Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

A Friendly Fire Incident

4 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles

Sometimes a game just puts you in the perfect spot to witness those one of a kind moments. It looked like a perfect torp shot, until...

[TF-64]
Members
563 posts
20,551 battles

Meh. Just admit all fault, apologize profusely and keep playing. I've found if you do this most people get that mistakes can happen in the heat of combat and are pretty chill about it. Most is the key word. 

[CNO]
Members
6,575 posts
19,762 battles
1 hour ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Meh. Just admit all fault, apologize profusely and keep playing. I've found if you do this most people get that mistakes can happen in the heat of combat and are pretty chill about it. Most is the key word. 

Yeah... that CA was getting  blasted by multiple ships, and had air (me) incoming and was low health in a very close game.  High stress moment, multi-tasking, attempting to get torps off before he dies.  It was a well aimed shot, right on the lead marker....just that friendly on a cross track coming the other way...oops.  I've been on all three sides of that equation a few times.  Shot 'em...ate 'em...shielded from 'em.  And now....the birds eye view.  

Oh, and in other news, note one of those times where the sloooowwww swordfish actually shine.  Watching the torps distracted me so much I overshot the bomb run vector.  The beauty of swordfish is the ability to turn tight and slow, pop the bomb run, and get a drop in a turn.  I actually had to pop the bomb run on the turn in order to get the drop queue in time.  I don't remember, as it would have been automatic, but I would have been full back on the throttle as well. 

Sign in to follow this