You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Felipe_1982

Summer Sale 2020: Black Friday 2019 containers!

35 comments in this topic

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,014 posts
7,823 battles

Wow...   You really should be doing the lottery!   Pretty amazing RNG you are experiencing.   Honestly mines been incredible too.   I quit yesterday because there really isn't anything else out there I am chasing..  The other loot crates pretty much contain stuff i already have or the ones that contain things  I don't have,  I cannot buy more of.  I could do a premium ship crate.. but honestly not ships left in them I would buy?    So I've bought 4 days worth of tokens...  60 tokens each day and some free ones earned in game..  $52 USD or close.      I've received Enterprise, Perth, Haida, and Massachusetts B.  14 days premium time, and of course assorted camos and signals.   

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
21 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Wow...   You really should be doing the lottery!   Pretty amazing RNG you are experiencing.   Honestly mines been incredible too.   I quit yesterday because there really isn't anything else out there I am chasing..  The other loot crates pretty much contain stuff i already have or the ones that contain things  I don't have,  I cannot buy more of.  I could do a premium ship crate.. but honestly not ships left in them I would buy?    So I've bought 4 days worth of tokens...  60 tokens each day and some free ones earned in game..  $52 USD or close.      I've received Enterprise, Perth, Haida, and Massachusetts B.  14 days premium time, and of course assorted camos and signals.   

I never won anything... Believe me...

The drop rate is good on those!

I got 6 ships!

Today i was hoping to get GZ black and/or Alaska Black, but it came out Scharn and Sims! I cant complain about it!

You had a pretty good RNG too!

Tomorrow i will try those Halloween containers.

I am hoping to get North Carolina camo, but i know it is almost impossible. Lexxignton and Shokaku would be cool too, or Tirpitz.

• Thanks 1

Members
35 posts
6,413 battles

From the Black Friday crates (2018 & 2019) I got the Alaska. From the Santa crates I got the Ark Royal, Hipper and Mainz. No ships from Halloween yet. Here's what I got from 3 Air containers, the other 3 containers were just XP containers.

Screenshot (120).png

Edited by br93lx
  • Thanks 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
5 minutes ago, br93lx said:

From the Black Friday crates (2018 & 2019) I got the Alaska. From the Santa crates I got the Ark Royal, Hipper and Mainz. No ships from Halloween yet. Here's what I got from 3 Air containers, the other 3 containers were just XP containers.

Screenshot (120).png

You also got 6 ships!!!!

Pretty good!

Halloween has just camos, right?

Edited by Felipe_1982

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts

Congrats!

There are only 4-5 ships I 'want' in game, and a couple of others that I wouldn't be sad if I there were good odds to get them in a container - but the odds in getting those 5 ships out of the numerous ones available make the event a non- starter for me.

Nice to see others doing well with their purchases though. :cap_like:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,321 posts

Congrats to all the people that win big, but its probably time to stop posting this stuff.  It gives people the wrong idea on their chances of winning.  Yes, I know you're happy that you won and you want to tell everyone.  Ask yourself if that is actually helping the community.  It only does WG any good to have a bunch of people spend money and end up "losers" because they got the wrong idea on the odds.

For anyone that wants a dose of reality.  I got two santa containers from the tokens I earned in game and from buying items in the shop that include bonus tokens.  I got camo and coal.  I don't consider that a bad outcome since I understand that I'm only getting a chance to win a ship with these containers.  My advice would be to be careful with this stuff.  Personally, I'd stay away from buying just the tokens themselves, and get something from the shop that you actually want and will use that happens to comes with bonus tokens.  And, don't buy stuff you don't need.  The tokens/creates you get should be viewed as a nice bonus for spending money that you were already going to spend on the game.  If you don't need or want anything from the shop, then pass on this "sale".  Seriously, ask yourself is worth forking out your money if you feel like you can end up a loser?  Even if you "win" on the ship gamble it probably won't even be a ship you're going to play much, if at all.  Please think about that carefully.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,411 posts
12,646 battles
On 8/26/2020 at 10:08 AM, Slimeball91 said:

Congrats to all the people that win big, but its probably time to stop posting this stuff.  It gives people the wrong idea on their chances of winning.  Yes, I know you're happy that you won and you want to tell everyone.  Ask yourself if that is actually helping the community.  It only does WG any good to have a bunch of people spend money and end up "losers" because they got the wrong idea on the odds.

For anyone that wants a dose of reality.  I got two santa containers from the tokens I earned in game and from buying items in the shop that include bonus tokens.  I got camo and coal.  I don't consider that a bad outcome since I understand that I'm only getting a chance to win a ship with these containers.  My advice would be to be careful with this stuff.  Personally, I'd stay away from buying just the tokens themselves, and get something from the shop that you actually want and will use that happens to comes with bonus tokens.  And, don't buy stuff you don't need.  The tokens/creates you get should be viewed as a nice bonus for spending money that you were already going to spend on the game.  If you don't need or want anything from the shop, then pass on this "sale".  Seriously, ask yourself is worth forking out your money if you feel like you can end up a loser?  Even if you "win" on the ship gamble it probably won't even be a ship you're going to play much, if at all.  Please think about that carefully.

Look it’s not bad for the community only you know if you have the money to fool around with the crates  . There are lots of different crates with different ship drops in them all you have to do is pick the ones that have ships you want in them . Especially if you all ready have a lot of the ships in that container therefore maximizing you chance of getting the ship you want . There are ways to help you chances after that it’s RNG . Your right it’s like gambling never play with the rent money but if you have the money the summer sale when used smartly has been pretty generous with the ship drops IMHO . Just be smart if you don’t have the money then just use your free tokens don’t spend money you need for real life . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,728 posts
11,243 battles
1 hour ago, br93lx said:

From the Santa crates I got the Ark Royal, Hipper and Mainz.

I’m pretty sure your Admiral Hipper was a drop from one of the Kriegsmarine containers from the current event, as she is not a premium ship and is the most common ship drop in those crates.

Good haul, though. All four of the ships you got are some of my favorites.

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts
47 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I get your point: It's a difficult issue as no one wants to be negative about someone's good fortune - but, with many coming to the forums to say 'look what I got - I'm lucky, I'm a winner', it will cause some others to wish their luck was equally good. Then those others think - 'well why shouldn't my luck be equally good!' ...and then some try to make their luck equally good by buying more lol. It's a vicious circle, but that is exactly how WG makes their money!

For me, I wish WG would post the % chances to win from a container that way the facts are up front and it is up to the individual - It wouldn't matter if 20 people came on and said I won the Kami, Grem and GC - if I knew my chances were 0.01% of a chance in getting one; I just wouldn't bother (but then again I'm not bothering so... lol).

But I suspect if WG did post the % rates that would work against them - meanwhile people coming to the forum stating 'I'm a winner!' - makes people think 'I could be too!' - so works fine for them! :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,946 battles
35 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I get your point: It's a difficult issue as no one wants to be negative about someone's good fortune - but, with many coming to the forums to say 'look what I got - I'm lucky, I'm a winner', it will cause some others to wish their luck was equally good. Then those others think - 'well why shouldn't my luck be equally good!' ...and then some try to make their luck equally good by buying more lol. It's a vicious circle, but that is exactly how WG makes their money!

For me, I wish WG would post the % chances to win from a container that way the facts are up front and it is up to the individual - It wouldn't matter if 20 people came on and said I won the Kami, Grem and GC - if I knew my chances were 0.01% of a chance in getting one; I just wouldn't bother (but then again I'm not bothering so... lol).

But I suspect if WG did post the % rates that would work against them - meanwhile people coming to the forum stating 'I'm a winner!' - makes people think 'I could be too!' - so works fine for them! :cap_like:

I'm almost convinced RNG rates are based on user data at this point. Lotta people who don't play CV have been getting them like crazy. 

Also the reddit posts on this event are on fire, people are ANNNNNNNGRY.

• Cool 1

[MHG]
Members
456 posts
22,886 battles
2 hours ago, br93lx said:

Screenshot (120).png

Can you confirm that you got Hipper and Mainz from Santa crates and not the Kreigsmarine crates. Also, did you not already have Hipper researched and in your port?

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
2 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Congrats!

There are only 4-5 ships I 'want' in game, and a couple of others that I wouldn't be sad if I there were good odds to get them in a container - but the odds in getting those 5 ships out of the numerous ones available make the event a non- starter for me.

Nice to see others doing well with their purchases though. :cap_like:

I have a list...

1st Missouri, Jean Bart

2nd FDR, Paolo Emilio

3rd Tirpitz B, Graf Zeppelin B, Alaska B, ARPs, Dragons, Musashi.

Bajie, Wukong, Massa B and Enterprise were in the top.

2 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I had the feeling, but also i think it is good to see happy posts. These forums are filled with a lot of complain topics like hate to CV, hate to a ship nd all sort of bad feelings.

So i tought to bring something i have won it could make people feel good too.

I am always happy when i see a player getting a ship on a SC, or anything he wanted.

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

Look it’s not bad for the community only you know if you have the money to fool around with the crates  . There are lots of different crates with different ship drops in them all you have to do is pick the ones that have ships you want in them . Especially if you all ready have a lot of the ships in that container therefore maximizing you chance of getting the ship you want . There are ways to help you chances after that it’s RNG . Your right it’s like gambling never play with the rent money but if you have the money the summer sale when used smartly has been pretty generous with the ship drops IMHO . Just be smart if you don’t have the money and use your free tokens don’t spend money you need for real life . 

If all containers in this game have the same drop rates as those on this event, i will continue supporting it. It is better than blitz ratings.

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I’m pretty sure your Admiral Hipper was a drop from one of the Kriegsmarine containers from the current event, as she is not a premium ship and is the most common ship drop in those crates.

Good haul, though. All four of the ships you got are some of my favorites.

I for myself didnt try kriesgmarine container for 1 thing.

At first i tought hipper wanst good, then i realized for me it would be good to have her, as i didnt try her german line and i have the commander and the skin from AL collab.

I didnt try cause i could try tose 22 containers and dont drop her.

Why would i be interested? I am sitting on 4 t10 ship. I have 2 lines on 9 and didnt go to t10 yet. Hipper was supposed to be a jump to 8 and then i could run to 10 and open up the bureau.

24 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'm almost convinced RNG rates are based on user data at this point. Lotta people who don't play CV have been getting them like crazy. 

Why didnt i drop Tirpitz B then? BF 2018

Why didnt i drop GZ B and Alaska B? but got Sims B and Scharnhorst B? BF 2019

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts
39 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

With some of the decisions WG make I often wonder if they mean to make the community salty....but I can't go so far to say they scan individual players just to give them what they don't want lol

I don't think the mindset is beyond them, but putting that much effort into something.....naaah! :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_trollface:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
42 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Hypothetically, it could be that in an effort to not give duplicates, they've got it looking to see what players don't have... which would lean towards giving players ships they don't want... because if they don't want them, they're unlikely to have them already, right? 

I've reached the point where I won't spend ANY money on any crate that could randomly drop a CV.  Free crates, well, I can sell the CV off and I get another captain and another port slot probably, for free.  But spending money, forget it, I don't like gambling to begin with, I'm not going to gamble when I could get a "jackpot" of something that I literally can't use.  

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts
5 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I have a list...

1st Missouri, Jean Bart

2nd FDR, Paolo Emilio

3rd Tirpitz B, Graf Zeppelin B, Alaska B, ARPs, Dragons, Musashi.

Bajie, Wukong, Massa B and Enterprise were in the top.

Wow, you did very well with your haul then! :cap_like:

My list is Kam or Grem; the GC; Benham and the Georgia. Every other ship available IMO are no different to ones I already have, or do not offer a playstyle I believe I will enjoy - i.e I have my fun ships to play already and no others provide something significantly better, so I can think of multiple things I can spend my money on that will benefit me more.

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
40 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Hypothetically, it could be that in an effort to not give duplicates, they've got it looking to see what players don't have... which would lean towards giving players ships they don't want... because if they don't want them, they're unlikely to have them already, right? 

I've reached the point where I won't spend ANY money on any crate that could randomly drop a CV.  Free crates, well, I can sell the CV off and I get another captain and another port slot probably, for free.  But spending money, forget it, I don't like gambling to begin with, I'm not going to gamble when I could get a "jackpot" of something that I literally can't use.  

Too much hate against CVs :cap_wander_2:

4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Wow, you did very well with your haul then! :cap_like:

My list is Kam or Grem; the GC; Benham and the Georgia. Every other ship available IMO are no different to ones I already have, or do not offer a playstyle I believe I will enjoy - i.e I have my fun ships to play already and no others provide something significantly better, so I can think of multiple things I can spend my money on that will benefit me more.

Yeah! i did!

I cant win everything with just 1 shot.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, Felipe_1982 said:

Too much hate against CVs :cap_wander_2:

I don't hate CVs.  

1)  I think AA is a mess and needs to be fixed, as I've posted so many times -- https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221245-results-of-clan-season-ix-warriors-path/ 

2)  Due to motion sickness, I literally can't play the new CVs, so spending money and then getting one is effectively paying cash for the credit sellback "value" of the CV.  

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't hate CVs.  

1)  I think AA is a mess and needs to be fixed, as I've posted so many times -- https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/221245-results-of-clan-season-ix-warriors-path/ 

2)  Due to motion sickness, I literally can't play the new CVs, so spending money and then getting one is effectively paying cash for the credit sellback "value" of the CV.  

So you have a medical reason.

that is not good. Sorry.

[D-DAY]
Members
6,974 posts
9 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't hate CVs.  

Same here with the sick feeling. I can play 2-3 CV games and then I start feeling sick.

I remember going to a Games event and trying the PS4 VR set - it was like a robot sports game - 8 mins in and I broke into the sweats got nausea and nearly puked everywhere. Not a great advert for them lol.

I can play the few CV games and come back after a while playing other ships though.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Same here with the sick feeling. I can play 2-3 CV games and then I start feeling sick.

I remember going to a Games event and trying the PS4 VR set - it was like a robot sports game - 8 mins in and I broke into the sweats got nausea and nearly puked everywhere. Not a great advert for them lol.

I can play the few CV games and come back after a while playing other ships though.

I can feel it by the end of the first CV battle.  

And yeah, VR is not great.  Same with those damn giant curved screens (movie or TV).   I need to be able to see the non-moving area around the TV as a fixed frame of reference so that my eyes and ears agree on what's going on, or HURK. 

• Cool 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I cant play racing games on VR, i get sick. In general many games we need to turn the head make me sick on R. I have a samsung VR set.

Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

I can feel it by the end of the first CV battle.  

And yeah, VR is not great.  Same with those damn giant curved screens (movie or TV).   I need to be able to see the non-moving area around the TV as a fixed frame of reference so that my eyes and ears agree on what's going on, or HURK. 

You become dizzy?

You cant what a 3D movie?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, Felipe_1982 said:

I cant play racing games on VR, i get sick. In general many games we need to turn the head make me sick on R. I have a samsung VR set.

You become dizzy?

You cant what a 3D movie?

I become nauseous.  

3D doesn't even work for me, I just see a blurry movie... and eventually feel a little ill.   

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I become nauseous.  

3D doesn't even work for me, I just see a blurry movie... and eventually feel a little ill.   

You lose some sort of entertainment ...

At least i tought VR would become a must, but didnt.

Companies didnt invest and made just some "easy and quick" games.

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,612 battles
5 hours ago, Felipe_1982 said:

Today openings:

4 hours ago, br93lx said:

Screenshot (120).png

GG to both of you!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Meh 1