Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

My weekend with the BB Mass

17 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles

Th reward for a mission was the use of the US BB Massachusetts over the weekend. I never got around to playing a random or any form of PVP. I rather play ops & coops.

For those who haven't played a coop since In the upper tiers the challenge is not to win, after all most have a 95% or higher win rate in coops, it is to sink more ships than your teammates. The battles are short & much, much more aggressive. BB's are not the best ships for these battles.

Also, the map and where you spawn on the map can & does limit the number of ships you can engage.

With that said. Only my 2nd & last battles with the Massachusetts did I do less than 50k in damage. The problem in these 2 battles was I was on the far side of the map with a DD & CL that sunk the 3 ships on our side of the map with me unable to get within secondary range. Plus the reload time of the main guns gave my teammate the time ti sink those ships. If I was able to get into the fray quickly, which I did in about 8 to 10 battles topping 80k was norm & several were well over 100k of damage. 

Overall I had a good time playing the Massachusetts.

Now the big question. "Do I think it is worth the $52.20 price?"

The problem I have with buying ships is the direction WG is taking this game. The CV rework implementation was a fiasco at best. While I do agree WG appears to be trying to avoid the several months of overpowering to cannon fodder transformations CV's went through in the first months of the rework with subs, I can't ignore the less than balanced state of CV when WG declared them good. Yes, i would like to have the Massachusetts but it is not the right time for me to purchase it.

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,984 battles

Playing the Mass in co-op is not a good representation of the ship. I love my Mass and in PVP it's a beast even when up tiered. 

If you're only going to play Co-op then I would say pass on it. It's strengths in PVP are much more prevalent especially if you go full secondary build like me.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,432 posts
12,714 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

I never got around to playing a random or any form of PVP. I rather play ops & coops

Then this ship might not be worth the money for you Kgh52 . Its fun to play in coop but it shines in random games has good AA too shoots down lots of planes. 

I have a 47% win rate overall but in the Massachusetts I have a 51% win rate the only ship I'm currently over 50% with and I have played over 1500 battels in her .

It's still my favorite ship after all this time and before the IFHE changes were made she was even better . 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,362 posts

I'm going to go against the grain here.  While I agree some ships are stronger in PvP than co-op, I don't see that as a reason not to buy it for co-op, when we're talking about a co-op player.  If you enjoy the ship in co-op it doesn't matter if its "stronger" in PvP.  

Here's my advice for anyone buying a premium ship, wait for a sale or when you get a coupon. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
853 posts
7,984 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm going to go against the grain here.  While I agree some ships are stronger in PvP than co-op, I don't see that as a reason not to buy it for co-op, when we're talking about a co-op player.  If you enjoy the ship in co-op it doesn't matter if its "stronger" in PvP.  

Here's my advice for anyone buying a premium ship, wait for a sale or when you get a coupon. 

The cost of the ship far out weighs the credit and exp earnings in Co-op. To spend tier 8 money on a ship that's not going to used to it's full potential (IE credits and EXP) just doesn't make logical sense.

I usually have over 100k damage games in my Mass and she makes me a boatload of credits and exp. In co-op you're not going to see that.

[PVE]
Members
7,362 posts
Just now, CorradoG60 said:

The cost of the ship far out weighs the credit and exp earnings in Co-op. To spend tier 8 money on a ship that's not going to used to it's full potential (IE credits and EXP) just doesn't make logical sense.

I usually have over 100k damage games in my Mass and she makes me a boatload of credits and exp. In co-op you're not going to see that.

That's irreverent to a co-op player.  The point of buying a ship is to get enjoyment out of it. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,206 battles

I have 16 Co op battles played with Mass and averaged about 70,000 damage per battle and average 1 kill per battle. Battleships are not the easiest ship type to play in Co op so an average of 1 kill per battle is sitting OK with me. Please give us back out tier 8 operations so I can feel better about buying her.

Massachusetts   Massachusetts 8 U.S.A. 16 100% 1 949 70 738 1

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[BEA5T]
Members
589 posts
18,782 battles
19 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

That's irreverent to a co-op player.  The point of buying a ship is to get enjoyment out of it. 

Right on Point as well as some of us like collecting ships  :)  

You can get tons of damage as not every COOP battles are full of Human Pew Pew players  :)    When you have a majority of BOTs on your team is when you can really take advantage.  

Just today I was in my "New Enterprise"  and only Human in the battle... so I was able to gain just under 200K damage in a CV which is hard to do in COOP.  So in COOP you have have to be a what they call situational opportunist ? 

[PVE]
Members
11,076 posts
19,206 battles
1 minute ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

You can get tons of damage as not every COOP battles are full of Human Pew Pew players  :)    When you have a majority of BOTs on your team is when you can really take advantage.  

Yeah better points but I hate myself if I am not the first place player with all-bots, so I compliment them if they beat me.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
2,008 posts
13,813 battles
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Th reward for a mission was the use of the US BB Massachusetts over the weekend. I never got around to playing a random or any form of PVP. I rather play ops & coops.

For those who haven't played a coop since In the upper tiers the challenge is not to win, after all most have a 95% or higher win rate in coops, it is to sink more ships than your teammates. The battles are short & much, much more aggressive. BB's are not the best ships for these battles.

Also, the map and where you spawn on the map can & does limit the number of ships you can engage.

With that said. Only my 2nd & last battles with the Massachusetts did I do less than 50k in damage. The problem in these 2 battles was I was on the far side of the map with a DD & CL that sunk the 3 ships on our side of the map with me unable to get within secondary range. Plus the reload time of the main guns gave my teammate the time ti sink those ships. If I was able to get into the fray quickly, which I did in about 8 to 10 battles topping 80k was norm & several were well over 100k of damage. 

Overall I had a good time playing the Massachusetts.

Now the big question. "Do I think it is worth the $52.20 price?"

The problem I have with buying ships is the direction WG is taking this game. The CV rework implementation was a fiasco at best. While I do agree WG appears to be trying to avoid the several months of overpowering to cannon fodder transformations CV's went through in the first months of the rework with subs, I can't ignore the less than balanced state of CV when WG declared them good. Yes, i would like to have the Massachusetts but it is not the right time for me to purchase it.

Worth every penny for any mode.  

[WOLF9]
Members
1,327 posts
24,788 battles

I have Mass and Georgia, both full secondary builds with a 19pt Ovechkin that commands both ships.  I play both in Coop and do ok.  I like them both.

Recently I really wanted to finish the Yamamoto campaign, which required me to venture into Randoms.  I took both.  I haven't played randoms in years, and my overall WR was about 45%.  Well, Georgia let me down (or I let Georgia down, and ended up with a 29& WR in her.  I think my main difficulty with her was that she had too few barrels, and when you missed, you were im for a hurt.  The Mass however, pulled in a 60% WR and did really well.  The super fast heal and 3 more guns just really pushed me over the edge.  My overall WR is 50% and I got Yamamoto. 

Georgia is 2-0 in the current ranked sprint, so maybe I found my niche for her.

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles
3 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

Playing the Mass in co-op is not a good representation of the ship. I love my Mass and in PVP it's a beast even when up tiered. 

If you're only going to play Co-op then I would say pass on it. It's strengths in PVP are much more prevalent especially if you go full secondary build like me.

Which battles modes we choose is a personal choice. How the Mass does in PVP is of little interest to me. I played less than 3000 randoms

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

Then this ship might not be worth the money for you Kgh52 . Its fun to play in coop but it shines in random games has good AA too shoots down lots of planes. 

I have a 47% win rate overall but in the Massachusetts I have a 51% win rate the only ship I'm currently over 50% with and I have played over 1500 battels in her .

It's still my favorite ship after all this time and before the IFHE changes were made she was even better . 

My "review" is one sided as I don't care for PVP battles.

Personally I'm glad you enjoy your Mass.

[TDRB]
Members
5,327 posts
13,743 battles
2 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

Yes, PVP does pay more but it is also far less fun. I'd rather see my in-game currencies grow slowly & have fun than be stressed out from playing a game. This form is evidence that many do get stressed out in randoms & other forms of PVP battles. Just my

[WOLFG]
Members
241 posts
7,047 battles
2 hours ago, CorradoG60 said:

I play almost exclusively coop now with some ops mixed in.  I average about 70k damage with my Mass but here's a screenshot for coop where the stars  and bots really aligned.  I do enjoy collecting ships and enjoy my Mass in coop.  Full secondary build.

shot-20.05.26_16.50.33-0153.jpg

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts
4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

The problem I have with buying ships is the direction WG is taking this game.

That's my problem. The good ship today, might be obsolete tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this