Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

I feel better now.

51 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

It was a great night with the boys.

4cmm2p.jpg

CVKRAKEN.png

CVDMG.png

• Cool 10
  • Boring 11
  • Meh 9

Members
229 posts
71 battles

With the state of the forums right now.  Thanks for supplying more gasoline

:Smile_popcorn:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,516 battles
41 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

with the boys.

that was awesome game with 21 citadels and high dam in CV

do you have replay? can you send it my way, pls; i can learn a lot of the replay

[D-DAY]
Members
6,973 posts

I have no issues with you having a great game in any ship type. :cap_like: As @ObiphanKenobi states the result is awesome!

Now the real question is, did you post with the intention of just sharing good news, or for another reason?

Again, if someone looks to be negative about your achievement, because it was done in a CV - that's their bad.

If you came on to initiate toxicity on the forums - that's sad. I guess only you will really know.

• Thanks 4
  • Meh 2

0 posts

Nice one! Good seeing you in game.

Edited by Ban_CV_Complainers
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

Members
941 posts
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

that was awesome game with 21 citadels and high dam in CV

do you have replay? can you send it my way, pls; i can learn a lot of the replay

T10 in a T8 game.  All he had to do was press the left mouse button.

Edited by Farm_Fresh_Eggs
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,516 battles
1 minute ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

All he had to do was press the left mouse button.

i am sorry, BUT you are so wrong

Without using WASD, OP cant control his planes for attack.

Without map awareness, situational awareness, insight of game mechanic, OP would not be able to pick on ship to get citadel

Playing the German CV is very hard to control fighters to go for the citadels, this required practice.

Its is more than just left mouse button.

regards,

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,867 battles
45 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Without map awareness, situational awareness, insight of game mechanic, OP would not be able to pick on ship to get citadel

Playing the German CV is very hard to control fighters to go for the citadels, this required practice.

regards,

Sure, for tier 4 and 6 but from what I’ve seen in game the tier 8 is more than capable for an inexperienced player and the tier 10 is just broken.  

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
3 hours ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Nice one! Good seeing you in game.

We were on a hot streak until that game we ran into you. Tatoes gonna tate...and man your Des Moines haaaaaated AP rockets.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
4 hours ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I have no issues with you having a great game in any ship type. :cap_like: As @ObiphanKenobi states the result is awesome!

Now the real question is, did you post with the intention of just sharing good news, or for another reason?

Again, if someone looks to be negative about your achievement, because it was done in a CV - that's their bad.

If you came on to initiate toxicity on the forums - that's sad. I guess only you will really know.

Generally posting to show a good result.

I'm a CV main, gonna get hate either way.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,393 posts
18,350 battles
4 hours ago, Pebcac said:

Grind up to it yourself and you can stop being jealous.

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
1 hour ago, BarneyStyle said:

Sure, for tier 4 and 6 but from what I’ve seen in game the tier 8 is more than capable for an inexperienced player and the tier 10 is just broken.  

Manfred IMHO isn't broken in the least. Her planes are VERY soft and go down rapidly. You also need to understand and practice with how the weapons work, the rockets and bombs are the hardest to get right.

If people bunch and work together, Manfred has a very hard time. If people YOLO around and complain about the CV they get eaten alive.

That last part has been the golden rule of CV countering since the game first went on the internet. 

Most of my kills have been people who either camped and failed even the most basic of moves or who just ran off by themselves.

It takes ALOT to make Manfred work. The skill ceiling is just as tough as Audacious. 

Like I hit an Atago in my Perseval many times he just complained....he was just out there by himself yolo'ing...game was already well established...he just wouldn't realize it's team play.

• Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

Any CV will struggle if you play with your team and not try to be some SOLO warrior. Time and time and time again I've had bad matches in all my carriers because people just bunched up and played the objectives.

Instead of rewarding team play, Wargaming coddles people...the impending ship detection changes to me are proof.

Now it's gonna be much much much harder to set up rocket strikes, because you can see the planes from space, but the cv can't see you.

Best time to be a DD main IMHO.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Grind up to it yourself and you can stop being jealous.

Yeah.. .its not an easy grind and I believe, added all up for MvR, cost is over 500K research, with my clan discount. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Clearly from my use of MvR, cruiser players know to pay attention, at least those I encounter when bringing on the rocket planes... must be a secret meeting area where they all get together to discuss the MvR... "Oh man you wouldn't believe..." and someone else says, "and I'm yelling hard to port, hard to port, second in command shouts back you'll be broadside to three battleships to which I say I don't give a..." 

Cruisers are proving, at least to me, they are aware of what's what. 

Now those BBs... no doubt by the details you were very successful with AP bombs. 

I think I'm going to start suggesting my team focus fire HE on specific targets at the start of the match. 

It's pure genius, bloody on target. If I can get my team to spam HE from the very beginning, beat the snot out of enemy AA, stripping them of their only CV defense, I ought to be able to just hammer the beegeesus out of them. The team benefits too as once they get pounded down this way, they will be easy kills for the team. 

I'll start advertising it today! 

@IfYouSeeKhaos thanks for the excellent - and obvious if I only stopped to think about it -  solution to upper tier AA. This is what makes good players great - seeing the obvious others completely miss. 

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles

It's helpful to div. I mostly div with the KSC/D/E/F boys.

[KAG]
Members
1,355 posts
12,867 battles
31 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Manfred IMHO isn't broken in the least. Her planes are VERY soft and go down rapidly. You also need to understand and practice with how the weapons work, the rockets and bombs are the hardest to get right.

If people bunch and work together, Manfred has a very hard time. If people YOLO around and complain about the CV they get eaten alive.

That last part has been the golden rule of CV countering since the game first went on the internet. 

Most of my kills have been people who either camped and failed even the most basic of moves or who just ran off by themselves.

It takes ALOT to make Manfred work. The skill ceiling is just as tough as Audacious. 

Like I hit an Atago in my Perseval many times he just complained....he was just out there by himself yolo'ing...game was already well established...he just wouldn't realize it's team play.

The main reason why people are so anti CV is the fact you have the ability to exploit lone ships anywhere on the map.  So from the start of the game, if they are left alone, turn around the wrong island, misplay in anyway, a CV has the ability to effectively delete them with a few runs.

You’re asking a majority of the player base to have that kind of map awareness, every game, every map.  They simply don’t see it, so they blame CV players, and rightly so.  The skill set just isn’t there to counter the current CV meta, but we’ll see if the AA changes help in that regard in the future.

Good game though.

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
1 minute ago, BarneyStyle said:

The main reason why people are so anti CV is the fact you have the ability to exploit lone ships anywhere on the map.  So from the start of the game, if they are left alone, turn around the wrong island, misplay in anyway, a CV has the ability to effectively delete them with a few runs.

You’re asking a majority of the player base to have that kind of map awareness, every game, every map.  They simply don’t see it, so they blame CV players, and rightly so.  The skill set just isn’t there to counter the current CV meta, but we’ll see if the AA changes help in that regard in the future.   

If their skillset isn't there, that isn't a CV problem. That is the player failing to learn from their mistakes.

It's also on wargaming making it so easy to whip out the plastic and get a new bigger boat they arguably have no skill to be playing.

End result, I potato farm and get flamed, abused, down voted, reported, chat banned...over and over and over and over.

No wonder why CV players are becoming air powered edge lords.

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

regards,

Yep, hard work, determination, intelligence, and skills.

Of course, having the Dark Side of the Force is just a bonus.

Good job OP. 👍🦇

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
5 hours ago, Pebcac said:

That's more like napalm. With a touch of magnesium, TNT, and phosphorus.

Shake and Bake, Baby!

Members
4,629 posts
45,353 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. That is Zen. Par for the course.

I don't think I posted my Hakuryu Kraken games here because I don't want to be noticed.

But then again.... I did share with a few players. 😏

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[SALVO]
6,352 posts
6,944 battles
3 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That's more like napalm. With a touch of magnesium, TNT, and phosphorus.

Shake and Bake, Baby!

Nah that's more like Audacious when RNG favors you.

With Manfred, it's more like "Zoom and BOOOM"

Sign in to follow this