You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Do_Doch_Nicht

Opt Out 2 Carrier Random Battles

38 comments in this topic

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
14,228 battles

Am not finding 2 Carrier Random Battles enjoyable. 2 Carriers degrade the gameplay for all but the Carriers. Would love to see a "Settings Configuration" where a player can Opt out of being spawned into these non enjoyable games.  Obviously, it cannot be done after "spawning" into the game.  I'll post the same to Wargaming, but can we please have an option to not participate in these non enjoyable games.  

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 7

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,361 posts
6,990 battles

While we are at it, can I get a battle mode where I can div with another carrier? 

Or historical battles, where I can get 6 carriers on 6 carriers with cruisers and destroyers sprinkled in and we're all div'd? 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

I wanna opt of Radar games.   I die to radar far more often then I die to carriers.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
14,228 battles
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I would actually prefer an option to get more 2 carrier battles. 

6 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

While we are at it, can I get a battle mode where I can div with another carrier? 

Or historical battles, where I can get 6 carriers on 6 carriers with cruisers and destroyers sprinkled in and we're all div'd? 

Don't see any reason why more 2 Carrier games, or even 6 Carrier games can't be an option for those that want to focus on Carriers.  The problem is that in a 12 member Random Battle, 2 Carriers degrade gameplay.  It's strictly a Balance Issue and it can easily be rectified by Wargaming. 

[ZR]
Beta Testers
383 posts
9,963 battles

There just needs to be an opt out for CV in general, that class fundamentally doesn’t fit. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[SALVO]
6,361 posts
6,990 battles
Just now, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Don't see any reason why more 2 Carrier games, or even 6 Carrier games can't be an option for those that want to focus on Carriers.  The problem is that in a 12 member Random Battle, 2 Carriers degrade gameplay.  It's strictly a Balance Issue and it can easily be rectified by Wargaming. 

Oh? How so?

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
14,228 battles
5 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I wanna opt of Radar games.   I die to radar far more often then I die to carriers.

Its not a question of dying by Carrier, Radar or Hydro....Strictly a Game Balance consideration.  By opting out of Radar you're opting out of Tiers and Consumables. Don't view that nearly as viable to accomplish in settings. 

[FDS]
Members
200 posts
14,228 battles
1 minute ago, Desertfox51 said:

There just needs to be an opt out for CV in general, that class fundamentally doesn’t fit. 

With just 1 in the battle the impact on gameplay is not as severe, but your point is noted. I've taken it up with Wargaming. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,020 posts
7,858 battles

d5415d10e7e70b23cd922ab105170fc6e844f435

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2

Members
37 posts
959 battles
13 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I second this

[YORHA]
Members
5,370 posts
10,521 battles
20 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Ducky, Ducky, Ducky...

BoringCheeryAmericancreamdraft-size_rest

Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
33 minutes ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Am not finding radar cruiser Random Battles enjoyable. Radar cruisers degrade the gameplay for all but the radar cruisers. Would love to see a "Settings Configuration" where a player can Opt out of being spawned into these non enjoyable games.  Obviously, it cannot be done after "spawning" into the game.  I'll post the same to Wargaming, but can we please have an option to not participate in these non enjoyable games.  

Fixed that for you.

[GGWP]
Members
7,586 posts
17,943 battles
14 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ducky, Ducky, Ducky...

BoringCheeryAmericancreamdraft-size_rest

You know how frustrating it is to get into a game and have no cvs?

If I could get more 2 cv battles, it would make up for that immensely. 

Members
247 posts

What tier are you playing that you are running into 2 CV games? I mostly play 8-9-10 and I don't remember the last time I faced 2 CVs

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,793 posts
11,335 battles

I would much prefer a 2 CV random battle to a 1 CV random battle. Can you imagine being on the team that doesn’t get a carrier? 

:Smile_trollface:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,614 posts
51 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Fine, then you wouldn't object to two queues then right?

A carrier queue, where you can have 3 carriers a side, and a surface ship queue.:Smile_great:

Let the players decide what they like, and don't like.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,322 posts
1 hour ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Am not finding 2 Carrier Random Battles enjoyable. 2 Carriers degrade the gameplay for all but the Carriers. Would love to see a "Settings Configuration" where a player can Opt out of being spawned into these non enjoyable games.  Obviously, it cannot be done after "spawning" into the game.  I'll post the same to Wargaming, but can we please have an option to not participate in these non enjoyable games.  

Sure.  

Let me opt out of DDs on my BB games, and opt out of BBs on my CA/CL games, too.  

Then it's fine.  Otherwise, you're just cherry-picking to exclude the ship type you don't like.

[12TF]
9,250 posts

54 minutes ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

With just 1 in the battle the impact on gameplay is not as severe, but your point is noted. I've taken it up with Wargaming. 

I am very sure that they will get right on that for you.  They have been saying that they want players to be able to custom make their own random matches for a while now.

[CVA16]
Members
6,471 posts
20,094 battles
20 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would much prefer a 2 CV random battle to a 1 CV random battle. Can you imagine being on the team that doesn’t get a carrier? 

I realize the humor but it does go to show the class is not like the others.

Enter a game where one team has a DD, the other a cruiser (or BB vs Cruiser) and it may be a slight advantage to one side but not game changing.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,910 posts
2,412 battles

I can get battles with no DDs, please :Smile_popcorn:

Edited by LastRemnant

[NGA-B]
[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
199 posts
11,105 battles
1 hour ago, Bluemoon51 said:

What tier are you playing that you are running into 2 CV games? I mostly play 8-9-10 and I don't remember the last time I faced 2 CVs

Generally, double CV games can be found upwards to T8 - typically either double T6 or T8 and sometimes one T6 and one T8.  I can't remember seeing a double T10 CV game.  I'm not anti-CV but would like to see WG limit to 1 CV per team/match.  Double CV's tend to make the match unbalanced especially then they 'gang up' on a particular class of ship or even player. 

Any other response on this thread about "no DD", "no Radar", and especially when the subs show up, "No Subs", you're just trolling.  WG isn't going to drastically change their programming to make a very small segment of the player base happy. Deal with it.

Edited by Mustang2209

Members
1,433 posts
1,852 battles

And how long before we have a "opt out of 5 DD game?" It is called Random Battle for a reason. Deal with it. Or don't click on Random Battle. I like seeing 2 CV games, more planes to shoot down.