You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Laser_Beam

WG. What are you doing to reduce the toxicity CVs generate?

364 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
733 posts
32,785 battles

What are you talking about? Everyone loves CVs. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,153 battles
7 minutes ago, Did_I_hurt_U said:

Well they're banning and chasing off anti CV people so.....

Really? Who? No one who initiated the boycott of Clan Wars was banned, nor were any of the participants. I'm well known for my pro-good gaming views, and I only get chat banned when I am salty in game, same as everyone else. They don't single out those of us who prefer a fun, complex game for special punishment. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,892 battles
1 hour ago, Laser_Beam said:

As above.  Just wondering.

They can create a special place in the forums for CV hatred and repetative posting/echo chambering.  The calls for the downfall of the game and how CV players have mental health issues can reside peacefully in their rightful place.  

Or you can adapt.  The very same people complaining have no problem with BB, CV, or DD divisions obliterating CVs.  Now that deserves credit for adaptation.  My favorite target in any CV game is the red CV.  

And please @Did_I_hurt_U, who was banned for having an opinion? 

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 18

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,159 posts
8,956 battles

They modified tiny Tim reticle, not as good as before. Now they are improving the invisibility of boats from air. 

Not sure what else they got planned but hopefully more to come

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts

The online world has toxicity. It does not matter what you do in a game, be it cards or CV or simulation etc.

Just stack reports to support tickets and be done with it, forget about it and move on to the next one.

• Thanks 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
41 minutes ago, Did_I_hurt_U said:

Well yeah. The question was about carrier toxicity. Deal constructively are be dealt with. Might be frustrating as all get out but we have to conduct ourselves as adults while we learn to deal with carriers and wait to see if any more adjustments are coming. I'm fine with how things are right now after the spotting changes on my DD.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles
52 minutes ago, Did_I_hurt_U said:

If there is a person who's job is to ban and run off anti CV people, he sucks at his job.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 3

[HINON]
Members
14,223 posts
4 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yeah, before the rework there was no toxicity in WoWs. :Smile_teethhappy:

It was all unicorns, care bears, and smurfs.

[TRU]
Members
762 posts
22,892 battles
12 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If there is a person who's job is to ban and run off anti CV people, he sucks at his job.

Excellent point.  The forums are full of examples.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,367 posts
6,999 battles

Right, blame the CV but in reality the CV player is toxic due to the near constant reporting/abuse/flaming because people yolo around and get blapped by a DD.

Honestly dude, you're not making ANYTHING better but just making more and more people toxic/feel Z-E-R-O pity when they kill people in a CV.

"If they already hate me for the class I play, why bother being nice."

It's a VERY slippery slope man, don't contribute to making it worse. Engage the CV crowd in a legitimate and honest discussion vs "THE CV CROWD IS SO TOXIC REMOVE THEM!"

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,117 posts
8,197 battles

Since it is the players who are generating the toxicity and not the ship, I don't see it being WG's job to teach people how to not be toxic. If it wasn't CVs, it's DDs. If not DDs, then BBs.

There is a reason it is called -self- control, and it doesn't involve looking to others to do what you should be doing.

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 5
  • Thanks 3

Members
7,122 posts
22,698 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Really? Who? No one who initiated the boycott of Clan Wars was banned, nor were any of the participants. I'm well known for my pro-good gaming views, and I only get chat banned when I am salty in game, same as everyone else. They don't single out those of us who prefer a fun, complex game for special punishment. 

I know of one that was perma banned from the forum over his CV talk.

[12TF]
9,260 posts
14 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Since it is the players who are generating the toxicity and not the ship, I don't see it being WG's job to teach people how to not be toxic. If it wasn't CVs, it's DDs. If not DDs, then BBs.

There is a reason it is called -self- control, and it doesn't involve looking to others to do what you should be doing.

Go look at any game's forum.  They are all full of happiness where everyone gets along and has civil, rational discussions. :)

[SALVO]
Members
8,341 posts
6,181 battles

WG is trying to make CVs more amiable to players by making them resemble venerable and loved cartoons. Currently they are testing a Mr Magoo version of them. 

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
6,367 posts
6,999 battles
18 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

WG is trying to make CVs more amiable to players by making them resemble venerable and loved cartoons. Currently they are testing a Mr Magoo version of them. 

All I'm saying is German BBs should be represented by Burt the Turtle from those civil defense movies from the 50s.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
11,082 posts
19,206 battles

Every one wants this to be their game, their way, It's a game and it isn't owned by you. If you don't like the game and want to change it, make your own. You could join the team and have a better chance at changing things. @Hapa_Fodder recently published a forum topic for employment opportunities with WG. You can, not play the game, if you don't like it. You can stop spending money until WG relents and makes it how you want. You could alternatively change your attitude and enjoy the game. Then again as the saying goes, "Only The Weather, Changes."

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 1

Banned
627 posts
3 hours ago, Laser_Beam said:

As above.  Just wondering.

CV toxicity has existed in the game since the beginning, the rework just made it more vocal. I believe, that like many things in this game, Wargaming has given up on trying to improve it and are just trying to ring out more money from the player base.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,509 posts
7,402 battles
1 hour ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

I know of one that was perma banned from the forum over his CV talk.

WG is not banning people for anti CV talk.     Otherwise I wouldn't be here.  Taichunger wouldn't be here. Leerux (or however its spelled) wouldn't be making all his threads.  Elazer wouldn't be here.  There are a lot of anti CV folks active and well on these forums. 

WG bans people from the forums for breaking the forum ToS repeatedly that is it.   I would put down money that @Hapa_Fodder and crew have never temp or perma banned anyone for simply speaking against CVs. 

As far as believing whomever why they received a perma bann,   remember that everyone is innocent in jail too. 

Edited by eviltane

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles

Nothing will stop the whining short of A:  Removing the class or B: Nerfing them so hard they might as well just remove the class.   And they aren't going to do either.

The only class I even notice they exist are DDs, and I can easily mitigate their influence on me, when I play anything else, I mostly just ignore them.   The only ones still butthurt about them are the people who are overly reliant on concealment.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[VORTX]
Members
663 posts
8,412 battles

If we’re looking for serious answers ... personally I feel simply getting rid of the fictional rocket planes would be enough. They are the biggest crock. Torpedo, dive and level bombers were all real. Aircraft firing rockets wasn’t common until the Korean War as far as I know. I can find very little information on wwii usage. I’m sure a CV lover out there will be eager to show me otherwise ... Of course this game is more arcade than reality, but tell that to warspites historically accurate guns and CO and CA historically accurate speed 🤷‍♂️

of course that won’t happen. WG is far too invested at this point. I feel the only option we have is to make noise here and in the game chat. Sorry CV captains but drive something else if you don’t want to get chewed out all the time. 😬🖤

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1