You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

FDR

57 comments in this topic

[-1]
Members
812 posts
11,756 battles

What a great design. I was playing Baltimore and rocket planes just slowly went through my def AA and killed me with three strikes. One was over 9k through the nose. Friendly Hayate was within 1 km. Game becomes better and better--heavy anti AA cruiser can be just deleted by CV within first 5 mins.

Enjoy this B S

Edited by dimzzy
  • Cool 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts
16 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

What a great design. I was playing Baltimore and rocket planes just slowly went through my def AA and killed me with three strikes. One was over 9k through the nose. Friendly Hayate was within 1 km. Game becomes better and better--heavy anti AA cruiser can be just deleted by CV within first 5 mins.

Keep in mind that it's a ship that is still in testing, not available to players yet.  It's pretty rare that a ship gets through testing without being hit over the head with the nerf bat.

Not saying it doesn't need nerfed, no idea, if it does, I hope it is.  Just saying test ships as they are in testing, are kinda rare to hit live in that exact state.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
47 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

You are a t8, against a top t10 CV. 

No chance for you.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,323 posts
14,923 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

I think you ran into someone that is extremely good with CV's and that you would have had pretty much the same result against any tier 10 CV. The FDR trades weaker attacks with a quick turn around for follow up attacks for strong attacks aka alpha strike with a long cool down for follow up attacks and is very much a work in progress, expect changes.

1 hour ago, Felipe_1982 said:

No chance for you.

My suggestion for AA smoothing was for a plus modifier to damage for lower tier AA and a minus modifier for higher tier AA.

Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
5 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Enjoy this B S

honestly based on the replay, your just as much at fault, the cv focused you cause you where the only radar ship, plus your priorty sector and Def AA where off sync, plus it is well known tier 8 AA does little to tier 10 planes. Stop blaming the cv for everything.

• Cool 5
  • Meh 7

[CLUMP]
Members
1,885 posts
2,412 battles
4 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

No chance for you.

:Smile_great: 

10 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

honestly based on the replay, your just as much at fault, the cv focused you cause you where the only radar ship, plus your priorty sector and Def AA where off sync, plus it is well known tier 8 AA does little to tier 10 planes. Stop blaming the cv for everything.

Bet you if a tier 10 BB citadels him and takes half his HP away he wouldn't be complaining about it :Smile_trollface:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

are we finally back to the good ol days of nuke burst rts cvs?

[D33P6]
Members
572 posts

No need to worry!  Dev blog has said they are reducing the number of rockets on attack aircraft from 30 to 28!  A whopping total of 4 rockets!

A couple of players said that FDR is going to, or suspect, it to perform worse than Midway.   Yeah, I don't believe it.

Now to comment on your short clip.

You didn't use your reinforce sector after first run.  It almost seemed like you forgot about the attack aircraft and didn't use it again.  You're also a Tier VIII in a Tier X game.  You're going to have a hard time.  Just think their are some Tier VII ships having to deal with a Mushahi.

[O7]
Members
4 posts
21,754 battles

its almost as if in the year and a half since the rework was introduced cvs still have not been balanced. One could argue that wargaming actively hurts their own game in favor of selling op ships in the form of premiums and early access but that would be too easy.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

Amen.

The Harug helped out too......what a gross overstatement that 'it killed in 3 strikes'. Sitting blatantly broadside to the strikes too. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
1,374 posts
7,142 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

Bet you if a tier 10 BB citadels him and takes half his HP away he wouldn't be complaining about it :Smile_trollface:

One day I believe even the dimmest pro-CV poster will figure out the massive difference between these two scenarios. 

But it won't be today. 

• Cool 1

[GT99]
Members
802 posts
13,074 battles
7 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Enjoy this B S

It's fine, you shot down 2 planes. /s

• Haha 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,945 battles
3 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Nope.  A GK getting nuked by RTS Midway.

6MHIIiI.gif

• Cool 2

[12TF]
9,224 posts
3 hours ago, Cruxdei said:

Not even close.

[-1]
Members
812 posts
11,756 battles
12 hours ago, Sumseaman said:

Amen.

The Harug helped out too......what a gross overstatement that 'it killed in 3 strikes'. Sitting blatantly broadside to the strikes too. 

Baltimore does not turn that fast--it's not a DD. Your argument is not valid.

[-1]
Members
812 posts
11,756 battles
13 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

There is a big difference between BB and CV. I generally know where BB is and I angle against the shells. Also there is a cap skill that says if you are being targeted. In most cases it's easy to avoid being blapped by BB, especially at the start of the game. Yes, I know that planes are flying nearby, but I can't always dodge them, especially if it implies showing broadside to BBs.

What you wrote was written here a lot of times, stop being a parrot please.

[-1]
Members
812 posts
11,756 battles
13 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

How it's my fault that I'm the only radar ship, my sector does not switch that fast and my AA doesn't do anything against the planes? How on Earth it's my fault? Are you implying that my mistake was to play Baltimore? How it's my fault that I went to support my DD at cap in AA cruiser and failed to defend myself??? What's wrong with you?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PRT]
Members
126 posts

Well, t8 cruiseres vs t10 premium CV, check

Full Broadside for a hvar rocket strike, check

Dont check minimap and waste a radar, check

Yolo to the point, check

Only want to do damage to the haru and don't bother turn to mitigate HVAR attacks, check

Yep, blame CV it's too [edited]OP for some minds.

• Funny 1
  • Meh 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles

1st suggestion - More time dodging.....less time reporting.     you know, sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.   A T8 CA in a T10 match...You're the bug most of the time.   FTR your AA isn't what you think it is, especially against the highest HP planes in the game.    If that CV player doesn't hit some flak...  yea no... 

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
15 hours ago, LastRemnant said:

Of course! When i hit 32,40k with a BB on Riga or Tallinn no one complains. If i hit 11k-15k with airplanes they immediately complain.

15 hours ago, lordholland4293 said:

I dont understand why he didnt take 0º , he allowed an anle of at least 45-50º

If enterpsie can land a 7k strike, FDR can easily hit for 11k.

• Cool 2

[12TF]
9,224 posts
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:

How it's my fault that I'm the only radar ship, my sector does not switch that fast and my AA doesn't do anything against the planes? How on Earth it's my fault? Are you implying that my mistake was to play Baltimore? How it's my fault that I went to support my DD at cap in AA cruiser and failed to defend myself??? What's wrong with you?

You could have avoided a bunch of damage by simply turning into the rocket planes.  Dive bombers you want to give broadside to, they want to do their damage along the length of your ship, either aft to stern or stern to aft (except a few CVs).  Torps and rockets, you turn into because they want the opposite and want to hit the side of your ship. 

Watching that second and third strike, it's almost like you opened up broadside for the CV player, on purpose and took a whole ton of perfectly avoidable damage.

Not saying the ship doesn't need a nerf, maybe it does.  I am saying though on those last two strikes, you basically said "here, let me make this easy for you" and just sailed in a perfectly straight line or turned to give him a BETTER broadside shot.

[BONKS]
Members
2,844 posts
52 battles

Not sure why you single out the FDR. Pretty much any other T10 CV could have killed you a lot faster.

[PRT]
Members
126 posts
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Not sure why you single out the FDR. Pretty much any other T10 CV could have killed you a lot faster.

MVR could dev strike him on the first full broadside pass lol

[SGSS]
Members
6,206 posts
21 hours ago, dimzzy said:

Enjoy this B S

Its funny I was in a Balty and killed in 1 shot by a BB.

See everyone can play.

What shop were you in that was killed in 3 shot?