You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

King of the Sea XI Tournament

32 comments in this topic

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
3 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Read it on the portal

Can you complete the Collection without competing>?   Many of us don't play Clan Battles......nor, could we get 9-12 players to even attempt them.... 

Is this collection "exclusive?"

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,882 posts
22,492 battles
6 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Can you complete the Collection without competing>?   Many of us don't play Clan Battles......nor, could we get 9-12 players to even attempt them.... 

Is this collection "exclusive?"

Last KOTS, they released a mission chain for the KOTS collection containers, and I think there were also some unlocked by linking and viewing the streams on Twitch.

[WPE-2]
Members
6 posts
17,941 battles

Three via a combat mission that can be activated by clicking a button in an article on our website. I've looked for this....is not available yet?

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles
10 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

Last KOTS, they released a mission chain for the KOTS collection containers, and I think there were also some unlocked by linking and viewing the streams on Twitch.

^^^THIS^^^

The same will be true this KoTS.

This was advertised all over the place as well btw, during our regional streams, in the articles, in posts on here. We will probably be doing the same thing this season.

-Hapa

[PELTS]
Beta Testers
2,145 posts
30,145 battles

@Hapa_FodderHere is the announcement for KOTS 11 in my game center when I loaded it this morning.  How the heck can these battles be at 6am Pacific time?   I sure hope this is a misprint by WG and they are talking about the EU tournament even though it doesn't say that.  Thanks.

Qualifying stage: Sun. Sep. 13 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Sep. 13 6:00 AM
Group stage: Sat. Sep. 19 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sat. Sep. 19 6:00 AM
Round of 32+16: Sun. Sep. 20 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Sep. 20 6:00 AM
Regional Finals Day 1: Sat. Sep. 26 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sat. Sep. 26 6:00 AM
Regional Finals Day 2: Sun. Sep. 27 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Sep. 27 7:00 AM
International Final Day 1: Sat. Oct. 10 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sat. Oct. 10 6:00 AM
International Final Day 2: Sun. Oct. 11 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Oct. 11 6:00 AM
  • Meh 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles
7 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

@Hapa_FodderHere is the announcement for KOTS 11 in my game center when I loaded it this morning.  How the heck can these battles be at 6am Pacific time?   I sure hope this is a misprint by WG and they are talking about the EU tournament even though it doesn't say that.  Thanks.

Qualifying stage: Sun. Sep. 13 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Sep. 13 6:00 AM
Regional Finals Day 1: Sat. Sep. 26 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sat. Sep. 26 6:00 AM
Regional Finals Day 2: Sun. Sep. 27 7:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Sep. 27 7:00 AM
International Final Day 1: Sat. Oct. 10 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sat. Oct. 10 6:00 AM
International Final Day 2: Sun. Oct. 11 6:00 AM PT / your local time: Sun. Oct. 11 6:00 AM

I'll trade you for the 1am   :Smile_trollface:

image.png.dd27967ce58b3504211642b7d673adb4.png

Anyone have a guess...

if I missed some containers last time, is there anyway to catch up?  e.g containers in armoury... or is this now a collection I'll never finish, so I may as well give up on finding any of these KOTS containers?

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles
15 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

We are working with the organizers to correct these times, thank you for catching this!

-Hapa

Members
51 posts
6,094 battles
7 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

if I missed some containers last time, is there anyway to catch up?  e.g containers in armoury... or is this now a collection I'll never finish, so I may as well give up on finding any of these KOTS containers?

I think there will be 8 maximum attainable containers, like last KOTS

• Thanks 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
11,232 battles
10 minutes ago, I_Like_Turtles222 said:

I think there will be 8 maximum attainable containers, like last KOTS

Thanks.  Last time KOTS was on, I had no idea what Twitch was, or that I had to watch to get the last 2 containers.  i thought I had them all at 6.  Even if I had twitch, it would have been unlikely I would have watched the streams anyway.

Kindof like how we can't get Amazon Prime in my country so we miss out on a few loots (and movies).   Oh well.  

[OGF]
Members
1,081 posts
35,835 battles

A lot of dates were mentioned.  Will we be able to start earning KOTS collection items tomorrow, or at one of the later dates?  Thanks!  o7

[SCCC]
Members
109 posts
4,689 battles
19 minutes ago, madgiecool said:

Anyone have a guess...

You didn't miss any containers. It's a collection and you can get half of the items for the collection from one official streams of one KOTS, then you've gotta wait until the next KOTS to get the other half. The collection rewards a Tier VII premium ship container.

[KSF]
Privateers
361 posts
13,076 battles
5 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

A lot of dates were mentioned.  Will we be able to start earning KOTS collection items tomorrow, or at one of the later dates?  Thanks!  o7

My guess. like last time, would be sometime after the patch drops on Wensday

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

^^^THIS^^^

The same will be true this KoTS.

This was advertised all over the place as well btw, during our regional streams, in the articles, in posts on here. We will probably be doing the same thing this season.

-Hapa

Many of us don't stream......  It's a lot easier to ask and have a concise "fact sheet" than endure endless advertisements.......most of which, many of us do not participate in....nor, do they seem to be clear at times.........

1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Thanks for the data. 

I suspect that it might take several iterations of KOTS mission chains because many of us do not stream, do not play Clan Battles or whatever this KOTS actually is; so, we few take whatever is left......  Thanks for the info.  I'm mostly retired from full time play and completely done with spending.....

I'm just a simple old horse soldier: and, a simple fact sheet is more relevant than endless promotion; confusing and sometime less than accurate information; and, sometimes misleading or in-error data as we have seen and discussed recently......  Getting old sucks........so much to do and so little time.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,709 battles
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

Many of us don't stream......  It's a lot easier to ask and have a concise "fact sheet" than endure endless advertisements.......most of which, many of us do not participate in....nor, do they seem to be clear at times.........

Thanks for the data. 

I suspect that it might take several iterations of KOTS mission chains because many of us do not stream, do not play Clan Battles or whatever this KOTS actually is; so, we few take whatever is left......  Thanks for the info.  I'm mostly retired from full time play and completely done with spending.....

I'm just a simple old horse soldier: and, a simple fact sheet is more relevant than endless promotion; confusing and sometime less than accurate information; and, sometimes misleading or in-error data as we have seen and discussed recently......  Getting old sucks........so much to do and so little time.

The issue we have is if we don't spam articles people say we don't put information out enough, if we do, people say we spam too much.

We would rather have people say we are putting out information too much, than not enough.

To get the KoTS containers you don't have to stream, you just will have to watch the competitions on streams and if I remember correctly there will be a mission as well.

Also, right now the announcement is for the people that want to participate in the competitions, there will be more information based around the collection later.

-hapa

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
16 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

The issue we have is if we don't spam articles people say we don't put information out enough, if we do, people say we spam too much.

We would rather have people say we are putting out information too much, than not enough.

To get the KoTS containers you don't have to stream, you just will have to watch the competitions on streams and if I remember correctly there will be a mission as well.

Also, right now the announcement is for the people that want to participate in the competitions, there will be more information based around the collection later.

-hapa

I understand the "dammed if you do and dammed if you don't" paradigm.........  And, there is a solution we, those of us who ran international businesses CS programs, figured out about 2 decades ago:  publish a strategic schedule and put it in each customer's corporate "on line product home page....or, as in this game, the players Captain's Logbook......!"  Every customer had a "hard fact" sheet that pertained to their owned products or programs they participate in.....  They never had to ask, read advertisements or endless promotional stuff....... "just the facts ma'am...."  Figured I'd share what worked in an elusive, international, small niche customer support process and system.......  Open your CPT Logbook and there are the next three events in a time line and the Rewards, the Requirements and the necessary Rules to participate (R3's).   I'd also put those informational links, everyone seems to ask for in the forum, in the Logbook..........  And, if your team really wanted to get out of the box, I'd put links to solid and approved player forum responses and videos to the most asked CS questions......   There some exceptionally talented  players that write EXSUMs as an "Idiots guide to WoWs events....."  Use them!!!

:cap_book:

Ah, heck, what do I know......... 

• Cool 3

[ABCD3]
Members
524 posts
15,132 battles

Finally, it is back so we can complete the final eight (corrected.  thought it was four).  Same as before, missions and watch the streams to collect.   

Edited by RickPatton

[OGF]
Members
1,081 posts
35,835 battles
On 8/27/2020 at 10:44 AM, Asym_KS said:

....  Open your CPT Logbook and there are the next three events in a time line and the Rewards, the Requirements and the necessary Rules to participate (R3's).   I'd also put those informational links, everyone seems to ask for in the forum, in the Logbook....

This sounds great!  It would be nice if the Logbook was actually useful for something, rather than just showing most of us stuff we'll never be able to get.

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
5,309 posts
24,204 battles
4 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

This sounds great!  It would be nice if the Logbook was actually useful for something, rather than just showing most of us stuff we'll never be able to get.

Tell Happa that as well..........  It only makes sense.

[FU8AR]
Alpha Tester
506 posts
10,342 battles

Can you kindly explain this?

One via a free random recurring bundle that can be found in the Armory.

I am guessing this means we need credits, steel, or coal for this crate?  Or will this be 'free' when we purchase doubloons/premium time?

Thanks!

[MR-1]
Members
1,993 posts
23,275 battles

King of the sea tournament ......... lots of players will be working  at the specified times 

as for the collection 

If you collected all eight elements during the previous King of the Sea tournament, you will now be able to complete the collection!

i only  got 6 pieces for the collection the last time  so how can i complete it