Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FrancisVonBismarck

How to properly watch replays?

6 comments in this topic

Members
34 posts
4,550 battles

Is there way to watch replays without having to close the game every time I have a good match and want to see the replay?

It's quite annoying having to close the game, wait for it to load, then wait for the battle replay to load, specially when I'm browsing trhough my replays looking for a specific one.

[CVA16]
Members
6,466 posts
20,080 battles

Awaiting an answer from those more knowledgeable, but I think the process is the frustrating one you describe.

Not sure why WG doesn't have that in-game mode to view your replays.

Members
5,725 posts
11,170 battles

Nope - you have to open and close each time.  The replay is not really a replay - it stores the game data itself rather than a "video" of the game and as such needs to use the client to create the replay actions.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
21 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Awaiting an answer from those more knowledgeable, but I think the process is the frustrating one you describe.

Not sure why WG doesn't have that in-game mode to view your replays.

I'm a steam user, its even worse for me.   When I attempt to launch the replay, Steam prompts an error message and I have to be ready to click it instantly, if I don't, it won't load the replay and instead just launches the game normally.     Its obnoxious.

Members
34 posts
4,550 battles
4 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I'm a steam user, its even worse for me.   When I attempt to launch the replay, Steam prompts an error message and I have to be ready to click it instantly, if I don't, it won't load the replay and instead just launches the game normally.     Its obnoxious.

Know that feel, at first I was really confused because WoWs just launched normally.

[CVA16]
Members
6,466 posts
20,080 battles
11 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Nope - you have to open and close each time.  The replay is not really a replay - it stores the game data itself rather than a "video" of the game and as such needs to use the client to create the replay actions.

But why can't this all be done within the game?

Ideally:

Load the game normally.

Open the replay mode.

Scroll thru your replays

Pick one and it "plays"

Dumps you back into the port afterwards where you can re-enter the replay mode (or better yet be dumped back to the replay mode where you can decide to return to game mode or pick a replay.

There could be something that makes the two modes look similar but are actually incompatible. But WG could at least let us know why it has never been done.

Sign in to follow this