You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

What is happiness?...

20 comments in this topic

Banned
120 posts
11,462 battles

Happiness for me in this game is when I'm in my Vladivostok and an enemy is shooting AP at me when I'm bow on to them :) 

Happiness is also when I'm in my Graf Zeppelin and a DD, Cruiser or even a battleship learns the hard way just how effective the Graf's secondaries are :)

Happiness is also when I'm in any BB and deliver a devastating strike on that POS HE spamming cruiser that's been setting me on fire constantly :)

Happiness is also when you make that sweet blind shot into a DD's smoke screen and ruin their day :)

Happiness is also when I get a super container :)

Happiness is also when I'm the last ship and I pull off the victory from certain defeat :)

Happiness is also when your torps miss the target you were aiming at but still sink an enemy ship :)

Happiness is also sinking both CV's in a double CV match :) 

How about you? What makes you happy in this game?

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-KIA-]
Members
821 posts
11,441 battles

Detonating someone else in the game.
Doing more than 5k damage to DDs with rocket planes.
All torpedoes hit the enemy ship from your Torpedo Bombers.
Doing 2-3 fires/citadel from your Dive Bombers that deals more than 10k damage to ships with vulnerable decks.
Getting a Pommern from the last resort doubloons that you have obtained from 3 Black Friday Containers that didn't give you a ship but doubloons, camos, and FXPs.

Spoiler

image.png.1cb3d99625255cb911316d39e3a0f806.png

Edited by Ayanami_Kai
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
4,693 posts
45,659 battles

That would have been a few years back in Randoms. A player was mad I got a long range citadel. Just 1, but he wouldn't stop complaining or...turn, so I fired a full broadside and citadeled him 3 more for a deletion.

Even his own team laughed at that one and it was a long one. I fired the broadside, checked my emails, ordered a 🍕, and then it hit. I was just okay with the one. But the player kept yapping and the Dark Side said: "Do it."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,695 posts
4,524 battles

A few things that make me happy and haven't already been mentioned:

• Launching a blind spread of torpedoes into a capture zone and sinking an enemy DD
  • Winning the final battle needed to progress into the next tier
  • Setting a life-saving smokescreen for a team mate
  • Activating DCP or Repairs just before I get burned/flooded/shot to death
  • Moving out of detection range and surviving with a sliver of HP
  • Ramming and sinking an enemy ship with high HP while on low HP myself
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles

The bots deciding to shoot at someone else all night. Particularly when last night six of nine bots all ran to the cap with the lone Monty, while the rest of the Green ran to the other two caps.

My Bogue used to make me happy...

...maybe that’s partly why I’m not as happy about the game as I used to be.

Sinking a Black, in smoke, with torpedoes, in a Ranked game, while my Fletcher is moving in the open.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
13,334 posts
20,173 battles

Having fun playing the decoy role in a torp DD, while my fleet secures the win.

Never gets old so far.

• Cool 1

Members
729 posts
5,739 battles
19 minutes ago, db4100 said:

853882324_whatisbestinlife.thumb.jpg.611938d1bd7007892e0f21aad2c3dfe5.jpg

to dev strike your enemies, to see them sink before you and to hear the lamentations of burning Battleships.

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Cool 1

Members
1,650 posts

OP: when I see team play in randoms and the battle is unresolved until the very last second...and even if we lose, I'm OK...

• Cool 1

[EGO]
Members
42 posts
6,331 battles

When CV has a good strike lined up one me, only for it to either get blapped, or be “just dodge”ed.

Playing the British CLs like DDs in CQ fights and watching people freak out.

During last CB season had a match after getting my Mino where I was last man alive on my team and still had over 1mill tanked with several Stalins and support focusing me.

Happened a while back, but had either a Henri IV or a Saint Louis ground himself on an island as I charged him in my Yamato, do a paint scraper torp dodge, rammed him, then proceeded to pull a consecutive drive by on a buddy of his with another paint scraper torp dodge.

taking my Clemson into Tier IV CV fights and dodging their strikes.

Getting those airplane kills with Japanese nonAA boat DDs.

[SBNA]
[SBNA]
Members
86 posts
4,130 battles

Unspoken coordination in Random with a couple of strangers where everything just flows perfectly and we're wrecking everything in sight. Especially if we're the weak flank and outnumbered. That or when you are beat up and running in your BB and blap that cruiser who yolo's you thinking he's got an easy kill.

[SALVO]
Members
8,303 posts
6,174 battles
On 8/28/2020 at 12:09 AM, VonSchoenvorts said:

What is happiness?...

I define hapiness as having my needs fulfiled, as not being in need of anything.

In the context of a F2P game with rampant monetization schemes, it makes me happy not needing to buy the month's trincket to fully enjoy the game.

Edited by ArIskandir