Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ghost_90

Responding to Salt in Ranked Sprint

16 comments in this topic

[JR]
Members
90 posts
33,204 battles

I am enjoying the Ranked Sprint but some of salt is quite funny. 

I have been asked which team are you playing for? My response was that Pomp just took 3/4 health. (They didn't notice that I had set fires 2- 5 fires on him.)

I was put in a game where  was a division and I asked what is your plan? Of course I got no response so told them I am not your spouse so I can't read your mind. (that worked they told me what they were planning)

• Funny 1
  • Haha 4

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles

People playing suboptimal ships complaining about other people playing suboptimal ships are the most obnoxious. 

1. It's sprint with 5 minute games and some hard counters, just try again.

2. So they want experience for their tech tree ship but expect you to use optimal premium (e.g. Pommern, Alaska) so they win anyway? Sure thing.

3. If they care so much about winning, why aren't they out yet?

[-VT-]
Members
375 posts
17,613 battles

People with 45% WR calling people out and claiming to having the secret to winning has been on a sharp rise recently.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,071 posts
19,193 battles

I read the chat for clues and laughs, I don't generally participate though.

• Cool 2

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
2 hours ago, Ghost_90 said:

I am enjoying the Ranked Sprint but some of salt is quite funny. 

I have been asked which team are you playing for? My response was that Pomp just took 3/4 health. (They didn't notice that I had set fires 2- 5 fires on him.)

I was put in a game where  was a division and I asked what is your plan? Of course I got no response so told them I am not your spouse so I can't read your mind. (that worked they told me what they were planning)

And that Sir, is a priceless response !!!  I almost blew coffee out my nose response.    :cap_haloween:

I heard that once before at the National Training Center.  It was a hour before morning nautical twilight and everyone was exhausted, waiting for the OPFOR to do "anything".......  And someone was getting seriously frustrated and asked "ok, what's the plan now; we aren't pocking married........."   And, that caused everyone to break radio silence and simply stopped the exercise; because, the OPFOR were laughing so hard they couldn't take what they were doing seriously anymore.....  Who says humor isn't a weapon !   A great AAR after that fiasco.....

• Haha 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,404 posts
32 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

And that Sir, is a priceless response !!!  I almost blew coffee out my nose response.    :cap_haloween:

I heard that once before at the National Training Center.  It was a hour before morning nautical twilight and everyone was exhausted, waiting for the OPFOR to do "anything".......  And someone was getting seriously frustrated and asked "ok, what's the plan now; we aren't pocking married........."   And, that caused everyone to break radio silence and simply stopped the exercise; because, the OPFOR were laughing so hard they couldn't take what they were doing seriously anymore.....  Who says humor isn't a weapon !   A great AAR after that fiasco.....

You assemble and then attack. That time of day is perfect when enemy has fighting sleepyheads...

Your thought on marriage is pretty funny on my end.

[CDOH]
Members
905 posts
8,510 battles

I love using the Chat to Taunt the other team. I do this in a respectful way.  It often causes them to  make mistakes. 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,771 posts
11,291 battles
40 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

Someone got mad at me for grinding my Freddy...I ended up with 3.1k base xp.

Which makes no sense, because FdG is a very strong choice in the current Ranked Sprint meta.

They probably heard some streamer or Youtuber exclaim “FdG sucks” a couple dozen times and accepted it as gospel (bonus points if it was a years-old video from before she was buffed). :Smile_teethhappy:

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,902 posts
21,324 battles

i was a complete streak with my georgia in ranked, flanking around the sides and getting the reds from behind....

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts
4 hours ago, zippychippy said:

People with 45% WR calling people out and claiming to having the secret to winning has been on a sharp rise recently.

I've been called out by people with 40% win rates, like literally 40%.  I've been on a bad losing run so I went from 52 to 48% the past month.

[-VT-]
Members
375 posts
17,613 battles
50 minutes ago, DWBGaming said:

I've been called out by people with 40% win rates, like literally 40%.  I've been on a bad losing run so I went from 52 to 48% the past month.

I used to be 44-45% wr myself but I never called people out on gameplay or picked on other players. However If someone started in on me I'd defend myself.

[DPG]
Members
2,085 posts
11,730 battles

i divved up with a clan mate for this and it was a lot of fun.  It would have been more fun if there weren't several battles when the third person would yolo into the enemy, usually a Georgia on full spood beest, and die.  I can see why that would generate some salt.

[FFG30]
Members
123 posts
6,516 battles

When asked what would be the plan, I told them to do whatever they wanted which also implied to everyone. At the end, we won. It was risky to follow a bad plan. 
If I saw a low WR player did well in game, I complimented them for playing well. 

Edited by Ferrytap
Side note

[JR]
Members
90 posts
33,204 battles
1 hour ago, Ferrytap said:

When asked what would be the plan, I told them to do whatever they wanted which also implied to everyone. At the end, we won. It was risky to follow a bad plan. 
If I saw a low WR player did well in game, I complimented them for playing well. 

I always compliment every one when we win the game. 

[DWBG]
Members
163 posts
4 hours ago, zippychippy said:

I used to be 44-45% wr myself but I never called people out on gameplay or picked on other players. However If someone started in on me I'd defend myself.

Yeah, I just decided recently to hide my stats.  Getting stat shamed by people with even worse stats was the last straw...i've seen several players with 100-200 personal ratings lately too which I can't understand.  I used to have modem issues with my old modem with this game which caused me to have about 2-3 seconds of lag, which got worse the longer the game went.  And even then I still had like an 800 pr.

Sign in to follow this