You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

The Case to make 3v3 permanent

52 comments in this topic

Members
1,691 posts
7,353 battles

This sprint season has been a blast.  Its time for a new game mode and 3v3 is perfect.  Short rounds with less likelihood of teammates losing the round. Just what we need.  Also... Pommern is a Beast.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,072 battles

Yes please. 

But they won't. Because... CVs. How would you fit them in a 3v3, unless all three are CVs?

• Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[META_]
[META_]
Members
1,306 posts
14 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

This sprint season has been a blast.  Its time for a new game mode and 3v3 is perfect.  Short rounds with less likelihood of teammates losing the round. Just what we need.  Also... Pommern is a Beast.

Totally agree! i had so much fun, so much fun, that i am sad right now as i reached rank 1 and cant play anymore.

[WORX]
Members
13,286 posts
20,135 battles

I am one to argue, to much of a good thing is not a good idea in the long run..

Yeah its cool now, its fun now, however. It will become stale just like Randoms or just like the new game mode now on PTS.

I see a never ending vicious cycle. Lets see what WG does with this request..

• Meh 4

[Y0L0W]
Members
644 posts
20,641 battles

I feel like 3 on 3 is great if it shows up on an occasional basis with combat missions for some rewards.

Members
323 posts
15,860 battles
58 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

They will only make 3v3 a thing if they can include sky herpes. 

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,786 posts
21,696 battles

Would require a few things, like no CVs and no divs.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Would require a few things, like no CVs and no divs.

:cap_like:

I don't like Ranked Battles, usually only play to get the flag.  And Sprints have been hit or miss ... but this has been fun. 

Smaller maps and teams make for a fast and focused battle ... this Sprint has been a winner.

Members
7,122 posts
22,674 battles

Almost any permanent small game mode will be exploited. If they were to make a change in this direction the game mode and numbers should be random. 9v9, 3v3, 6v6.... Otherwise hydro and radar will be exploited. The issue with 3v3 is that half of all the ships at (for example, tier 9) become useless.

[-1]
Members
813 posts
11,806 battles

Please no--it was pretty boring. I'm skipping these 1v1 and 3v3 modes; if you think it's fun go play Blitz version. Blitz is EXACTLY about these short games.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
652 posts
12,806 battles

Just keep Ranked Sprint as 3v3. 

That way it happens fairly regular and it doesn't reshape the meta.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
271 posts
12,205 battles

No, it's too skewed towards certain ships. I made to to rank 2 before losing a star in my Pommeran. It's fun, but in the long term people with the better ships will dominate constantly. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

This sprint season has been a blast.  Its time for a new game mode and 3v3 is perfect.  Short rounds with less likelihood of teammates losing the round. Just what we need.  Also... Pommern is a Beast

No thanks, I don't play them and only play just a few ranked matches when they come out.   There is no point playing these types of matches because they are just "farming" events for the better players using OP/meta ships.....  Why do that?? The rewards for being someone else's "value" just aren't there..........   They are modes for the "Barney's" in the game.  The rest of us are the fodder..........no thanks.  Fun??  Haven't seen that yet.

Edited by Asym_KS

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
10 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Just keep Ranked Sprint as 3v3. 

That way it happens fairly regular and it doesn't reshape the meta.

It is the meta !!!!  Normal people need not be there.......

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,234 posts
4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

No thanks, I don't play them and only play just a few ranked matches when they come out.   There is no point playing these types of matches because they are just "farming" events for the better players using OP/meta ships.....  Why do that?? The rewards for being someone else's "value" just aren't there..........   They are modes for the "Barney's" in the game.  The rest of us are the fodder..........no thanks.  Fun??  Haven't seen that yet.

I am far from the best player in the game but this is pretty defeatist.  My goal is to always get better.  Competition that is better than me, facilitates that.

• Boring 1

Members
1,654 posts
11,795 battles

Variation seems to be the condition that livens things up a bit.   We saw that with 1v1, 3v3, and even those events like the three teams of three for the slime event (that'd be interesting - three teams of three for ranked sprint).

I do support WeeGee mixing things up - I'll give them a +1 for trying different things.     I hope they keep putting out different ideas and scenarios for ranked.   Sprint is a great vehicle for trying out different options.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

I am far from the best player in the game but this is pretty defeatist.  My goal is to always get better.  Competition facilitates that.

Now, you are just hilarious !   "Get better"?   Oh please, there's a thread about "farming in this mode" I just read......  It's designed to "reward" the Barney's of the game; and, at the very end, when they have all ranked out in 2 hours, the rest of the "Potatoes" get to try a match of two..............and, get "Massacred" 20 seconds into the match by some ship you never saw......  Sounds like that mode in COD where the sniper hits you at the spawn point because they figured out the exploits through repetition...........   There's no skill in this and if Farming is your claim to fame !...........well, have at it.  I won't be there along with thousands of others whom are smart enough.....to know better.  Defeatist?  Oh please.......I compete all of the time in real life.  No thanks.  Good luck though !!!!  We'll never meet there......too one sided without skill or meta balancing.

• Boring 2

[12TF]
9,234 posts
1 minute ago, Asym_KS said:

Now, you are just hilarious !   "Get better"?   Oh please, there's a thread about "farming in this mode" I just read......  It's designed to "reward" the Barney's of the game; and, at the very end, when they have all ranked out in 2 hours, the rest of the "Potatoes" get to try a match of two..............and, get "Massacred" 20 seconds into the match by some ship you never saw......  Sounds like that mode in COD where the sniper hits you at the spawn point because they figured out the exploits through repetition...........   There's no skill in this and if Farming is your claim to fame !...........well, have at it.  I won't be there along with thousands of others whom are smart enough.....to know better.  Defeatist?  Oh please.......I compete all of the time in real life.  No thanks.  Good luck though !!!!  We'll never meet there......too one sided without skill or meta balancing.

Alrighty.

[TF-64]
Members
564 posts
20,560 battles

I really enjoyed this sprint but I don't think it should stay permanent. Keep it in ranked. IMO, they should vary the number of ships in ranked more. 1v1 was awesome. I would also enjoy a 2v2 asymmetrical type for a sprint as well. 3-5 man teams should stay type equal. 

1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Yes please. 

But they won't. Because... CVs. How would you fit them in a 3v3, unless all three are CVs?

Exactly. Give them coral sea mode. 

But these are my opinions because I enjoy the smaller teams for sprints. Also I could go for sprints going as low as T3. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Yes please. 

Crazy thought.......don't allow them in the game mode.  There are enough avenues for CVs to play in that they don't need to be a part of a 3v3 matchup.

Their influence over the match would simply be too great with that few surface ships.

[SALVO]
Members
3,503 posts
7,388 battles
39 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

lolol 

1. Since when do you care if a mode is “competitive”?

2. Since when do you promote the idea that non competitive game modes should not to be included in the game? 

3.  Seems like Coop should be the first one to go if you care so much about question 2.

Also just a tip: You and many others are far too hung up on which ships are the best "Meta".  Caring only about meta ships is a potato trap. 

Edited by eviltane

[BONKS]
Banned
957 posts
5,389 battles

Sprint is fun coz it's limited. If it was constant it would just turn into a mode where the best ship for that meta is used and all other ships sit in port. So no. Short and sweet is better. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,288 posts
24,018 battles
25 minutes ago, eviltane said:

lolol 

1. Since when do you care if a mode is “competitive”?

2. Since when do you promote the idea that non competitive game modes should not to be included in the game? 

3.  Seems like Coop should be the first one to go if you care so much about question 2.

Also just a tip: You and many others are far too hung up on which ships are the best "Meta".  Caring only about meta ships is a potato trap. 

It seems others really care?  Balanced is more where I'd like to see this game.....  Because, it's an arcade shooter.....  You know, Rock'em-Sock'em robots on water.  Red and Green instead of blue though.....  I am a COOP main.  A great many of us have even given up Scenarios because there is no value playing them anymore.....

The meta.  Let's see......most complaints I've read these past two days have a discussion about meta and Ranked embedded in them....   I have a POM and a Benham and "others" and yet, just can't see playing 3x3 because average players can't compete it seems and are just "potatoes to farm..."   That is the point.......  The game is moving away from a great many of us and THAT, is my point.   I actually liked the game pre-Update 8.0 after getting talked into playing it almost three years ago now......  Now, I am the last of those people whom talked me into this game.......because, I care for it.  That's all.  An average player with an opinion.  And, look up my stats:  I am a Potato - because I just can't take this game that seriously......

3x3 should be about pure, unadulterated fun.......a place to laugh at each other.......not, a Barney Farming ground built for them, and about them..........that only divides us further........again, just my opinion.

[12TF]
9,234 posts
15 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

It seems others really care?  Balanced is more where I'd like to see this game.....  Because, it's an arcade shooter.....  You know, Rock'em-Sock'em robots on water.  Red and Green instead of blue though.....  I am a COOP main.  A great many of us have even given up Scenarios because there is no value playing them anymore.....

The meta.  Let's see......most complaints I've read these past two days have a discussion about meta and Ranked embedded in them....   I have a POM and a Benham and "others" and yet, just can't see playing 3x3 because average players can't compete it seems and are just "potatoes to farm..."   That is the point.......  The game is moving away from a great many of us and THAT, is my point.   I actually liked the game pre-Update 8.0 after getting talked into playing it almost three years ago now......  Now, I am the last of those people whom talked me into this game.......because, I care for it.  That's all.  An average player with an opinion.  And, look up my stats:  I am a Potato - because I just can't take this game that seriously......

3x3 should be about pure, unadulterated fun.......a place to laugh at each other.......not, a Barney Farming ground built for them, and about them..........that only divides us further........again, just my opinion.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what "Barney" means?

I spend way too much time both in this game and on this forum but, this is the only poster that I have ever seen use the term.