You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

ST 0.9.9 new ships - what do you think?

30 comments in this topic

[MELON]
Members
894 posts
2,631 battles

Excited for the hizen and especially Strasbourg. Dunkerque is one of my favorite premiums and having a tier 7 would be great 

• Cool 4

[V1LIN]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
10,441 battles

30 second reload in the preliminary while some "obese" ships get 40 second derps.  :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

0 posts

If there is anything I have learned from the Pommern is more guns are better. Plymouth and Hizen seem really interesting.

• Cool 2

[HSD]
Members
782 posts
12,757 battles

14.3km on Plymouth's guns, oof. Pretty much locks her into the range mod. Or you play a dangerous game of milking the bloom limit and hope you can kill your target quick enough to go dark from more distant ships. Considering the general meta of T10 though I think the range mod will be the way to go. She only has .3km range over the Mysore.

Also still no decent Captain trainer for RN CLs outside of Exeter and her XP earnings are hamstrung by tier.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,125 posts
6,782 battles

I must say that I'm actually not surprised to see Z-44. When Z-35, a gunboat variant of German DD's, was released a while ago, I had a hunch that we might see an opposite, a torpboat variant, someday. Well, it looks like Z-44 seems to be just that. However, I'm not sure what to make of her lack of hydro, TBH. :Smile_hiding:

[TWE]
Beta Testers
314 posts
1,725 battles

Mysore is pretty cool to have in game. Glad to see more representation in the Commonwealth TT but I would have bet dollars to donuts that the first INS premium would have been Delhi.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 hour ago, Did_I_hurt_U said:

P2W cash grab wut i think.

You think all 5 ships are pay to win?

1 hour ago, Koogus said:

Excited for the hizen and especially Strasbourg. Dunkerque is one of my favorite premiums and having a tier 7 would be great 

I would take Hizen and z-44.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
55 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I must say that I'm actually not surprised to see Z-44. When Z-35, a gunboat variant of German DD's, was released a while ago, I had a hunch that we might see an opposite, a torpboat variant, someday. Well, it looks like Z-44 seems to be just that. However, I'm not sure what to make of her lack of hydro, TBH. :Smile_hiding:

Do you think it will be sold like pommern? coal and doubloons?

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,624 battles

I think they got the name wrong with Mysore, should be Eyesore...she sure ain't purty. :Smile_hiding:

phpipakEP

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Really, none of these ships "move the needle" for me. 

Strassburg -- under-armored, eight small inaccurate guns, over-rated main battery booster gimmick. 

Hizen -- more big gun spam, vaguely in the vein of the new USN BBs. 

Z-44 -- looks notably worse than the existing German DDs, not just different, questionable torpedo focus, horrible AA with no DP main batteries at tier IX.  I guess it's supposed to fit in the silly new "turn off your AA" meta?  

Mysore -- I already have Perth.  

Plymouth -- well, OK, Plymouth at least looks like it has a hell of a tookbox to bring to the job site, with smoke, radar, hydro, and repair party all available at once.  

[WOLF8]
Members
8,125 posts
6,782 battles
43 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Do you think it will be sold like pommern? coal and doubloons?

I have no idea, lol. 

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
16 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Really, none of these ships "move the needle" for me. 

Strassburg -- under-armored, eight small inaccurate guns, over-rated main battery booster gimmick. 

Hizen -- more big gun spam, vaguely in the vein of the new USN BBs. 

Z-44 -- looks notably worse than the existing German DDs, not just different, questionable torpedo focus, horrible AA with no DP main batteries at tier IX.  I guess it's supposed to fit in the silly new "turn off your AA" meta?  

Mysore -- I already have Perth.  

Plymouth -- well, OK, Plymouth at least looks like it has a hell of a tookbox to bring to the job site, with smoke, radar, hydro, and repair party all available at once.  

I SERIOUSLY hope that strasbourg dont get dunkerque anemic gun accuracy,its what killed the ship for me.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,291 battles

No need for Hizen if you have Musashi. I'd rather have the nine 460mm guns with 26 sec reload. Mush is a beastly tank. The Strassbourg will make a tasty snack for the Lyon.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
18,291 battles
32 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I have no idea, lol. 

By the looks of the premium icon (gold and white) the Plymouth is likely going to be a coal ship

image.png.fa59b97c9492e99facf70bb45e451aad.png

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Poor hapa, ignored again.  :Smile_facepalm:

I posted my feedback both places, trying to do that much at least. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[SOFOP]
Members
2,484 posts
15,373 battles

Why would you post a feedback thread when Hapa already posted one.....sort if odd.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

Why would you post a feedback thread when Hapa already posted one.....sort if odd.

I think the idea was to point people to the thread Hapa created, not create a separate discussion here.  

~~~~

@Cruxdei -- 1.7 sigma, 253 dispersion, likely FR BB cone, 885 HE muzzle, 870 AP muzzle