Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ferrytap

Yoshino or Thunderer?

First T10 coal ship. Yoshino or Thunderer?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yoshino or Thunderer?

• Yoshino cruiser
    • Thunderer BB

5 comments in this topic

[FFG30]
Members
123 posts
6,572 battles

Hi, I have enough coals to get my first tier 10 coal ships. Which is better for my first and only T10 ship? Yoshino or Thunderer? I may be able to buy another T10 ,G. Kurfurst ,later. 

[CRUEL]
Members
548 posts
10,125 battles
32 minutes ago, Ferrytap said:

Hi, I have enough coals to get my first tier 10 coal ships. Which is better for my first and only T10 ship? Yoshino or Thunderer? I may be able to buy another T10 ,G. Kurfurst ,later. 

Honestly dont get caught in the t10 trap. Grab pommern. I dont have it yet but if you want a bb it seems to be fun, fast and armored. I have thunderer and it is boring. And while yoshino has it's good points your not gonna drive into a cap against 3 ships and come out a winner like you will the pom. I hardly play t10. T9 is usually a lot more fun. Also t9 has a much better credit pay out. Dont be in such a hurry to t10. My 2 cents

• Cool 3

[V_V_V]
Members
1,076 posts
17,749 battles

I have both, and find both are accurate near max range, but not great at brawls.  Depends on how you plan to use them and for what missions, YMMV.  If you feel compelled to get one or the other, I'd get Thunderer.  See LWM's reviews of both ships.

Otherwise at present, Pommern sounds most fun.  I'm getting her next.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
819 posts
10,926 battles
2 hours ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Honestly dont get caught in the t10 trap. Grab pommern. I dont have it yet but if you want a bb it seems to be fun, fast and armored. I have thunderer and it is boring. And while yoshino has it's good points your not gonna drive into a cap against 3 ships and come out a winner like you will the pom. I hardly play t10. T9 is usually a lot more fun. Also t9 has a much better credit pay out. Dont be in such a hurry to t10. My 2 cents

I think the one payoff of having a tier 10 would be a snowflake event where having a tier 10 would get you a super container as opposed to coal or steel?
And one of those events is quite possibly having next month if rumor is accurate?

I'm not an expert in these things btw.  I too have the Thunderer and it's not the most exciting ship IMO either.  I've enough coal now for another ship and been looking at either the Yoshino or Salem strictly because they are tier 10.  But because neither excite me, I'm just continuing to earn coal and seeing what, if anything brews between now and December coupon expiry.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this