You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

WG FIX THE HOOD!!!!

12 comments in this topic

Banned
120 posts
11,460 battles

Come on Wargaming! I recently got the Hood and I like it but please do something about the DFAA! It is worthless and seemingly does nothing. I gather from what I've read about it that the Hood's DFAA used to be amazingly effective but that is obviously not the case anymore, why? When the Skane has better AA than a BB at the same tier that's a problem. It would also be nice to get a second or two decrease in the main battery reload time but I'd be happy if you'd fix the DFAA so that it actually did something. 

giphy.gif

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,791 posts
21,701 battles

Hood's DFAA only ever affected its rockets which are only 1km in range.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

All def AA is largely useless nowadays. Back in the old AA system hood aa was mediocre except for the tiny 1km range with def AA on rockets assuming they hadn't taken an HE shell to the face yet. Even then it only helped against dive bombers

[MEIST]
Members
1,549 posts
5,956 battles
5 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

what I've read about it that the Hood's DFAA used to be amazingly effective but that is obviously not the case anymore

Where did you read that? It wasn't ever amazing.

[WOLFH]
Members
986 posts
4,782 battles

Since we are at it...

Please WG give the rocket animation to Hood, it already exist!

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,361 posts
6,972 battles

Tbh bro Hood is a fantastic warship with great gunnery. She's let down because the meta evolved and tier 7 is no longer the sweet spot it was. She gets pushed into matches against ships with obscene HE DPM and she's so long it's hard not to farm her. 

The same happened to Scharnhorst. 

It's the endless cycle of boats, the ship is good....meta changes....wargaming buffs the new stuff....you buy new stuff.....

NEVER-EVER-EVER buy old premiums, they hardly ever get buffed, 9/10 they just get worse.

This is why I'm an advocate for bringing back "the naughty boat list." 

Enterprise, Belfast, Kutzov, GC aren't OP anymore....the meta evolved and now they are actually balanced ships. Wargaming just wont make them direct buys because they need bait for their predatory loot boxes. 

You'll see the same with the Smolensk and Slava, they are OP now...wait a few patches and the meta will make em so/so.

• Cool 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,030 posts
13,140 battles

The DFAA on it appears identical to US DFAA: +50% Continuous, +300% Explosion Damage. Its primary use pre-rework was to basically boost rocket damage to the roof, but nothing else.

Banned
120 posts
11,460 battles
6 hours ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Yeah you should read reviews on it before you bought it. 

I did, people seemed to like it and like I said it used to have decent AA. I do not regret buying it, I just get frustrated when I enable the DFAA and only shoot down a single plane out of an entire squadron.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,030 posts
13,140 battles

How I would describe its new DFAA:

1. Add a virtual half of an extra Hood on top of your current AA for continuous damage.

2. You now have a 75% chance to one shot any plane with flak for 40 seconds.

So, practically speaking, the timing on DFAA should be before/right when the enemy aircraft are at max range, leading to 3.5km. Any closer and the biggest benefit is gone.

[REVY]
Members
2,837 posts
15,075 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 3:32 AM, VonSchoenvorts said:

Come on Wargaming! I recently got the Hood and I like it but please do something about the DFAA! It is worthless and seemingly does nothing. I gather from what I've read about it that the Hood's DFAA used to be amazingly effective but that is obviously not the case anymore, why? When the Skane has better AA than a BB at the same tier that's a problem. It would also be nice to get a second or two decrease in the main battery reload time but I'd be happy if you'd fix the DFAA so that it actually did something. 

Sry OP, ship is working as intended.

in general, AA is crap all over, but in Hood’s case, her DFAA only really worked when aircraft were directly above the ship.