You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mozoilla02

Results From My Summer Sale Spending Spree

28 comments in this topic

[TXC]
Members
75 posts
5,616 battles

So I spent $60 on summer tokens and got Massa B(The only ship I ever wanted in this game) and atago b and 30ish days of premium and from one of the containers I got 1250 doubloons and opened one kreigsmarine container and got the z 39. I then decided to gamble on some of the kreigsmarine containers cause alot of my clan mates got pommerns from them, so I spent $100 on crates (alot more then I wanted) and got the rest of the ships (Mainz, Hipper, Pomm). So in total I spent $160 on ships and got $250 worth of ships. Im pretty happy since I got the Massa and pomm. 

How was everyone elses summer spending spree?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,827 battles

I have acquired 48 Frosty Fir Tree camos and a few dragon flags of some sort. The lootboxes have not been kind.

Of course, I also bought a Tier V container and got Huanghe. I don't know how to feel about that.

And I used the tokens to get Vampire and Atlanta.

So not a total loss, but the random draws have not been in my favor.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,763 posts
25,521 battles
Just now, Incomitatus said:

I have acquired 48 Frosty Fir Tree camos and a few dragon flags of some sort. The lootboxes have not been kind.

Of course, I also bought a Tier V container and got Huanghe. I don't know how to feel about that.

And I used the tokens to get Vampire and Atlanta.

So not a total loss, but the random draws have not been in my favor.

If you like cruisers, you probably should enjoy the Huanghe. It is actually quite fun once you get the hang of her gimmick. She was universally panned when released but IMHO, is a nice choice for cruiser players. The Vampire and Atlanta are super fun too. Seems to me you acquired some really nice ships, I hope you enjoy playing them!

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,827 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

If you like cruisers, you probably should enjoy the Huanghe. It is actually quite fun once you get the hang of her gimmick. She was universally panned when released but IMHO, is a nice choice for cruiser players. The Vampire and Atlanta are super fun too. Seems to me you acquired some really nice ships, I hope you enjoy playing them!

I do like cruisers. I'm sort-of a cruiser main. "Sort-of" because I play all classes, but I do have more games in cruisers than other types. I haven't Huanghe out yet. I've taken Atlanta out in one Co-op match and had fun... and got reported by a player who said they report all HE-spamming ships. So there's that: it's good to know people are bitter about things other than CVs still.

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles

I spent coal and 1500 steel and got the Pommern and if I can finish the mission tomorrow, I will let you know what I get from the big Santa container.

Update: I got 8 days premium from an Asian container. I already had all the ships from the Santa ones, so I didn't try because it doesn't give doubloons for a ship you already have. My only chance to get a ship was the Asian, no ship but, I will take the 8 days.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,684 posts
23,726 battles
45 minutes ago, mozoilla02 said:

So I spent $60 on summer tokens and got Massa B(The only ship I ever wanted in this game) and atago b and 30ish days of premium and from one of the containers I got 1250 doubloons and opened one kreigsmarine container and got the z 39. I then decided to gamble on some of the kreigsmarine containers cause alot of my clan mates got pommerns from them, so I spent $100 on crates (alot more then I wanted) and got the rest of the ships (Mainz, Hipper, Pomm). So in total I spent $160 on ships and got $250 worth of ships. Im pretty happy since I got the Massa and pomm. 

Over 3 days bought 180 tokens. 

Enterprise,  Warspite and Ark Royal. 2k dubs, 25k coal and 42 of the special flags.

Already had Pommern from Armory,  bought 2 single Kriegsmarine boxes....

Got the ship i wanted, MAINZ.

As a collector of ships I just had to get Enterprise. 

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,190 posts
10,784 battles

Well, I bought a Santa's Big Gift container with the free tokens and pulled Asashio, then I said, I could justify a little spending for the Air Supply containers. First one, pulled Enterprise. Then I bought the rest of the Santa's Big Gift containers, got nothing of note. And three Black Friday 2019 containers, nothing of note except 1,250 doubloons. Decided then to get enough tokens for Vampire and Koenig Albert, and so far I'm happy with my decisions.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[BUOY]
Members
1,327 posts
16,850 battles

Bought 15 containers with tokens...

5x Xmas: 1k dubs

5x LNY: Anshan perma

5x Halloween: nada

So... pretty much a strike out for this event.

[EQRN]
Members
2,236 posts
20,484 battles

I bought one set of daily tokens plus the combat mission got me the 5 xmas containers since all I wanted was premium time and those containers seemed to have the best premium time/cost.  Got camos and signals :cap_old:

Members
65 posts
254 battles

Not sure if i'm done yet but the count so far:

5 x Black Friday 2018 - No ships

1 x Black Friday 2019 - Scharnhorst B

4 x Air Supply - Kaga

5 x Santa - Exeter

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,691 posts
4,524 battles

Those Black Friday perma-camos look amazing. I have the Asashio, GZ, and Tirpitz but the one I want most is the Massa B. A great camo on what seems like such a fun ship. Would love to get a Scharny B too, maybe during the next Black Friday event.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,395 posts
18,351 battles

Bought three days' worth of tokens. Pulled Boise from Santa crates; Saipan, Enterprise and Graf Zeppelin from Air Supply (that did NOT happen the last time I opened five of those), and spent most of the rest on Konig Albert (I already had Vampire).

So I wound up with five premium ships (two of them on the banned list) for just a couple dollars (CDN) more than the Boise costs in the shop. RNGesus was good to me.

Separately I bought the Mainz, because it was my 3rd anniversary in the game and I was given a discount coupon.

I elected not to spend any more after that. Of the eight Black ships, I already have one (Asashio), I own the originals of three of the others, and another (Alaska) I could have for free if I wanted it. Tirpitz and Massachusetts fill no niches that aren't already taken care of by Odin and Georgia, and Atago I will probably buy at some point in the future (next anniversary?).

Meanwhile, I stand as much chance of pulling a camo I can't use and don't need out of the Lunar New Year boxes as a ship, and most of the Halloween camos are superfluous (I already have permas for the ships in question or I don't want it because I neither want nor need the ship). So I stand too much chance of winning something I don't want, even if my run of luck were to continue.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles

5 Air Drop Containers   - Enterprise

5 Big Santa Crates - Haida,  Perth & 14 days Premium

5 2018 Black Friday Containers - Mass B, 8 days premium,  & 1000 doubloons

5 Asian lantern  - 8 days premium & 1500 doubloons

Not mentioning the camos and signals...     So cannot complain about the $50 spent.   Enterprise of course was the real prize from this score and would have gladly spent that on this single ship..   was time to re-up premium as well, so worked out good for me.  Of Course YMMV!      

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

5 x santa

5 x air drop

nothing-but-flags

IMHO crates are predatory, not worth it.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
8 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I spent coal and 1500 steel and got the Pommern and if I can finish the mission tomorrow, I will let you know what I get from the big Santa container.

Did I miss the memo on a mission here?

[PVE]
Members
11,069 posts
19,170 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Did I miss the memo on a mission here?

The summer sale missions. It's the last day today to finish them and get your15 summer sale tokens. Which can net you one of three types of containers that may drop a ship.

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
10 hours ago, mozoilla02 said:

I have got: Massa B, Sims B, Scharnhorst B, Bajie, Wukong, Enterprise.

I would like to get Hipper, but i am afraid to spend on 25 boxes and dont get her. Already have Mainz and Pommern.

Pommern is the funniest ship i ever played on ranked!

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 hours ago, Aivris said:

Those Black Friday perma-camos look amazing. I have the Asashio, GZ, and Tirpitz but the one I want most is the Massa B. A great camo on what seems like such a fun ship. Would love to get a Scharny B too, maybe during the next Black Friday event.

The ones i have got! Scharn B and Massa B!

• Cool 1

Members
65 posts
254 battles
6 hours ago, armakel said:

Not sure if i'm done yet but the count so far:

1 x Black Friday 2019 - Scharnhorst B

4 x Air Supply - Kaga

5 x Santa - Exeter

Update:

Bought another round of tokens today and got another ship.

3 x Black Friday 2019 - Scharnhorst B

5 x Air Supply - Kaga & Saipan

5 x Santa - Exeter

Calculated the ratio of what I spent versus what those ships cost when bought individually(without coupon):

Paid 0.4435 of their regular price combined, not too shabby..

Really would have liked to get the Mass B and Alaska B but can't say I'm not pleased with the drops so far.

Edited by armakel

[GOB]
Members
2,736 posts

First , I am cool with all the flags , Camos, dubs and Prime time ( last thing I needed though, I had over 800 days ) 

People need to be careful of how they let these posts about VERY RARE instances of multiple ships out of so few crates influence them .

I was guilty of this myself when I got that assahio B from my first 2 BF crates and then I got a Hipper too.

Well I got caught up in my own hype and never saw another ship in over 20 or more crates..  bought tokens for all santa crates 2019 2018 BF crates and 18 KM crates.

Posts like mine and those in this thread get people all excited about getting SHIPS.. Some of you list 4 or 5 HARD to get ships you got.

Sure , I got tons of flags and Camos but I had those.. Not griping about that but if you read our posts ( my early one ) we make it seem far to common to get dream ships.

I don't want to do WGs marketing for them so I won't be posting things like this anymore. 

Free SCs and such.. yes because it gives people hope , but no more hyping PAY for things that are so random.

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Meh 1

[AZUR1]
Members
224 posts
4,946 battles
11 hours ago, mozoilla02 said:

So in total I spent $160 on ships and got $250 worth of ships. Im pretty happy since I got the Massa and pomm.

For your case, you spent the correct amount of money on ships. In other words, those ships you got are not worth $250, but do worth $160.

[TXC]
Members
75 posts
5,616 battles
30 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

First , I am cool with all the flags , Camos, dubs and Prime time ( last thing I needed though, I had over 800 days ) 

People need to be careful of how they let these posts about VERY RARE instances of multiple ships out of so few crates influence them .

I was guilty of this myself when I got that assahio B from my first 2 BF crates and then I got a Hipper too.

Well I got caught up in my own hype and never saw another ship in over 20 or more crates..  bought tokens for all santa crates 2019 2018 BF crates and 18 KM crates.

Posts like mine and those in this thread get people all excited about getting SHIPS.. Some of you list 4 or 5 HARD to get ships you got.

Sure , I got tons of flags and Camos but I had those.. Not griping about that but if you read our posts ( my early one ) we make it seem far to common to get dream ships.

I don't want to do WGs marketing for them so I won't be posting things like this anymore. 

Free SCs and such.. yes because it gives people hope , but no more hyping PAY for things that are so random.

u think i should put like a disclaimer saying i got really lucky or?