Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DJC_499

Asashio-related Amusement

5 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,180 battles

This weekend (I bet that you can see where this is going) I was in a PVE battle and noted to the one Asashio at the start of battle what a great set-up they had in that there was no CV and there were four (comparatively) slow BBs ( 2 Cals, a Colorado, and a Musashi. They did not comment, but figured that they would be a direct competitor to my Musashi for BB kills. Anyway the battle soon starts (Two Brothers) and the bot train heads down through the D cap. It was at this point that the Asashio headed out and started launching rack after rack of torps at (wait for it...) an Amafi and a Donskoi......(they obviously knew how to use the fast torp reload option). It was really too late to say anything in chat, but almost immediately the Donskoi nuked the Asashio at point blank range with torps that might actually be permitted to hit this ship and the Asashio's battle was over....

Probably lots of takeaways from this story, but in some ways it was equally sad and amusing....Oh, the nice thing is that the Amafi and Donskoi were both sufficient distracted to become easy targets along with the Cals and Colorado for me...  :fish_viking:

[WOLF3]
Members
31,043 posts
26,068 battles

That DD gets misused a lot.  I've seen a bunch of users launch torps at targets the DWTs cannot hit.

IMO Asashio is a PVP boat.  With the larger 12 man teams in Randoms, it's normal to find lots of Battleships.  It's a target rich environment.  But in Co-op where teams are smaller, the amount of BBs encountered can often be small, i.e. 1 BB and it's spawned on the other side of the map from your Asashio.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[CRUEL]
Members
550 posts
10,190 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That DD gets misused a lot.  I've seen a bunch of users launch torps at targets the DWTs cannot hit.

IMO Asashio is a PVP boat.  With the larger 12 man teams in Randoms, it's normal to find lots of Battleships.  It's a target rich environment.  But in Co-op where teams are smaller, the amount of BBs encountered can often small, i.e. 1 BB and it's spawned on the other side of the map from your Asashio.

I've played a lot of games in my asashio b. Sometimes if you know you're in a jam you launch to try to scare your opponent. I've caused a few dds to turn into fire from friendly ships that way.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,180 battles
1 hour ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I've played a lot of games in my asashio b. Sometimes if you know you're in a jam you launch to try to scare your opponent. I've caused a few dds to turn into fire from friendly ships that way.

Funny that you mention this as in a recent PVE battle near the end of a match an Asashio was being chased (surprise, surprise) by a Minotaur. The Asashio launched torps (that obviously would not hurt the Minotaur) but it still turned to avoid these allowing me to sink it from my Montana as I recall...

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,457 posts
10,738 battles
8 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IMO Asashio is a PVP boat.  With the larger 12 man teams in Randoms, it's normal to find lots of Battleships.  It's a target rich environment.  But in Co-op where teams are smaller, the amount of BBs encountered can often be small, i.e. 1 BB and it's spawned on the other side of the map from your Asashio.

To be heard I like using Asashio for its DWT because I can know for certaintly that I can launch torps without worry behind teammates since the BBs and CVs would be behind me as I press forward, but stay behind allied cruisers and DDs.

Needless to say, it's amusing to see them panic of seeing torps coming their way from behind them and see them try to scatter when they don't need to lol.

Sign in to follow this