You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Approved Mod question

13 comments in this topic

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts

Does anyone know of an approved mod from a trustworthy source that will alter the icon color above ships in-game?  For example, the sideways triangle icon for DDs will appear blue, the one-lined CA icon is purple, etc.  Thanks.

[-A-8-]
Members
574 posts
23,006 battles

While I don't know of one specifically here is a link to the mod section on the forum. It includes the Mod Station (I've used some out of this for ages) and Aslains.

Taking a quick look in the Mod Station there is this, not sure if it's what you're looking for.

image.png.bb888d4c8e59ace4b465433fd6336302.png

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/254-modpacks/

Edited by wildgooseman

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
54 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

Does anyone know of an approved mod from a trustworthy source that will alter the icon color above ships in-game?  For example, the sideways triangle icon for DDs will appear blue, the one-lined CA icon is purple, etc.  Thanks.

I assume you mean change the colors of the reds.  It is possible, but I don't know a packaged mod.

Still, it implies a related problem - that you can't tell the difference between ship type just by the icons.  True?  Would larger icons help?

[CDOH]
Members
913 posts
8,510 battles

Only use the world of warships mod station.  This is the approved pack from wargaming.

it is also stable.  Other mods are just not worth the headache.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
12 minutes ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Only use the world of warships mod station.  This is the approved pack from wargaming.

it is also stable.  Other mods are just not worth the headache.

Bzzt!  Wrong.  All the mods in Aslain's pack are approved.  There's no guarantee of stability in either pack.  WG does not test the mods in the Modstation.

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,150 posts
4,345 battles

I don't know of any mods that do that exactly. Try looking through the WG Modpack and Aslain's modpack. Everything in those has been approved by WG. There's a lot of overlap between them too. But if you find something in there, it's good to go.

Also, not sure why you would need a color difference. Do you not have the full alternative interface on? Because then yeah the ship icons are important, but alt interface gives you enough information that you shouldn't need that.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Bzzt!  Wrong.  All the mods in Aslain's pack are approved.  There's no guarantee of stability in either pack.  WG does not test the mods in the Modstation.

Do you know if there's anything in Aslain's to change the color of olane reticles?

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts
52 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Also, not sure why you would need a color difference. Do you not have the full alternative interface on? Because then yeah the ship icons are important, but alt interface gives you enough information that you shouldn't need that.

To be able to tell at a glance what ship classes they are.  Age plus new desk that sits my monitor back farther makes it hard some times.

Edited by gbgentry

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,342 posts
14,924 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I assume you mean change the colors of the reds.  It is possible, but I don't know a packaged mod.

Still, it implies a related problem - that you can't tell the difference between ship type just by the icons.  True?  Would larger icons help?

The only over target icon I have had issue with was in the sub tests with the sub and DD icons as I had to train myself to look for the difference just as I do automatically with cruisers and BB's.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,328 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Do you know if there's anything in Aslain's to change the color of olane reticles?

Sorry, no.

1 hour ago, gbgentry said:

To be able to tell at a glance what ship classes they are.  Age plus new desk that sits my monitor back farther makes it hard some times.

Try making your mini-map bigger.  It won't make the icons bigger, but it will make it easier to read.  Keypad +/-.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
19 hours ago, gbgentry said:

Try changing the UI scale in settings.

I play in 4k, but I can't read anything. So I adjusted the scale so the UI is the size it would be in 1080p.

[F4E]
Alpha Tester
1,145 posts
36 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Try changing the UI scale in settings.

I play in 4k, but I can't read anything. So I adjusted the scale so the UI is the size it would be in 1080p.

Thanks!

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
38 minutes ago, gbgentry said:

Thanks!

No problem.:Smile_Default:

The slider isn't calibrated though, so you'll likely have to mess around with it a bit to find the best compromise between easier reading and less screen real estate being taken up.

Edited by Skpstr