is why I almost always play CV

68 comments in this topic

Members
602 posts
17,640 battles

Seriously. As much as I support CV play, this is the same sort of thing the anti-cv crowd does. You are leading the charge in a slow as hell bb against an entrenched player doing their job well and you’re somehow not to blame.

• Cool 6

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

Pro tip: hit Y, use the elevated view angle to shoot that guy. Boom suddenly he is zero threat because he is dead or nearly dead and cowering. Letting him farm you is a you issue not a ship issue.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,546 posts
5,926 battles

Wow, weird how you don't like being attacked by someone that is hiding. Just dodge it! :Smile_child:

• Cool 6
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,291 posts
8,467 battles
28 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

image.thumb.png.3a1744870d4e324cd3ae45b2cba913e1.png

THIS IS WHY THE CV CLASS EXISTS

I deal with or mitigate those guys when I play BB almost every game, with or without CV help. I don't understand why you're so upset by this? Does getting shot by a cruiser you can't directly delete back trigger you or something? It's no different then a hidden DD trying to torp you or some other BB you aren't aware of/not paying attention to hitting you from across the map.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,951 battles
2 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I deal with or mitigate those guys when I play BB almost every game, with or without CV help. I don't understand why you're so upset by this? Does getting shot by a cruiser you can't directly delete back trigger you or something? It's no different then a hidden DD trying to torp you or some other BB you aren't aware of/not paying attention to hitting you from across the map.

Thank you all, this was exactly what I was expecting to see/hope for.

• Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Boring 6

[VORTX]
Members
660 posts
8,331 battles

It’s funny how many ships, light cruisers in particular are DESIGNED AND MEANT TO USE ISLANDS (that were put there by developers, coincidence I think not!) AS COVER. 

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
6,367 posts
7,148 battles

Meanwhile the other BB in the cap is perfectly covered from any fire behind the island and angled towards most of the enemies just by being a little bit to the right.

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles
16 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Thank you all, this was exactly what I was expecting to see/hope for.

LOL  unlike when fighting CVs you have options to escape the HE spammer and not take 1 further round from him. Do what the other BB is doing go right and not be in his fire at all.    You have lined yourself up so he can shoot you perfectly through that gap. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,891 posts
2,412 battles

So cruisers heat shelling ships to death behind islands is okay it's just a feature :Smile_hiding:But is not okay for CVs just to played the game and do damage :Smile_ohmy: That's very hypocritical in my opinion  :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 10
  • Meh 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,546 posts
5,926 battles
1 minute ago, LastRemnant said:

So cruisers heat shelling ships to death behind islands is okay it's just a feature :Smile_hiding:But is not okay for CVs just played the game and do damage :Smile_ohmy: That's very hypocritical in my opinion  :Smile_popcorn:

Yanging.gif.b2d17ad33d1dd751e625fb89d1a566c9.gif

• Haha 3

Members
1,650 posts
15 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

So cruisers heat shelling ships to death behind islands is okay it's just a feature :Smile_hiding:But is not okay for CVs just played the game and do damage :Smile_ohmy: That's very hypocritical in my opinion  :Smile_popcorn:

simplistic and inaccurate...

• Thanks 1

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,243 battles

So you play CV because it's the easiest class to play, you get unlimited planes, your ship can hide all battle and has little chance of being destroyed?  

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,412 posts
11,927 battles
12 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yuro was right...

...the necessary rework was a rework of the playerbase...

That is very profound.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
30,124 battles
36 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Care to elaborate?

He's trying to bait people, just ignore him 

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,318 posts
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

image.thumb.png.3a1744870d4e324cd3ae45b2cba913e1.png

THIS IS WHY THE CV CLASS EXISTS

Yeah, it really sucks when someone sits safely out of reach and rains damage on you with impunity, like say, a carrier.

• Thanks 3

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
1 hour ago, MajorEnglush said:

Ahhh...so you play CVs so that you can be the one shooting others without fear of reprisal, because it is wrong when others do it. 

Gotchya.

The way I look at it is, not so much that it's wrong, just annoying. Since people will play things that annoy me, I don't feel bad doing the same. (although I sometimes feel bad for DDs, if I give them an unusally hard (for me) pasting)

Playing any ship in the game, in any manner allowed, is not objectively wrong.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
14 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Yeah, it really sucks when someone sits safely out of reach and rains damage on you with impunity, like say, a carrier.

Yep. And since I don't like playing rainbow arc-gunned ships, CVs it is. I spent enough time just dealing with it before the rework, now I can vent my frustration when it occurs.

But to balance the karmic scales, I'm perfectly willing to let CVs take shots at my other ships.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF6]
Members
29 posts
6,752 battles
1 hour ago, MyClanTagIsASnakeHowCute said:

Pro tip: hit Y, use the elevated view angle to shoot that guy. Boom suddenly he is zero threat because he is dead or nearly dead and cowering. Letting him farm you is a you issue not a ship issue.

Is there some other button that does the normally? Never knew about it and for me Y does nothing, just a consumable slot.  Looking through the controls and not seeing anything that activates it.

I know the planes can do it, if that is what you meant, but would be certainly nice as a normal feature, without the range bonus :P

Edited by Olem